1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else been watching this? It's a TLC show and follows the Slaton sisters (Amy and Tammy) who live in Kentucky and are both trying to lose weight via bariatic surgery.

1000-lb-Sisters-Tammy-Slaton-Amy-Slaton-5489-800x445.jpg

I'm currently halfway through series two so would be interested in hearing from anyone watching too.

Reactions: 6
Oh my god! I remember these people from years ago, they had an Internet channel. Honestly it was a train crash back then, Amy was all over the place and she had a load of trolls that she fought with.
What way do they come across in this show, I always thought they had learning difficulties.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh my god! I remember these people from years ago, they had an Internet channel. Honestly it was a train crash back then, Amy was all over the place and she had a load of trolls that she fought with.
What way do they come across in this show, I always thought they had learning difficulties.
Yeah they've got a YouTube channel they've had for years that's always attracted loads of abuse!

They've had their fair share of controversy, I remember a few years back, Tammy had pneumonia and was apparently close to death. Amy set up a Gofundme to buy a supersize coffin and loads of people donated. Obviously Tammy lived and the Gofundme page disappeared, so loads of people were furious they lost their money.

Personally I've never been fans of theirs but I find it interesting to watch their journey. Amy seems to have really matured, she's married, lost enough weight to have surgery and has recently had a baby.

I find Tammy to be really immature and she's clearly jealous of Amy and snipes at her and makes sly digs constantly. She has a boyfriend who she met on a BBW page so her family are worried he's not going to support her weight loss to have the surgery as he likes his ladies big! 😂

Reactions: 13
That's it! That's the thing I couldn't remember, the death stuff, oh my god, that was awful.
I've just watched a clip on YouTube where she met the new baby, I think I might watch this actually.
I'm sorry I can't discuss it more with you, but hopefully it bumps the thread.
Do you think Amy is just immature? I've no idea how anyone can get to that size.
Edit. Tammy not Amy

Reactions: 2
Aww, thank you. 😊 I think some of the episodes might be on YouTube if you don't have access to TLC and wanted to watch.

Tammy and Amy both went to the surgeon together and were told to lose weight before he would operate. Amy managed it and had the surgery and Tammy didn't. She lost some weight then gained about 2st in a month. 😳 I've got no idea how it's possible and I can't imagine how difficult life must be for her.

It's clear she's deeply unhappy but she lies about what she's eating and won't take responsibility to make the changes, lose the weight and get the surgery. It's obviously deeply psychological so I'm not sure if she'll ever manage it on her own without going to some sort of residential facility.

I have watched the first season and some of the newest season and I’m so pleased that Amy welcomed a healthy happy baby.
She seems to have achieved her goals of a family with her husband (who makes me laugh cos he just stands and nods most of the time 😂). She seems to mature as the programme goes along and seems to see the bigger picture in her life going forward.

Tammy really needs to get help but she’s so reluctant but then always relies on Amy to do literally everything for her. I can’t believe how much weight she’s put on and how rude she can be in tbe newest season as well!

Reactions: 7
I have watched the first season and some of the newest season and I’m so pleased that Amy welcomed a healthy happy baby.
She seems to have achieved her goals of a family with her husband (who makes me laugh cos he just stands and nods most of the time 😂). She seems to mature as the programme goes along and seems to see the bigger picture in her life going forward.

Tammy really needs to get help but she’s so reluctant but then always relies on Amy to do literally everything for her. I can’t believe how much weight she’s put on and how rude she can be in tbe newest season as well!
Me too, I'm so happy for Amy. Michael must be a good guy to put up with all of the tit. Can't believe he just keeps being left to haul Tammy up and down hills in series two. Haven't heard him complain once. Wish he'd cut his nails though! 😳😂

Tammy is SO rude, she has such a bad attitude. I know Amy can be quite goofy at times but she's only ever kind to Tammy, as are the other sister and brother.

I really hope Tammy can get into some sort of residential facility as it must be so hard for them having Tammy next door when she relies on them so much.

Reactions: 4
Is Amy's husband slow? I read somewhere that they met when he was under age and she was basically a pedophile. They both have criminal records, hers for shoplifting, his for some kind of domestic assault, I'm wondering if Amy was possibly the victim?

• Wow
Is Amy's husband slow? I read somewhere that they met when he was under age and she was basically a pedophile. They both have criminal records, hers for shoplifting, his for some kind of domestic assault, I'm wondering if Amy was possibly the victim?
I don't know for sure but I get the impression he may have some sort of learning difficulty and/or disability.

I didn't know the story about them meeting when he was underage, but I just googled their ages and she's 33 and he's 38. Could it be the other way around and she was underage?

It would definitely be interesting to know more about the charges from 2015, apparently they're assault and 4th degree (domestic violence) minor injury. From what I can see online Amy and Michael have been dating 'for years' as they apparently met in high school, so I'm not sure if the assault was against Amy or someone else.

Reactions: 3
didn't know the story about them meeting when he was underage, but I just googled their ages and she's 33 and he's 38. Could it be the other way around and she was underage?
You're probably right! ( I mean definitely right!) I'm gonna hunt and see if I can find the original article

Here's a little of it. So Michael's arrest was related to his first wife. And the allegations are that he abused Amy when they were children. But I guess it's hearsay
Errrrybody got a past", "He never do that to me", "He sorry", "It was just a one off".
You know, Amy's excuse making talent is wasted. She could be the next Johnny Cochran.

She's so delusional about this guy's past. He abused her as a child. He pummeled his WIFE (not divorced from her yet). Anyone with half a brain knows that that's never a one-off. He may have only been caught and reported once but domestic violence, especially where she lives, is sort of accepted and downplayed.

A thirteen year old diddling an eight year old is, in some cultures, like rural Appalachia, not a rare occurrence. There are cultural differences here that are alien to much of society, and when you add in the family ties between the two groups, it is not unheard of. He wasn't seventeen, he was thirteen. I am not defending it or rationalizing it, of course it is child abuse--but it is a reality and not uncommon in some lower class rural (yes, Southern) cultures.

I don't see a wily predator in Michael, he is a dullard. (Who else but a dullard would be interested in Amy?)

Last edited:
  • Wow
I've only watched bits and bobs of it but Tammy is so rude and toxic. You wonder why anyone bothers with her at all.

Reactions: 11
You're probably right! ( I mean definitely right!) I'm gonna hunt and see if I can find the original article

Here's a little of it. So Michael's arrest was related to his first wife. And the allegations are that he abused Amy when they were children. But I guess it's hearsay
Christ! 😳

I watched series 1 a while ago when Amy qualified for the bariatric surgery. I wonder when series 2 will be on

I watched series 1 a while ago when Amy qualified for the bariatric surgery. I wonder when series 2 will be on
Season two just ended here (US) rumor has it that Tammy has checked herself into a nursing rehab place to start losing weight in a controlled environment

Reactions: 1
I think there is a very strange competitiveness between them. More so than most siblings, I think.

Did anyone see the episode where they did a meet and greet a a hotel? There weren't many people there and one was a teenage boy and his mum, they asked the kid what had brought him to see them and he basically said his mum had made him go with her. Their faces were a picture 😂

I love this show. I think Amy has done pretty well for herself losing quite a bit of weight and having a healthy baby. I didn't realise her husband was such a weirdo tho, can't imagine him moving fast enough or getting riled up enough to harm someone. Tammy seems in a really bad place, I hope she succeeds but it doesn't look likely

Is season 2 on sky or another broadcaster please
Its on YouTube :) good quality too. Dont think it's all on there yet but I watched up to episode 10