1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder what’s in store for Amy’s kids. She hasn’t put in the work needed to avoid passing on all of her own trauma and eating issues. I hope they manage to avoid the same pitfalls and have better lives but it doesn’t seem likely. You’d think being pregnant would be a motivator to be more healthy and give the baby a good start in life but she just uses it as an excuse to eat whatever she wants. Really frustrating to watch someone learn nothing.

Reactions: 2
I really hate the way the family talk to each other, always trying be funny by being insulting. Amy is the worst, her confessionals are so cringe with the way she tries to be funny, it feels very rehearsed and calculated.
I wonder if it’s all written for them

I doubt writers would come up with any of that tit. It's always how they were on their YouTube channel too.

Usually with shows like this they give you a general outline of what they want to happen in a scene, so for example they’ll say they want Amy to get Tammy to agree to go to rehab, or to agree to not use delivery apps anymore, they won’t tell her what to say but they’ll give an end goal and she has to navigate the conversation. Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc all do this, that’s why the dialogue is always so wooden but also explosive in places as they’re aware they need to say certain things or reach a goal but it can still trigger a real argument. Producers like to goad as well and inbetween recording takes will say suggestive or inflammatory things to provoke drama. It’s really crappy

I was talking more about their general "banter" when driving somewhere that I find appalling, between all members of the family and their own families. You can tell that's how they always are, exchanging insults and little digs (disguised as "joking around") and never really taking anything seriously. That probably explains why Tammy is having such trouble with therapy, she'll be so used to avoiding meaningful conversations and using "banter" in its place that the idea of talking seriously about a serious issue makes her anxious.

I was talking more about their general "banter" when driving somewhere that I find appalling, between all members of the family and their own families. You can tell that's how they always are, exchanging insults and little digs (disguised as "joking around") and never really taking anything seriously. That probably explains why Tammy is having such trouble with therapy, she'll be so used to avoiding meaningful conversations and using "banter" in its place that the idea of talking seriously about a serious issue makes her anxious.
Everyone calling everyone “witch” gets tiring too

I’m so happy for Tammy, finally getting approved for surgery!

I do feel really bad for Amy, she looks like she has been really struggling with her emotions recently and Michael has not been helpful at all. Thank god for Amanda!

Amanda and Chris are such lovely siblings.

Reactions: 7
Amy has filed for divorce apparently. Though it did say she said he was lazy. It seemed as though he did a lot for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Amy has filed for divorce apparently. Though it did say she said he was lazy. It seemed as though he did a lot for her.
Yes, it always seemed like he was doing everything for the family, he doesn't talk much but you always see him doing jobs in the background, driving people places, moving things, presumably working full time to support her and their kids and pay the mortgage.

Reactions: 10
Yes, it always seemed like he was doing everything for the family, he doesn't talk much but you always see him doing jobs in the background, driving people places, moving things, presumably working full time to support her and their kids and pay the mortgage.
And the article says she and the 2 kids moved in with Tammy. I wonder if and when Tammy will have her husband living with her?

Maybe she was only with him for his precious seed :whistle: Now she's got that she has no further use for him.

I guess you never know what goes on behind the scenes and what he does just for the camera, but I always got the feeling he does a lot for everyone in the family. He always reminded me of my brother in law - the kind of person who never says no and works hard to keep everything running, doing little jobs here and there, always offering their time for people and getting taken for granted.

Neither of the sisters are in any position to call anyone lazy anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
OMG!!! Where did you hear that?!?!
Wow, I am surprised
It popped up yesterday but I can’t remember which website. If you Google ‘Amy Slaton’ there’s tons of articles.

The one I read also discussed how they’re unhappy with their contract for the show. It mentioned $2-3000 dollars per episode for Tammy, more for Amy and the other family get paid a bit too. Seems like they’re getting all the family involved to get them money.

It feels like the producers got the rest involved because there's not enough with Amy or Tammy to fill a whole season. Tammy sat on her arse in a hospital can't fill 10-12 episodes, neither can Amy getting pizza or Chinese food stuck in her gullet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spin-off with Chris and/or the two other sisters at some point.

It feels like the producers got the rest involved because there's not enough with Amy or Tammy to fill a whole season. Tammy sat on her arse in a hospital can't fill 10-12 episodes, neither can Amy getting pizza or Chinese food stuck in her gullet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spin-off with Chris and/or the two other sisters at some point.
I think I like Chris the best of all of them now. And Amanda is coming up fast for me too. I had never seen the first seasons and so started them from square one. T and A used to wear makeup and make an effort in the first seasons. And Tammy seemed less mean. Somehow this is my guilty pleasure now. Last night T had her surgery and is now recovering. The amount of skin she will have if she really loses the weight is going to be epic. Like-many feet of extra skin!!!

She could get it made into a big blanket to replace the stolen grandma's one :whistle:

I do wonder what’s in store for Amy’s kids. She hasn’t put in the work needed to avoid passing on all of her own trauma and eating issues. I hope they manage to avoid the same pitfalls and have better lives but it doesn’t seem likely. You’d think being pregnant would be a motivator to be more healthy and give the baby a good start in life but she just uses it as an excuse to eat whatever she wants. Really frustrating to watch someone learn nothing.
Of course they are going to end up obese - probably morbidly obese like the whole extended family.
I watched one of the episodes recently on youtube and I was horrified that they showed Chris horse riding, with him saying that he could now go horse riding whenever he wanted to. He does seem like the loveliest of guys, but that's still putting a massive weight on a horse's back - it's animal abuse.

Just been catching up on the new season. I am genuinely really pleased for Tammy that she got her surgery, I definitely doubted that she would ever be able to but hopefully this is the start of a more positive future for her.
When it showed clips of Tammy when she was a little girl and was morbidly obese it makes you think what kind of upbringing they all had, clearly weren’t looked after at all by their parents for them all to have big issues with their weight from such a young age!

I also have seen articles that Amy and Michael have split!

Just been catching up on the new season. I am genuinely really pleased for Tammy that she got her surgery, I definitely doubted that she would ever be able to but hopefully this is the start of a more positive future for her.
When it showed clips of Tammy when she was a little girl and was morbidly obese it makes you think what kind of upbringing they all had, clearly weren’t looked after at all by their parents for them all to have big issues with their weight from such a young age!

I also have seen articles that Amy and Michael have split!
I would say an upbringing of abuse and neglect - including sexual abuse.