1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah they said that endured abuse and they said their Nan did a lot of the bringing up which is why they are so upset about the blanket.

The mum doesn’t seem like much use to be honest. Lovely to see how caring the siblings are. I know some don’t like their banter but me and my siblings and friends have that kind of banter so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree. I think they’re all genuinely good people and it’s good they all have a strong bond. I like that we’ve seen more of Amanda this season, I think she’s a great support for Tammy, almost like a mother figure.

Reactions: 7
Yeah they said that endured abuse and they said their Nan did a lot of the bringing up which is why they are so upset about the blanket.

The mum doesn’t seem like much use to be honest. Lovely to see how caring the siblings are. I know some don’t like their banter but me and my siblings and friends have that kind of banter so 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think that the siblings are a united because of their trauma - how they have ended up is a trauma response.

Just been catching up on the new season. I am genuinely really pleased for Tammy that she got her surgery, I definitely doubted that she would ever be able to but hopefully this is the start of a more positive future for her.
When it showed clips of Tammy when she was a little girl and was morbidly obese it makes you think what kind of upbringing they all had, clearly weren’t looked after at all by their parents for them all to have big issues with their weight from such a young age!

I also have seen articles that Amy and Michael have split!
It said that Amy and the 2 kinds moved in with Tammy. I know they were talking about her renting Amanda’s old place and living there after rehab. I wonder what the plan is now?

I also agree that some sort of trauma or an involved with the whole family. The mom is obese and every single child she had is too.
Tammy being the most extreme obviously. I didn’t know they have all had the surgery!

Reactions: 1
Their mom is a piece of tit but I think most of the reason why is just conditioning, their mom taught them to only drink soda, especially diet soda as it would cancel out the calories in the food 🤦🏻‍♀️
---
If all you’ve been taught as a kid is to eat addictive junk and wash it down with addictive liquids it’s no wonder they all spiralled

Reactions: 4
How do the family even make money? I assume Chris probably works and probably the two older sisters, but unless they're only filming at weekends they seem to have a lot of time off (and I know in the US getting paid time off is almost non-existent). Amy and Tammy obviously don't know. Who is paying for all their medical bills too and Tammy's months in rehab? Surely TLC isn't since the show's budget wouldn't be that big.

Reactions: 2
They obviously all get paid per show but all different rates but yep, the older siblings work and Michael works, or he did.

I do feel for Tammy having to stay in the rehab longer. I’ve had a long stay in a hospital and it was so hard, but of course the risk was too high to go home with a trach still in.

But looks like staying was then how she met her husband.

Reactions: 3
I am divided on how creepy I find Tammys new husband. He went to the rehab centre specifically to meet her. And she fell right into it.
I wonder how this will progress now that she is out of the facility

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I am divided on how creepy I find Tammys new husband. He went to the rehab centre specifically to meet her. And she fell right into it.
I wonder how this will progress now that she is out of the facility
I've just watched that episode, he is creepy. And why do they need to get married so quickly?!! Also Tammy is just so selfish, throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Expecting her family to drop everything to look after her. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone with a tracheotomy.

Reactions: 4
I've just watched that episode, he is creepy. And why do they need to get married so quickly?!! Also Tammy is just so selfish, throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Expecting her family to drop everything to look after her. I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone with a tracheotomy.
No-she expects them to take care of her and deal with her nonsense all the time. I couldn’t do it.
the marriage thing is weird-she isn’t even at the rehab center anymore. And he is.
what was the point of all of that?

I just read an article that says Amy and Michael can’t agree on their kids being in the show. He doesn’t want them to be at all. I am sure I read that the kids have to be paid for appearing. I wonder if that’s part of why Amy wants them to be shown.

I just read an article that says Amy and Michael can’t agree on their kids being in the show. He doesn’t want them to be at all. I am sure I read that the kids have to be paid for appearing. I wonder if that’s part of why Amy wants them to be shown.
I actually have a lot of respect for him if the article is correct.

Reactions: 5
No-she expects them to take care of her and deal with her nonsense all the time. I couldn’t do it.
the marriage thing is weird-she isn’t even at the rehab center anymore. And he is.
what was the point of all of that?
Having worked with people with various levels of learning difficulties in the past this approach to relationships seemed very common with them. Falling in love extremely quickly, planning a future together and getting engaged, then everything being over as fast as it started. This feels exactly like that, I'm not suggesting either have learning difficulties but there seems to be some developmental problems in the two of them.

I am new to this thread, but I was wondering if he is chasing a TLC paycheck, that is what it strikes me as. Either he wants to be part of the show so he can have his own paycheck or he is after hers. I’m also wondering if this is a fake marriage fabricated by TLC just because they need some kind of drama going on

Well. The rest of the family isnt amused at all. And last mights episode was HILARIOUS. Omg they killed it. Someone said next week is the finale already. I hate that it’s going to end. I think it should be in every week year round lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ok. So I was just rewatching the episode where Chris is doing gardening with Amy.
I missed this the first time around-her grandfather died before she was born. He drank antifreeze-HER UNCLE FED IT TO HIM. And there is a book about it called “Murder in the Heartlands”
YOU WHAT?!?!
👀 👀 👀
---
Ok. So I was just rewatching the episode where Chris is doing gardening with Amy.
I missed this the first time around-her grandfather died before she was born. He drank antifreeze-HER UNCLE FED IT TO HIM. And there is a book about it called “Murder in the Heartlands”
YOU WHAT?!?!
👀 👀 👀

Last edited:
  • Wow
The new latest:
Michael did file for the divorce. So they won’t be married next time we see them. I hope it’s being filmed (as ghoulish as that sounds) so we see what actually went down.

I watched the season finale and I was annoyed with Amy for making the wedding toast about HER and Tammy. It was really bizarre and she was laying on the floor and crying and being crazy. I am guessing her marriage was breaking up at that point because Michael wasn’t there with the family. And he is always everywhere with them.

I’m so confused because it was advertised as a new series on TLC but appears to be season3 which I saw last year on Discovery….. so can I ask where I can find season 4 please?

Reactions: 1