Zoella #6 It's just couch to 5k and some fake PDA

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Begging for likes cos Alfie has more on their fake, staged, romantic, futureself ad photo. So gross! Especially when Instagram is trialling the likes not being visible thing?!
I can’t wait for this to happen! It’s sad that getting likes seems so important to some!

Reactions: 12
I agree with the posters who’ve previously said about Zoe’s therapist and that she should change.. esp if it’s been going on for so long and there’s not been much change.

Also it strikes me as quite weird that half her problem is going out her house/crowded places/etc but she sees a Skype counsellor? Like actually going OUT and seeing someone would surely be much better for her..
I was thinking the same thing, a lot of CBT is exposure therapy, and putting yourself in to them uncomfortable situations and telling your brain that 'Hey, look it really isn't that bad, you can do this!'. I personally find actually going and attending a CBT session to be really helpful, to sit face to face with a stranger and try to pick and unravel how your brain works is quite uncomfortable feeling in itself but feels so helpful after! But hey, if she finds it not working working for herself. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I know I wouldn't - anxiety or not, being so visible to so many people is my idea of a nightmare!

She's an odd girl, like I said she's my age but she is nothing like me or any of my peers or even anyone I know (ages 21 - 40 in my various social circles). Just who is her audience?!
i assume it must just be people.who are MUCH younger ( i am talking like 11/12) with no real idea about adult life?

Reactions: 2
i assume it must just be people.who are MUCH younger ( i am talking like 11/12) with no real idea about adult life?
My cousins used to watch her and they’re 14 and 15 and they even say now she’s very childish but that’s there’s a few parts of their life that they’re jealous of like living with her boyfriend or the fact that she has cars (how many cars does she have now anyway???? And what is the British YouTuber obsession with minis??? Are they even that good a car???) or they like the dog etc and they were the reasons they watched bc she was “goals”

But now they say she seems fake and childish and they’re still very very young... it’s odd imo anyway

Reactions: 7
WTF is this awful filter she keeps using. Green saturation right down, orange saturation right up. Mark looks like an oompa lumpa on her stories

Reactions: 10
I was thinking the same thing, a lot of CBT is exposure therapy, and putting yourself in to them uncomfortable situations and telling your brain that 'Hey, look it really isn't that bad, you can do this!'. I personally find actually going and attending a CBT session to be really helpful, to sit face to face with a stranger and try to pick and unravel how your brain works is quite uncomfortable feeling in itself but feels so helpful after! But hey, if she finds it not working working for herself. 🤷‍♀️
When ever anxiety is brought up CBT is usually the first port of call and I know from a medical point of view that this is usually the recommended route.Obviously it’s not going to be for everyone and there are other options available but I’ve heard nothing but good things from people who have benefited personally from it. So it just seems so bizarre to me that Zoe hasn’t explored this avenue given all the medial backing it has and instead talks to some woman via a laptop.

Reactions: 5
CBT is recommended as a first line treatment because its cheap and can be a brief intervention. However, it does absolutely nothing to help people understand the root of their anxiety and work through some of the issues that the anxiety is a response from - CBT is one treatment, I hated it, it didn't help me and it actually made me worse. Private trauma informed therapy was expensive, but very worthwhile. Off topic, but it annoys me people are quick to suggest CBT like its a miracle cure - it's not.

Reactions: 17
CBT is recommended as a first line treatment because its cheap and can be a brief intervention. However, it does absolutely nothing to help people understand the root of their anxiety and work through some of the issues that the anxiety is a response from - CBT is one treatment, I hated it, it didn't help me and it actually made me worse. Private trauma informed therapy was expensive, but very worthwhile. Off topic, but it annoys me people are quick to suggest CBT like its a miracle cure - it's not.
You're completely right, and it's good to give things a go and to see what works best, as everybody's experiences are different. I think it's more the point of trying an option for years and years and still being in the same boat. Personally, CBT has done great things for me, and actually has got down to the root of my problems, but then I guess it depends on peoples reasons for going and what kind of CBT therapist you get too, I've heard of some right horrors! Glad you found something that worked for you! :)

Reactions: 3
What I don't understand is she went on about this whole "instagram being too staged and not real" brigade, then goes on to stage her photos even more than before! Even to the point of taking "content trips" to get images for instagram.

Reactions: 31
What I don't understand is she went on about this whole "instagram being too staged and not real" brigade, then goes on to stage her photos even more than before! Even to the point of taking "content trips" to get images for instagram.
I feel like she has imposter syndrome.

Reactions: 15
They make themselves look stupid

she’s said about having this before!
Except imposter syndrome is people who usually did earn what they have but don’t feel worthy and that others are more fitting to have what they have - at least half the people I’ve met in grad school (and myself) have vocalized this. We all feel someone smarter, more creative, etc. deserves to be there more than us. We all joke about the day someone comes into our office/lab and they tell us to leave. The more competitive something is for us the worse it gets too, like if you get a big grant or scholarship as excited as you get, you also question why they gave it to you over other people who you believe deserved it more. Definitely sucks, but at least we all reassure one another that we’re just in our heads too much.

With Zoe it isn’t imposter syndrome because she is an imposter. It’s not like she’s particularly talented or charismatic. She lucked out and made a bunch of money and got a large following. Things have majorly died off because of this (and her steep decrease in content because she doesn’t need to make anything now that she’s rich). She didn’t earn and work hard for everything she has like others in similar positions to her, that’s what makes her the imposter. If she actually worked for what she had (even with the luck) I could understand the imposter syndrome - but she’s so unbelievably lazy and doesn’t seem to have any care for any of the people who put her in the position she is today (financially and in terms of following).

Reactions: 20
Yeah I think that's such an interesting point. Because even coming at it from a charitable and caring point of view, that reality must be really difficult to deal with for Zoe - feeling like an imposter but not even being able to tell yourself no no I worked for this, no no I got the scholarship because I work hard. It literally must just be like "I feel like an imposter.... because I am." Like where do you even go from there? If she wasn't such a tit person she'd be able to sit down and actually figure out how she could do good with her money and let it benefit a lot of disadvantaged people, but alas.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.