1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Amy. She cried through the whole episode. They said Michael doesn’t work anymore and he is always around. Amanda thinks it’s overall depression and not post partum.
Edited to add:
Man, does their mom look like absolute tit.
she has not improved any as a person either.

Reactions: 4
I always wonder how real these arguments are when there's a camera crew around, but poor Amy looked genuinely distressed. Getting away from that gormless fool husband will do her good. At this point, he's just a millstone around her neck.

When she started saying some of the crap he is pulling on her, I was surprised.
He has all the bank cards-she can’t have them unless she asks.
She has to have at least one of the kids with her if she goes anywhere-he can’t have both left with him.
A bunch of crap like that -he is being super controlling and crazy. Seeing him try to speak and explain was bizarre. It’s like he is a different person now than he was before.

Reactions: 6
Well, that was a wild episode! I thought Amy seemed genuinely distressed too. I noticed when Michael and Amanda were head to head that Amy's hand was shaking, and I don't think that's something you can easily fake.

From what Amy said in E2, Michael comes across as a controlling bastard.
I was actually gobsmacked when Amy ASKED HIM if she could go to Tammy's if she took both kids! 😫

I was really glad to see Amanda stand up to him. She can be a hard faced cow at times, but she's definitely someone I'd want on my team. Really looking forward to the next ep!

ETA the shopping trip with Chris and Tammy was great. I actually cheered when she got into the front seat and closed the door! How amazing must that have felt as she's not been able to sit in the front of a car since she was 16!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I feel like Michael is on something, he just looks completely vacant in the last couple of seasons! The first season he was jolly and likeable. I do feel sorry for Amy you can tell she’s at her wits end.

Reactions: 5
Another great episode, I loved Amy and Tammy scenes together they really have great funny vibes, you can see the old Amy shining through again.

I love Chris, he seems like such a nice genuine brother.

Tammy has grown so much as a person, she definitely would have thrown a hissy fit before over Amy’s breakdown.

Amanda is a fantastic sister, everyone needs someone like her in their lives she takes no tit and tells it how it is.

My heart breaks for Amy, I wish I could jump through the phone and give her a hug. I hope she’s doing better now.

No words for Michael, controlling a-hole. I’m glad Amy had her sisters to back her up and support her. Poor Tammy’s reaction makes me wonder what they’ve been through before, she was shaking and straight onto the police in case it escalated.

Their mother seems like a bitter old fart. I dread to think of the upbringing they must of had, I wonder will they ever go into it in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Another great episode, I loved Amy and Tammy scenes together they really have great funny vibes, you can see the old Amy shining through again.

I love Chris, he seems like such a nice genuine brother.

Tammy has grown so much as a person, she definitely would have thrown a hissy fit before over Amy’s breakdown.

Amanda is a fantastic sister, everyone needs someone like her in their lives she takes no tit and tells it how it is.

My heart breaks for Amy, I wish I could jump through the phone and give her a hug. I hope she’s doing better now.

No words for Michael, controlling a-hole. I’m glad Amy had her sisters to back her up and support her. Poor Tammy’s reaction makes me wonder what they’ve been through before, she was shaking and straight onto the police in case it escalated.

Their mother seems like a bitter old fart. I dread to think of the upbringing they must of had, I wonder will they ever go into it in the future.
When they have talked about the mother, it has never been good. She never was supportive or loving and was always working to support the family. Then, she didn’t bother to go to any of the weddings of the kids. All sorts of excuses. I really detest her. She is a large part of the problems with the kids.

Last night was a lot. Amy cried just about all through the episode. There was a lot of Caleb in there too. It was hard knowing he died and Amy gets the divorce. Michael comes across like a bully and a control freak and it’s BAD.

Anyone know when the new series will be shown in the UK?
I subscribed to Discovery+ prematurely… I’m nearly sure we were only a week behind last season.. I could be wrong though but I don’t remember waiting long. I’ve been watching on YouTube..someone posted a link in this thread

Reactions: 2
It’s absurd for shows to not be released in the UK at the same time as they air in America in this day and age. Loads of us here subscribe to Discovery+ and would be watching it on there but we have to watch it on YouTube because otherwise we’ll read every spoiler ahead of its release. Ridiculous.

It’s so strange and sad watching it knowing Caleb died. Terrible.

Reactions: 11
Has anyone seen the latest episode, S5E04: The Grapes of Wrath? 🍇😡

I struggled to find an online source to watch this ep; not sure if TLC are nixing all the links!

Really pleased Amanda and Misty got their surgery and it went well. I was gobsmacked by the size of Misty's meal at the last supper! 😱 I loved seeing Chris in his Sunday best with his cowboy hat. 🤠 He looks great!

The sushi scene was difficult to watch. Gage doesn't seem to sit still; he is constantly running or writhing to get down. I can see why Amy's exhausted! It must be tiring Tammy out too. Glenn is cute as a button. 🥰

I thought the rage room idea was really thoughtful, and just what Amy needed. It's clear to see Tammy really cares about Amy and is able to look after her now she has more independence.

In the next episode preview I thought Caleb looked really poorly. It was difficult to see their reunion knowing it may be their last time seeing each other. I hope Tammy has been able to manage and his death hasn't caused her to spiral.

I don't think that Amy's weight helps her run round after the kids. They seem like pretty normal kids, and when mine were that age, we had stair gates everywhere, raised anything dangerous out of reach and just had moments where you let them get on with it for the sake of your sanity. I'm not sure that she's that clued up on safety....

so here is some tea for you. Amy and Tammy arent living together anymore, Tammy is staying at Chris' house and she is either getting another place on her own or being made a ward of the state. Chris is over her, and amanda wont have her in the house she has anymore!!!

• Wow
I saw a Cameo someone posted to r/1000lbsisters on Reddit and people there are alleging that Amy has a pipe burn on her lip and meth sores on her face. 😳

Apparently she had a homeless boyfriend who dumped her on NYE for a homeless woman!
I do wish she'd just focus on getting herself and her kids some stability before dating/getting puppies. 🙄

Reactions: 1
A family member has had a gastric band and has got awful skin/hair/nails - it's like a form of malnutrition because most people who have them didn't eat fruit/veg in the first place let alone post surgery and are very vitamin/mineral deprived as a result. I can't imagine that any of them eat remotely healthily even with their intake restricted.....

But she does look a sight. I hope she doesn't spiral....

I suppose nothing should really surprise us about them. But I think we all want them to end up in a good spot and not as addicts or disasters. Those 2 kids Amy had are going to have a very rough life. I don’t understand people with nothing to offer to kids, having them. The genetic pool was shallow and add the economic stress to the equation and you have a disaster.

I suppose nothing should really surprise us about them. But I think we all want them to end up in a good spot and not as addicts or disasters. Those 2 kids Amy had are going to have a very rough life. I don’t understand people with nothing to offer to kids, having them. The genetic pool was shallow and add the economic stress to the equation and you have a disaster.
I feel so sorry for Amy's children

Has anyone seen the latest episode, S5E04: The Grapes of Wrath? 🍇😡

I struggled to find an online source to watch this ep; not sure if TLC are nixing all the links!

Really pleased Amanda and Misty got their surgery and it went well. I was gobsmacked by the size of Misty's meal at the last supper! 😱 I loved seeing Chris in his Sunday best with his cowboy hat. 🤠 He looks great!

The sushi scene was difficult to watch. Gage doesn't seem to sit still; he is constantly running or writhing to get down. I can see why Amy's exhausted! It must be tiring Tammy out too. Glenn is cute as a button. 🥰

I thought the rage room idea was really thoughtful, and just what Amy needed. It's clear to see Tammy really cares about Amy and is able to look after her now she has more independence.

In the next episode preview I thought Caleb looked really poorly. It was difficult to see their reunion knowing it may be their last time seeing each other. I hope Tammy has been able to manage and his death hasn't caused her to spiral.
I’ve been watching it on this site after seeing it suggested earlier in this thread