Zoella #6 It's just couch to 5k and some fake PDA

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for such a lovely and thoughtful response!

I think you make some excellent points.

Mental health... Its tricky, but I guess Zoes instagram post has sparked some great discussion here. So, dare I say it, something good might have come from something Couch Queen posted?

Reactions: 3
I should be thanking you as i found everything you said so relatable to me far more so than anything I've heard off Zoe.
Very brave of you to share your personal experiences, stay strong

Reactions: 5
That dog is so freaking ugly.

Nala actually makes me cringe when I see her.

Reactions: 14
I find it amazing how someone can have severe anxiety to the point of not going out alone. Yet when she is with another person she can act so loud, obnoxious and attention seeking in public, without a care in the world.

Reactions: 16
I find it amazing how someone can have severe anxiety to the point of not going out alone. Yet when she is with another person she can act so loud, obnoxious and attention seeking in public, without a care in the world.
I dunno, I have very severe anxiety from a bad childhood, but when I am with my best friend I feel very safe and can be loud and annoying ha. Anxiety disorders are like that. You can still be anxious but have moments where you feel safe and your personality can come out more

I don’t doubt that she has anxiety, I think she seriously needs proper help instead of everyone giving in to it though. I do however feel that in some situations she uses it for her “content” ie the setting up the camera to film it the other day

Reactions: 16
I don’t mean in general, I mean in public. She seems so confident and careless when she is with someone else, and she will do things that will get attention from the public (singing loud, dancing, filming each other, acting stupid) yet she can’t go out in public on her own. Very weird.

Reactions: 4
Yes I mean in public too. It can be like that, if you’re with someone you feel safe with. That’s pretty normal with anxiety sufferers, when with friends can muck about out and about sometimes, then other times not. And when alone couldn’t dream of doing any of it. Anxiety is a weird one unfortunately. I’m not a Zoe fan at all and like I said, I feel sometimes she uses her issues as content, however it’s not uncommon for people even with severe anxiety to be able to be silly and loud out and about if they’re with someone they feel safe with and that they can feed off their confident personalities

Reactions: 11
I understand that, however it seems strange to me how extreme the difference is.

Reactions: 3
I understand that, however it seems strange to me how extreme the difference is.
I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks when I'm on my own and I have a trigger its horrific I can't walk down the road, if I have a friend or my husband with me I could do it in my underwear and not care. Having someone that makes you feel safe can completely change you as a person.

Reactions: 13
I totally agree with this, but what I don't understand is why zoe would then put herself in a place to be judged by millions of anonymous people online and into a career in which she publicises her whole life?

Reactions: 8
I totally agree with this, but what I don't understand is why zoe would then put herself in a place to be judged by millions of anonymous people online and into a career in which she publicises her whole life?
I am going to guess that in 2008 or whenever she started, she didn't have any idea how big it would grow. Social media, blogging, youtube were all very different then. There was no such thing as an "influencer." That being said, she could have backed away from it but hasn't.

Reactions: 13
I agree with the posters who’ve previously said about Zoe’s therapist and that she should change.. esp if it’s been going on for so long and there’s not been much change.

Also it strikes me as quite weird that half her problem is going out her house/crowded places/etc but she sees a Skype counsellor? Like actually going OUT and seeing someone would surely be much better for her..

Reactions: 6
I know I wouldn't - anxiety or not, being so visible to so many people is my idea of a nightmare!

She's an odd girl, like I said she's my age but she is nothing like me or any of my peers or even anyone I know (ages 21 - 40 in my various social circles). Just who is her audience?!

Reactions: 9
Begging for likes cos Alfie has more on their fake, staged, romantic, futureself ad photo. So gross! Especially when Instagram is trialling the likes not being visible thing?!

Unfortunately that's what happens to these influencers who have led a sheltered life, they just can't cope with reality

Reactions: 6
Begging for likes cos Alfie has more on their fake, staged, romantic, futureself ad photo. So gross! Especially when Instagram is trialling the likes not being visible thing?!
It isn't a trial. We haven't had likes in Canada now for months. It is permanent!

u really think they will have kids they literally cant admit to masturbating without going red and having a laughing fit i dont imagine much goes on around there

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.