Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HenriiCoop

Chatty Member
Thank you 🙏🏻 I usually watch on Discovery+ but it takes them AGES to put the episodes on. Really wish we’d just get everything the same time as the US.

I was a bit tipsy at my work’s Christmas party and none of us have anything in common and it’s really hard to make conversation so we were talking TV and I ended up talking about this programme. I keep having flashbacks to all my colleagues staring blankly at me while I was saying, “So it’s called 1000lb Sisters because their combined weight is roughly 1000lbs.” I don’t think I convinced anyone to watch it tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Oh my god! I remember these people from years ago, they had an Internet channel. Honestly it was a train crash back then, Amy was all over the place and she had a load of trolls that she fought with.
What way do they come across in this show, I always thought they had learning difficulties.
Yeah they've got a YouTube channel they've had for years that's always attracted loads of abuse!

They've had their fair share of controversy, I remember a few years back, Tammy had pneumonia and was apparently close to death. Amy set up a Gofundme to buy a supersize coffin and loads of people donated. Obviously Tammy lived and the Gofundme page disappeared, so loads of people were furious they lost their money.

Personally I've never been fans of theirs but I find it interesting to watch their journey. Amy seems to have really matured, she's married, lost enough weight to have surgery and has recently had a baby.

I find Tammy to be really immature and she's clearly jealous of Amy and snipes at her and makes sly digs constantly. She has a boyfriend who she met on a BBW page so her family are worried he's not going to support her weight loss to have the surgery as he likes his ladies big! 😂

Reactions: 13

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
She's done so well. I didn't think she'd make it at one point. I hope Amy gets back on it soon, maybe Tammy's weight loss will spur her on after the shit time she's had.

Reactions: 12

Bexybest

I've only watched bits and bobs of it but Tammy is so rude and toxic. You wonder why anyone bothers with her at all.

Reactions: 11

LilToes

VIP Member
Does anyone else get the heebie geebies with michaels long dirty finger nails 🤢🤢 everytime they show him on the show I can’t help but look for them now and they are honestly disgusting!

So apparently Miss “I can’t walk up one step that’s 3 inches off the ground” has no problem standing up and dancing or walking out to the van if she’s going to go get some booze. OK that was the most staged fake party ever how much you wanna bet those people were paid to show up.
I am so over her and her shit
The latest episode shows how bad she’s got since drinking and smoking etc she can barely get out of the car. However I do think she uses the refusal of trying to get up one step by saying she’s not feeling well when it’s just her embarrassed at herself at not being about to lift her leg an inch off the floor

HenriiCoop

Chatty Member
It’s absurd for shows to not be released in the UK at the same time as they air in America in this day and age. Loads of us here subscribe to Discovery+ and would be watching it on there but we have to watch it on YouTube because otherwise we’ll read every spoiler ahead of its release. Ridiculous.

It’s so strange and sad watching it knowing Caleb died. Terrible.

I look at their mum and think she needs a good wash! No wonder why the kids turned out so big, she was neglectful of her children! All things considering they have turned out well, and she should be ashamed. When I saw their mum didn’t attend Amy or Tammys weddings my heart broke for them. It’s an important moment any child wants to share with their mum!

I’m glad the siblings have each other and are close to one another.

PandoraSkye

VIP Member
Wow Tammy!
Almost have a tear in my eye for how happy I am for her, I couldn’t imagine how much her life has changed in these past few months. There’s probably a million things she can do now that she couldn’t have imagined doing. I hope she stays on the right path now and continues to get healthier. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Amy also looks fabulous in her photos too, onwards and upwards for the both of them!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
That mother is a cold woman.

I do love the siblings, they're dysfunctional but they really do seem to love each other and want the best for each other.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
She has done so well, I honestly never thought she would do it. I really hope she can get skin removal surgery, I’m sure any excess weight is the excess skin now.

Reactions: 10

LilToes

VIP Member
I’m only watching season 3 at the moment on discovery +, Tammy a attitude in this series is the worst! The way she speaks to her siblings is god damn awful, she will end up loosing everyone because she can’t be civil. Also I don’t think her family are fully to blame for her overeating, it’s the boyfriends and take outs that are the main issue. Her family can’t be with her 24/7

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Well, that was a wild episode! I thought Amy seemed genuinely distressed too. I noticed when Michael and Amanda were head to head that Amy's hand was shaking, and I don't think that's something you can easily fake.

From what Amy said in E2, Michael comes across as a controlling bastard.
I was actually gobsmacked when Amy ASKED HIM if she could go to Tammy's if she took both kids! 😫

I was really glad to see Amanda stand up to him. She can be a hard faced cow at times, but she's definitely someone I'd want on my team. Really looking forward to the next ep!

ETA the shopping trip with Chris and Tammy was great. I actually cheered when she got into the front seat and closed the door! How amazing must that have felt as she's not been able to sit in the front of a car since she was 16!

Last edited:

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
She won't ever lose the weight, it's her sole source of attention and the infamy she's got from it would disappear overnight if she did. What a sad world to exist in.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Has anyone else been watching this? It's a TLC show and follows the Slaton sisters (Amy and Tammy) who live in Kentucky and are both trying to lose weight via bariatic surgery.

View attachment 476380

I'm currently halfway through series two so would be interested in hearing from anyone watching too.
They’ve come a long way. With how stubborn Tammy was I never thought I’d see her get the surgery.
IMG_7642.jpeg

• Heart

ohannie

VIP Member
Amy has filed for divorce apparently. Though it did say she said he was lazy. It seemed as though he did a lot for her.
Yes, it always seemed like he was doing everything for the family, he doesn't talk much but you always see him doing jobs in the background, driving people places, moving things, presumably working full time to support her and their kids and pay the mortgage.

Meg78

VIP Member
Discovery+ has been added to Roku so I’ve been binging the whole series, Amy is adorable, she’s uncouth but very sweet, I’ve been rooting for her as well as Chris with his cheeky boy smile when he’s ribbing his siblings. I really like all the family….. except Tammy. I WANT to like her, I want to root for her and cheer her on, but she’s so vile to everyone around her it’s really hard to see anything worth saving.

I’ve noticed that Tammy always has to have her “thing”, her USP, something that makes her special compared to others, it’s almost like when toddlers lash out because they want your attention, they don’t care if it’s good or bad they just want to be noticed, and I really get the vibe that Tammy craves that recognition and approval too.

Reactions: 9

Sh1tRollsDownHill

VIP Member
Tammy has done great, after losing Caleb especially. If she can maintain the weight loss for a good period of time then I'm sure she'll get the skin removal no problem. As for that Haley Michelle, not sure if she's a good influence on Tammy or not, can see this relationship getting toxic. Would love to see what HM looks like without a filter too!!

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I am divided on how creepy I find Tammys new husband. He went to the rehab centre specifically to meet her. And she fell right into it.
I wonder how this will progress now that she is out of the facility

• Heart
  • Sad