Adam Hattan #10 His vlogs are trash so now he’s selling his trash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can't with that professional photo. Did Ronald Mchattan say to the photographer 'I need a humble surprise photo for when my book inevitably goes to number 1'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And who paid for these photos… is it like a Chandler and Joey thing where Jen le Hag asks for her money back years later? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did I see a review saying the main characters are 16? And Adam said it's spicy? Whilst I appreciate legal age of consent and all that, they are still children and it gives me the ick considering I'd imagine most of Adams fan base were 16 a long time ago. I wonder if any of them have really stopped to think about what they are actually buying. Maybe I'm a bit prudish, but as the mum of a nearly 16yr old like duck would I be reading about the early fumblings of kids a similar age 😂 I am not his market and even if I was the biggest Twatten fan I would not buy it for that reason.

I'm from the generation when Forever by Judy Blume was released but she made the characters 18, and whilst she was already an established author, it very much felt like it was marketed to the right audience.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Did I see a review saying the main characters are 16? And Adam said it's spicy? Whilst I appreciate legal age of consent and all that, they are still children and it gives me the ick considering I'd imagine most of Adams fan base were 16 a long time ago. I wonder if any of them have really stopped to think about what they are actually buying. Maybe I'm a bit prudish, but as the mum of a nearly 16yr old like duck would I be reading about the early fumblings of kids a similar age 😂 I am not his market and even if I was the biggest Twatten fan I would not buy it for that reason.

I'm from the generation when Forever by Judy Blume was released but she made the characters 18, and whilst she was already an established author, it very much felt like it was marketed to the right audience.
I'm torn, I feel like this will be a heartstopper rip off and probably not all that 'spicy'. The only spice Adam knows is vanilla and old spice.

16 and younger have sex, so I don't see the ages a problem in themselves. But it's all how it's written. I suspect it will be some ridiculous unrealistic disney romantic magical moment rather than a steamy session, or the awkwardness it more often is lol he also has to be careful not to come across as fetishising it

Reactions: 6
I imagine the “spice” will be Korma level i.e practically non existent.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah one of his wet lettuce characters will probably be topless or something. SPICY.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That 4 star review actually confirms most of what Tattle predicted. The plot, the tone, the poor writing - this point in particular is what we assumed. A “play by play” of Adams fantasy teenage years.

IMG_4659.jpeg

But the reviews are way too biased. If this wasn’t written by Adam it would have received 1 or 2 stars from that reviewer. The reviewer made it all about themselves and after their spiel about being bullied and being a hispanic teenager questioning their sexuality they were always going to be gentle since they want to like it.

Reactions: 9
When it’s 99p on kindle I’ll buy it and write my own review.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I imagine doing it with the lights on is spicy in Adam’s book.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just why would you include this in a vlog. It also makes him look a good 10 to 15 years older, maybe more

Screenshot_20240511_123451_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Yeah, it's confusing as hell. I would have thought most of the Disney vloggers would have pretty mature audiences, very far removed from teenage LGBTQ novels. At what point do we start calling it stockholm syndrome when the stans just send him money for anything (or nothing)?

Or, is he trying to build a new audience segment in teenagers? It's creepy either way.

Reactions: 2
I want him to sign my copy, and maybe write his number ? I can't wait to read it :love:

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah, it's confusing as hell. I would have thought most of the Disney vloggers would have pretty mature audiences, very far removed from teenage LGBTQ novels. At what point do we start calling it stockholm syndrome when the stans just send him money for anything (or nothing)?

Or, is he trying to build a new audience segment in teenagers? It's creepy either way.
Well, we did kind of half joke about him heading into predatory Pete Warner territory as he got older, maybe he is entering that era now
---
This would have been a better title for a book by Adam

Screenshot_20240511_164905_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.