1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They get that from their witch of a mother! She is quick to judge all of them, but she is fat herself and has to have a walker and a special chair to manage herself! She is mean and spiteful. She didn’t even go to either of Amy’s weddings!
There's obviously huge issues within that family - at a guess I would say some serious abuse including sexual abuse, is at the centre of all of their weight issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
There's obviously huge issues within that family - at a guess I would say some serious abuse including sexual abuse, is at the centre of all of their weight issues.
I think so too. They are all so damaged in so many ways. That’s why the Dr was so intent on Tammy talking to the therapist. I think they have some idea of what is really wrong with her.

Reactions: 4
I think so too. They are all so damaged in so many ways. That’s why the Dr was so intent on Tammy talking to the therapist. I think they have some idea of what is really wrong with her.
Getting to that weight is a response to trauma.

I look at their mum and think she needs a good wash! No wonder why the kids turned out so big, she was neglectful of her children! All things considering they have turned out well, and she should be ashamed. When I saw their mum didn’t attend Amy or Tammys weddings my heart broke for them. It’s an important moment any child wants to share with their mum!

I’m glad the siblings have each other and are close to one another.

Reactions: 11
That mother is a cold woman.

I do love the siblings, they're dysfunctional but they really do seem to love each other and want the best for each other.

Reactions: 11
I look at their mum and think she needs a good wash! No wonder why the kids turned out so big, she was neglectful of her children! All things considering they have turned out well, and she should be ashamed. When I saw their mum didn’t attend Amy or Tammys weddings my heart broke for them. It’s an important moment any child wants to share with their mum!

I’m glad the siblings have each other and are close to one another.
She is the worst. Sits and judges everyone when she is toothless and obese herself, and can’t walk without her walker. She needs some humility.

Reactions: 8
My better half and I watch this on TV (Sky/Really Channel maybe?) so aren't up-to-date on all the drama but man, that family have their issues.
They do seem to love each other though, which comes across and makes a big difference to some other reality shows.

I'm still laughing at Amy and her Little Bit blanket, pillow, framed picture, etc ;P

My better half and I watch this on TV (Sky/Really Channel maybe?) so aren't up-to-date on all the drama but man, that family have their issues.
They do seem to love each other though, which comes across and makes a big difference to some other reality shows.

I'm still laughing at Amy and her Little Bit blanket, pillow, framed picture, etc ;P
apparently Amy and Amanda got into an actual FIGHT

1000-Lb. Sisters' Tammy Slaton Physical Fight, Filming Stopped (intouchweekly.com)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
They get that from their witch of a mother! She is quick to judge all of them, but she is fat herself and has to have a walker and a special chair to manage herself! She is mean and spiteful. She didn’t even go to either of Amy’s weddings!
As the show goes on you can see their mother trying so hard to be nice to them in front of the cameras, it does not come easy for the old witch. She's a horrible mother and very lucky her children want her around.

Reactions: 7
As the show goes on you can see their mother trying so hard to be nice to them in front of the cameras, it does not come easy for the old witch. She's a horrible mother and very lucky her children want her around.
yeah, when the girls were saying that their mom didnt have time for them and they werent hugged or cuddled, my heart broke for them. thats why tammy is always looking for love. she never has had it!!

Reactions: 1
Ngl everytime I see this thread updated I expect/dread seeing that Tammy has died

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I try to avoid spoilers because I'm watching via whatever Sky channel it is on, but I do know what happens once Tammy and... erm... blokey... are engaged.

Their whole family dynamic is odd, particularly Amy and Tammy.
They don't seem to know how to act around one another socially; there are lots of silences and vague grunts instead of responses.
It fascinates me.

Also, I think they are both messed up due to their mother's parenting.
I don't know anything about their father.

Reactions: 5
I think that danger has ended now. she seems to be solidly on the path to better health
The damage she's done to herself will be permanent. She's obviously reduced the risk of dying young, but her life expectancy is still very low.

Ngl everytime I see this thread updated I expect/dread seeing that Tammy has died
My first thought just now seeing it at the top of my watch list. Happy it's new posts about the next series!
Not good seeing Amy not coping well, I do wonder how much the production team throw in to the script especially regarding Amanda 🤔

Reactions: 3