Adam Hattan #10 His vlogs are trash so now he’s selling his trash

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t actually hire someone. Just gets people to spill ideas at the interviews then fucks them over.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t actually hire someone. Just gets people to spill ideas at the interviews then fucks them over.
Yeah that too, he definitely scouting ideas.

He is getting out of his depth, employing people has consequences and he has already messed up the ad by stating an age. That could get him in trouble. Also, knowing what Adams like, it's quite creepy too.

Reactions: 1
Yeah that too, he definitely scouting ideas.

He is getting out of his depth, employing people has consequences and he has already messed up the ad by stating an age. That could get him in trouble. Also, knowing what Adams like, it's quite creepy too.
I can't see an age in the ad.

It does mention 16-30 but that is the target audience

I can't see an age in the ad.

It does mention 16-30 but that is the target audience

'Likewise, this could also be suitable for a young marketing professional'

This is a real grey area. It's not just young people that might be looking for extra experience or be just starting their marketing career etc. Also, what is 'young'?

It may seem small but these things do matter.

Reactions: 2
In 2024, it bothers me that £16 is considered a decent rate for a job in the UK that requires a degree and experience. Supermarkets in the US and some EU cities pay more than that now. Anyway, that being said it being 12 weeks and the job being a desperate guy trying to buy fame/success by using you temporarily….I see this going 2 ways.

1. He hires someone between jobs who quickly sees what’s going on and bounces.
2. He hires a very attractive young man just like Pete Werner did and this chap may not have any real skills so he’s paying out a few grand to be around someone he’s crushing on. And this person will soon be on a concierge cruise “my marketing assistant Benji”

Reactions: 8
In 2024, it bothers me that £16 is considered a decent rate for a job in the UK that requires a degree and experience. Supermarkets in the US and some EU cities pay more than that now.
UK salaries are so underpaid it’s insane. My job for the same company in US is 2x more. But i digress…
This would be decent and normal for a UK perm salary (£33k a year) as it puts it at around average, but…
IT IS NOT NORMAL AND SEVERELY UNDERPAID FOR A SHORT-TERM CONTRACT ROLE.
A marketing freelancer’s typical rate is about £200-£300 a day due to the nature of being a freelance / constantly being between jobs / not having benefits like annual leave and pensions.
Also this is more of a consultation role.
It just goes to show he has no idea what he is doing.

Reactions: 5
Cost of living is higher in the states though, they also generally have less perks and rights. So I wouldn't say its a strictly fair comparison.

Cost of living is higher in the states though, they also generally have less perks and rights. So I wouldn't say its a strictly fair comparison.
Depends where though. I live in inner london and it’s very similar to NY.
and yeah, we get free healthcare but most US companies have health insurance and a lot of UK companies do too now.

US salaries are higher for in-demand skilled roles because those companies have bigger profits and therefore bigger budgets. It’s simply that they can afford to pay more.

But salaries are much lower in US for min wage jobs where the gap is a lot bigger than here.

Last edited:
I wonder if the person who gets the job is an attractive gay male?

Also I work in marketing (holla to everyone else in marketing). The rate is pretty good but it still makes me rage that marketing is generally underpaid (like every industry I guess). Marketing is often essential to get companies through rough patches yet everyone seems to think they're experts because they post on Facebook. Sorry for the random rant.
Yep, another marketing person here. Props and respect to all my peers.

I'm a product marketing manager for a French company, but I'm based in the US. And although there are many disciplines within Marketing (it isn't all just Facebook and IG posts), I'm sure that Madam has no idea how to truly market his brand. I use the term "brand" loosely. :cool:

He could probably pay someone a base rate to make social media posts and come up with cute hashtags, but that's not really marketing. He would need to go much deeper into his buyer persona and ideal customer profile and translate that into an executable plan, and without giving him too many free tips, message mapping, and demand generation, for example.

By the way Adam, I'm available for a Zoom consultation. What does your BFF Jen charge? $250 for 30 minutes? Sounds about right. :p

Not to go off topic too much but you should see the perks the Americans get at my company in addition to a bigger salary! I could only dream. Incredible pension match, healthcare, stock options, unlimited vacation, tuition for their kids. Of course not every industry over there will be like that but if I moved over there my standard of living would be so much higher. Most of my American colleagues are landlords/house flippers and I’m stuck in renter hell. To put it in perspective they offer 35K starting in the Amsterdam and 85Kin rural Ohio. Europeans who fought for a review of this discrepancy were laid off without warning, so much for rights! Anyway, there’s my blood pressure up again 😂

Back to Madam and his search for a marketer to make him the literary legend he is in his own mind! I was thinking how much this reflects his values or lack of. He thinks he can buy everything. Buy friendship, buy a literary career, buy respect. Lie about the nature of the business, throw out cash and have a best seller (he thinks) I wonder if his parents brought him up in that environment? Because he does it with so little shame. Like he knows this person will find out it’s one guy in his bedroom and that there is no “we” or “team” and he thinks they….just won’t mention it? He has to be suffering from an actual disorder that causes delusion or his parents had staff and treated them like skivvies

• Wow
@GSquaredUWS our companies sound very similar in terms of HR. My company is US-publicly traded and yes, the Americans are all property owners and earn 2-3x more. I would love to compare to AUS as well.

He thinks he can buy everything. Buy friendship, buy a literary career, buy respect. Lie about the nature of the business, throw out cash and have a best seller (he thinks) I wonder if his parents brought him up in that environment?
I really think so, he has no real concept of money. I do think his parents throw cash at him. Ive never been in that position with my parents, but see it over and over again where I live. Example closest to Adam i can think of is a friend who was an aspiring TV presenter / Youtuber. She did jobs like babysitting, fitness training 2 days a week, which isnt enough to live in Battersea, but she’d admit her parents (own a small food brand) pay her rent and send her a few grand when she needs it. She’s 35. I really think he is bankrolled by them and they dont care what he does with the money.

His work address is listed as 2 Brookhill Way Banbury OX16 3ED. When i look it up, it’s all small businesses like a seamtress, and some seemed a bit dodgy. Can anyone make sense of this?

Reactions: 1
Looks like a place where you can rent office space when you need it. All smoke and mirrors. If he was honest about his set up and what he's trying to do then he might get someone with the right skillset who would work with him freelance. All this trying to be something he's not means he'll attract the wrong candidates and many of them will be fuming when they realise the job advert is the best piece of fiction he's ever written.

• Wow
It’s the fact he even believes he runs a business to begin with.
He is really a self-employed YouTuber who shifts some merch just like the others, but they dont call themselves Managing Directors. Lol.
Renting out what is basically a cheap wework when he lives alone and just needs a laptop. What a twit. Even victoria pretends costa is good enough for her lol

• Heart
Just watched the latest Witchy Poo Lafforge vlog, they both ate at the Enchante restaurant. Witchy's Bill was $379 & Twattans was $300, I know in some restaurants you pay a supplement but that's ridiculous.

• Wow