Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay y'all I just got around to watching the Daily Dump from Sea World. Chelsea is an upgrade over Giggles, but she also has those Cris the Girl crazy eyes, kind of like Lorena Bobitt if you know what I mean. Adam and Tampa Jay better sleep with one eye open at night 👀🔪🍆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So instead of using all that $$$ as a down-payment for a house, he uses it all for a Disney themed timeshare. Makes sense (to Adam). 🤪🤪🤪
He is a homeowner in his delusional mind. The yearly fees per point goes up 4-8% each year. Its his retirement plan as he has described to us previously. Fine if you have a mortgage free home base and guaranteed income for lufe. He has neither. I think he realizes now that maybe he needs to purchase a house. He has mentioned it a few times. However, where he wants to live, such as south Pasadena or Celebration is a pipe dream. Maybe new side chick Chelsea already owns a house? Poor girl…..

Reactions: 9
Adam's childhood moving from town to town and never establishing meaningful relationships as well as spending the past 10 years staring into a camera lens have him in a warped sense of reality. He has zero social skills. The man at almost 50 years old can't even have a basic conversation with someone who approaches him. He needs therapy. He needs to work on improving social skills versus his obsession with a baseball team who he has literally followed for two years. Another waste of time walk and talk where he took 30 minutes to essentially talk in circles and tell us absolutely nothing. He will be doing the same tit he always does. But now the stans will tell him how great he is and how his "job" is so hard. He'll be praised for his vlogging and how he really does burn the candle at both ends to provide us with such great content.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Did this dumdum really buy points that have restrictions as to where they can be used while already owning at legacy resorts? (riviera for sure, don't know about the new DL ones)
All of his points are direct, so the Riviera and Disneyland points aren’t restricted. They only become restricted if they are resale points. Then, they can only be used at Riviera or Disneyland respectively. As long as they’re still owned by the original purchaser, they can be used anywhere.

Reactions: 4
Instead, nearing 50 and with no wife / partner and / or children, he buys multiple times into DVC and overpriced flea market-esque merch, and jacks off to his daily collection of Aulani wrist bands.

Makes perfect sense to Adam. 🤣
That would be a great thread title if it makes it past the censors.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Adam's childhood moving from town to town and never establishing meaningful relationships as well as spending the past 10 years staring into a camera lens have him in a warped sense of reality. He has zero social skills. The man at almost 50 years old can't even have a basic conversation with someone who approaches him. He needs therapy. He needs to work on improving social skills versus his obsession with a baseball team who he has literally followed for two years. Another waste of time walk and talk where he took 30 minutes to essentially talk in circles and tell us absolutely nothing. He will be doing the same tit he always does. But now the stans will tell him how great he is and how his "job" is so hard. He'll be praised for his vlogging and how he really does burn the candle at both ends to provide us with such great content.
This is so true. It's well documented that he is often aloof to anyone to approaches him outside of his very small circle of vlogging "friends." The immediate interpretation is that he's an asshole but I think you identified the real problem - immense social awkwardness. His most constant relationship over the last 10+ years has been with a camera. His most frequent social interactions have been in a comment section.

Reactions: 11
Are people surprised he is a dysfunctional man-child? I certainly am not. It takes a certain personality type to hold up a camera or phone, talk into it about pretty much nothing of consequence and upload it for the public to consume. He is just another one who happened to be an early adopter. if he tried starting the same channels today he would have little to no success given how much competition is out there now.

This is so true. It's well documented that he is often aloof to anyone to approaches him outside of his very small circle of vlogging "friends." The immediate interpretation is that he's an asshole but I think you identified the real problem - immense social awkwardness. His most constant relationship over the last 10+ years has been with a camera. His most frequent social interactions have been in a comment section.
THIS. Spot on.

And furthermore, this is why he chooses to mouth off to people in the comments.

He wouldn't DARE have the balls to say what he says sometimes to someone's face.
---
Are people surprised he is a dysfunctional man-child? I certainly am not. It takes a certain personality type to hold up a camera or phone, talk into it about pretty much nothing of consequence and upload it for the public to consume. He is just another one who happened to be an early adopter. if he tried starting the same channels today he would have little to no success given how much competition is out there now.
I'm not surprised he's a backwards manchild, in general.
I think that, for most, the surprising thing is that he lacks the ability to even be somewhat courteous to someone who recognizes him.

As I've told my story countless times but for those who never read it, all I said was a very nonchalant, "Hey, Adam the Woo -" as DH and I stood an arm's length away from him in the "queue line" of the "switchback" waiting to get into the BttF panel at MegaCon back in 2019. My intent was just to say "hi" and that we watch him. That's it. Didn't want to carry on a 30-minute-long conversation with the guy.

All he had to say was "Hey, hi."
Instead he looked at me, turned away, then put his phone up to his ear and pretended like he was listening to someone talking to him. 🙄

To the contrary, we also met View from the Cheapseats hours before and he and Mary were SO nice. In fact, they wanted to talk to US more than we felt the need to talk to them. LOL They kept asking us questions about our favorite places in Sanford when we mentioned we like to head up Sanford and visit some of the places they've showed, etc. I cannot say one bad thing about that interaction and all it started with was me going past them saying, "Hey guys, we love your vlogs." They were genuinely smiling, friendly, and decent to talk with.

(yes, I was purposefully redundant like Adam with "queue line" 🤣 and no, for the record, I'm not an ogre with three arms and horns growing out of my head enough for him to not want to say hi)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I like Jordan the Lion. So this is not a slam against him. Saying that, if people like Jordan or even more so, Jacob or Tim have an ex-wife (Jacob), GF or Wife as much of a loser Jenn is or how much of a Dumbass Jacob is. Adam should in theory have at least something of a GF or BF. FWB does not count in this case, as I personally think that it is more of sympathy sex. As I am sure Natalie is not getting thing out if it worthwhile.

Reactions: 1
OMG.

THAT's the thumbnail he chose? With the blurry hands?

Seriously. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF already with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Plus he was home skooled. No peer interaction there besides the bible thumping, extreme right wing, evangelical, QANON loving, hypocrites in the different low IQ places they lived in. He lives in child like cities and theme parks bc preacher Jimbo didn't have the means or inclination to visit such heathen/sinister cesspools. Now he flaunts and relishes in the 600 DVC points he owns to the unworthy amongst him.

Reactions: 6
Could someone please explain DVC to me like I'm five?

I understand that the concept is pre-paying for future Disney vacations (or at least the stays at Disney resorts -- do those stays include park passes?), but I get lost in the details.

The points get converted to nights at each hotel. How is the conversion defined? Does it vary by hotel (e.g., I'd assume that the hotels that charge more in dollars per night would also charge more in points.). Does it vary over time (e.g., If a hotel charges X points per night this year, could they decide to charge 2X or 3X points 5 or 10 years in the future)?

What does it mean that Adam bought points "at" certain properties? Is the purchase price and value of every point equal? Can points be used at any property, or only where they were purchased?

Can you buy as many points as you want? Is there a minimum amount required to buy every year? Is there a maximum? Do points ever expire if they aren't used by a certain date?

What are the maintenance fees that go along with the points? Do those vary based on the quantity of points and where they were purchased?

How does the "contract" work? Some have quoted a date far in the future, and I'm not clear on what happens at that date.

My suspicion is that he is preparing for his eventual retirement by prepaying for his vacations -- and writing them off on his taxes (which we all know doesn't mean that he gets them for free, but it does mean that he doesn't pay tax on the money he spends on the points -- essentially netting himself a sweet ~30% discount) because he talked about it in his videos. I just don't know enough about the world of DVC to understand all the intricacies.

Reactions: 5
Could someone please explain DVC to me like I'm five?

I understand that the concept is pre-paying for future Disney vacations (or at least the stays at Disney resorts -- do those stays include park passes?), but I get lost in the details.

It only includes the hotel stay, parks and food are not included though sometimes there's discounts offered for dvc members and there is an annual pass for dvc if I'm not mistaken. Direct owners get discounts on merch and some of the restaurants.

The points get converted to nights at each hotel. How is the conversion defined? Does it vary by hotel (e.g., I'd assume that the hotels that charge more in dollars per night would also charge more in points.). Does it vary over time (e.g., If a hotel charges X points per night this year, could they decide to charge 2X or 3X points 5 or 10 years in the future)?
The points are different at all the dvc resorts, I believe a riviera is most expensive and OKW is the cheapest. The amount of points allocated per resort can't change but they can reorganize the amount of points needed during a specific part of the year. Like for example one week it can be 100 points/night to stay and another day 90/day. The next year they can change it to 110/night and 80/night. As long as the math stays the same.

What does it mean that Adam bought points "at" certain properties? Is the purchase price and value of every point equal? Can points be used at any property, or only where they were purchased?
You can get points at all the dvc resorts, they all have different price points. You can buy straight from Disney and get perks, or buy resale and don't get the perks. You can use your points at any of the dvc resorts, we own at VGF and usually stay at AKL. The difference is that I can reserve a room at 11 months at VGF and at 7 months at the others so always buy where you want to stay if the resort you want to stay is hard to get into.

Can you buy as many points as you want? Is there a minimum amount required to buy every year? Is there a maximum? Do points ever expire if they aren't used by a certain date?
I'm sure disney is fine with you throwing them as much money as you'd like. You don't have to get more points if you don 't want to. Points expire at end of the year but you can roll them over to the next, only once though. You have to use those points the following year. You can also borrow from the next year. So I have 100 points, I can bank this year's to use next year and I can borrow from 2025 for a total of 300 if needed.

What are the maintenance fees that go along with the points? Do those vary based on the quantity of points and where they were purchased?
Maintenance fees are the cost of keeping the resort running. Maintenance fees are higher at AKL because of animal care is included, Hilton Head and Vero Beach also are higher because of hurricane damage risk being high. You pay a certain amount per point you own.

How does the "contract" work? Some have quoted a date far in the future, and I'm not clear on what happens at that date.
Contracts run until certain dates in the future, not all resorts are the same year. I'm not sure what will happen once 2042 rolls around(I think that's the earliest one)

My suspicion is that he is preparing for his eventual retirement by prepaying for his vacations -- and writing them off on his taxes (which we all know doesn't mean that he gets them for free, but it does mean that he doesn't pay tax on the money he spends on the points -- essentially netting himself a sweet ~30% discount) because he talked about it in his videos. I just don't know enough about the world of DVC to understand all the intricacies.
I tried to answer some of your questions, they are bolded

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So he's wearing the collared shirt because his Aunt and Uncle are in town and they are going to dinner with his parents. It's clear that's why he's wearing it even though he says "I have no idea why I'm wearing this shirt" 🥴

Let the over-explaining commence. Things over-explained in this video in order to make it to 30 mins:

• Jet lag
  • how big of a Rays fan he is, down to exactly how and what devices he uses to watch games on the road
  • his entire YouTube career
  • his work experience prior to YouTube ("I worked bankers hours, I mean, I didn't work at a bank, but...")
  • his hair

Adam thinks going to see the Rays in every MLB stadium makes him some sort of superior super fan. He thinks it shows true dedication. He should try moving to St. Pete and attending all 81 home games and see if he can do it, no? That's a bit more dedication that flying first class all over the place to take in one game here and there.

He says wants to get away from dated events and "lists", right after mentioning he has 12 more stadiums on his list to visit 😂. "You know, next year I've gotta do the baseball stuff" 😂. Right Adam, sure you do. Don't forget the $130k in DVC points that certainly qualify as "dated events" every year.

Yet another Pumpkin Spice Latte, always good for the soul and the belly!

Adam wants a change, he needs a change. He's got a "dated" event lined up at the end of October (probably Haunt-related and probably in California) but he's not sure he'll actually do it. Adam needs to be alone (sorry Chelsea), and he misses the backroads. So Adam's big change is to simply re-visit what he's done a million times before, backroads, including this year as recently as 4 months ago.

1696949711383.png

1696949763524.png

1696949914220.png

He says he loves doing daily videos, it puts his mind at ease and "it's just what I do." Duh, it's his only outlet socially, and it's also his job. A job that allows him to travel in first class and do as he pleases.

He then confesses that although he LOVES Celebration and loves living there, as soon as he got back he wanted to leave again :rolleyes:. He's FORCING himself to stay at home for almost 3 whole weeks, everyone! Wow, what gumption Adam has to stand up to...Adam. And he says he doesn't want to fly anywhere, so the small towns and backroads will be all the same areas around Florida that he's done already, at least initially. No flying to Wisconsin or Minnesota or the Dakotas and then driving around areas he's never really explored, it'll be Georgia and up the east coast or across Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

In 2024 he's replacing DragonCon with D23, so still a convention. What a huge change 🥴. He wants to do small towns and backroads 75% of the time. He thinks this is what people want to see. That would be a huge change in his content compared to the last 5-6 years and I'd be interested to see what that would do to his views when it becomes 75% of the time.

He blames his social anxiety on his poor interactions with fans, and then blabs on about everything he's already said, regurgitating it endlessly.

He throws in that he's been thinking about where he wants to end up. Probably not Florida or California, he says, but doesn't provide any other info about where he would like to "end up". You can be sure this means he will end up in Florida or California.

Rest of the month will be mostly haunts and WDW. Then he will hit the road, maybe? He says he can't do another year of the "same old same old" he's done the past few years. Of course the remedy is NOT to find something new to do, it's to go back to to the "same old same old" that he did in the 2010's.

He concludes by obsessively zooming in on a PVC pipe in the stupid lake and confessing that it wasn't so much that the Rays lost, it's that he couldn't there when they lost. It's always about Adam, isn't it?

This is the type of conversation any normal person would have with their best friends, their family, their confidantes. Adam has it with a camera walking around Celebration. That pretty much says it all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Keep slurping those PSL's, David, and all the weight will be back just in time for a New Years Resolution "time for a change" walk and talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Adam thinks going to see the Rays in every MLB stadium makes him some sort of superior super fan. He thinks it shows true dedication. He should try moving to St. Pete and attending all 81 home games and see if he can do it, no? That's a bit more dedication that flying first class all over the place to take in one game here and there.
I would normally be on board with this, but that would mean I'd have to see him every time I go to a game and that does not sound appealing. Seriously, though, if he is as big a fan as he claims, he should be a season ticket holder.

Adam wants a change, he needs a change. He's got a "dated" event lined up at the end of October (probably Haunt-related and probably in California) but he's not sure he'll actually do it. Adam needs to be alone (sorry Chelsea), and he misses the backroads. So Adam's big change is to simply re-visit what he's done a million times before, backroads, including this year as recently as 4 months ago.

He blames his social anxiety on his poor interactions with fans, and then blabs on about everything he's already said, regurgitating it endlessly.

He throws in that he's been thinking about where he wants to end up. Probably not Florida or California, he says, but doesn't provide any other info about where he would like to "end up". You can be sure this means he will end up in Florida or California.
The thing is, I truly believe he wants something different in life...it's been clear he's not happy and the things that used to bring joy no longer do...but he's not willing to do what it takes to bring that about. It's why his weight fluctuates so much. His systems never change. He won't take the risk to try somewhere other than Florida or Cali. MAYBE Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. But that's still within the comfort of his current systems.

His poor interactions with fans are his fault. @2020planner provided a perfect example of that. Taking 2 minutes to have a positive interaction with people who pay your bills should not be difficult...in fact, he should be appreciative.

This is the type of conversation any normal person would have with their best friends, their family, their confidantes. Adam has it with a camera walking around Celebration. That pretty much says it all.
The camera IS his best friend and confidant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.