Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Has anyone else been watching this? It's a TLC show and follows the Slaton sisters (Amy and Tammy) who live in Kentucky and are both trying to lose weight via bariatic surgery.

View attachment 476380

I'm currently halfway through series two so would be interested in hearing from anyone watching too.
They’ve come a long way. With how stubborn Tammy was I never thought I’d see her get the surgery.
IMG_7642.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10

ohannie

VIP Member
Amy has filed for divorce apparently. Though it did say she said he was lazy. It seemed as though he did a lot for her.
Yes, it always seemed like he was doing everything for the family, he doesn't talk much but you always see him doing jobs in the background, driving people places, moving things, presumably working full time to support her and their kids and pay the mortgage.

Reactions: 10

Meg78

VIP Member
Discovery+ has been added to Roku so I’ve been binging the whole series, Amy is adorable, she’s uncouth but very sweet, I’ve been rooting for her as well as Chris with his cheeky boy smile when he’s ribbing his siblings. I really like all the family….. except Tammy. I WANT to like her, I want to root for her and cheer her on, but she’s so vile to everyone around her it’s really hard to see anything worth saving.

I’ve noticed that Tammy always has to have her “thing”, her USP, something that makes her special compared to others, it’s almost like when toddlers lash out because they want your attention, they don’t care if it’s good or bad they just want to be noticed, and I really get the vibe that Tammy craves that recognition and approval too.

Reactions: 9

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I am divided on how creepy I find Tammys new husband. He went to the rehab centre specifically to meet her. And she fell right into it.
I wonder how this will progress now that she is out of the facility

• Heart
  • Sad

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Tricky episode again, seeing Caleb not doing well and knowing how that ends.
tammy goes to see an OB dr and says she could possibly be pregnant, but then says she doesn’t have a period and isn’t sexually active AND has an IUD from 13 years ago. The dr didn’t even do a test to check. She isn’t in any danger of pregnancy.
The highlight of the episode is the chickens 🐓
And Amy snarking at Tammys new “cravings”-wait until you hear this lol
It was good overall ⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Bitch, you ain't pregnant, you thirsty!"

ahahahahaha

Yeah, I enjoyed this one too :LOL:

• Haha

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
I love Amy and the brother Michael they are both trying to help Tammy but she is so ungrateful and its her way or no way. I cant stand her bitchy attitude then moans she cant lose weight.

Ensay

VIP Member
Strange how Tammy and Amy have had a role reversal. Tammy always used to be the melodramatic one while Amy had it all together. But now Tammy is fairly zen/chilled while Amy brings the drama and upset.

I feel for Amy. It's got to be tough, but her family (mostly Chris) seem to think they should just tell her to pull herself together.

Reactions: 8

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
It's sad about Caleb, but something that really gets me about this family is that Amy, Chris, and Amanda go on at Tammy about what she should be doing (or not doing) and love saying stuff along the lines of 'you know what you gotta do', but none of them are in a remotely healthy weight range themselves. They should be proud of themselves for any weight that they have managed to lose of course, but they are in no position at all to go all hollier than thou at Tammy - they are still all very morbidly obese along with the health issues and risks associated with that.
They get that from their bitch of a mother! She is quick to judge all of them, but she is fat herself and has to have a walker and a special chair to manage herself! She is mean and spiteful. She didn’t even go to either of Amy’s weddings!

• Heart

scopeyscope

VIP Member
So apparently Miss “I can’t walk up one step that’s 3 inches off the ground” has no problem standing up and dancing or walking out to the van if she’s going to go get some booze. OK that was the most staged fake party ever how much you wanna bet those people were paid to show up.
I am so over her and her shit

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Watching the wedding episode on youtube. The whole discussion about whether Tammy's pregnant or not just reinforces how much of the show is scripted BS for viewing. There is no way in hell that Tammy and the boyfriend could physically have sex to get her pregnant.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I look at their mum and think she needs a good wash! No wonder why the kids turned out so big, she was neglectful of her children! All things considering they have turned out well, and she should be ashamed. When I saw their mum didn’t attend Amy or Tammys weddings my heart broke for them. It’s an important moment any child wants to share with their mum!

I’m glad the siblings have each other and are close to one another.
She is the worst. Sits and judges everyone when she is toothless and obese herself, and can’t walk without her walker. She needs some humility.

ohannie

VIP Member
It's always on Discovery+ here at the same time.

I thought they weren't going to bother with another one, but I guess they'll keep going until the inevitable happens.

HenriiCoop

Chatty Member
The excess skin is crazy. Fair play to her, she really has lost an incredible amount of weight.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Oh my god! I remember these people from years ago, they had an Internet channel. Honestly it was a train crash back then, Amy was all over the place and she had a load of trolls that she fought with.
What way do they come across in this show, I always thought they had learning difficulties.

• Haha

Meg78

VIP Member
Ngl everytime I see this thread updated I expect/dread seeing that Tammy has died

• Haha

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
I’ve just seen the clip of where Tammy finds out about Caleb’s death, she found out via txt message by one of his friends it’s so sad and bad how the staff didn’t ring to tell her. A txt message of all things

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
I think Amy didnt really believe she and M would divorce. I think she was just trying to make him pay attention. All of a sudden, she is screwed with 2 little kids she doesnt seem to be able to take care of-even though she has no job or other commitments. When she said she doesnt eat for days I started laughing and shouted LIAR at the tv. Gimme a break!!
Also, that fight was 100% Amys fault and doing.

Reactions: 7