Zoella #6 It's just couch to 5k and some fake PDA

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally. Tanya is thinner and more messed up than her and she hates the attention being away from her for a second. Zoe always has to be the ickle frail sensitive girly one in that relationship. She must've really hated recent comments about them 'omg Tan is skinnier than Zoe'.

Yes do you remember at Sean's birthday she thought it hilarious to give him a t shirt with ET on - she and Alfie giggling away as they wrapped it up as 'ah ha ha Sean has a phobia of ET'. Rib tickling. He was clearly freaked out too. Only her mental health matters.
She claims to also be a sufferer of emetophobia, which I have been for most all my life, and it's absolutely horrid. SO, how would she feel if people pretended to be sick in front of her or started making noises associated with it?

I remember she was with the Saccone Joly's and one of their kids got sick in a restaurant and Zoe ran out like a bat out of hell.. just IMAGINE someone imitating it and then laughing knowing how afraid she is. She's not right.

^^ @booish completely agree, she got a skype therapist just to act like she's taking control of her life etc but it's just enough so she can claim that but that she doesn't have to do any of the work. Therapy and self help is truly hard work and you have to really be persistent and ready to push yourself into new behaviours to change, and she certainly doesn't want that by the way it looks.

Reactions: 5
She claims to also be a sufferer of emetophobia, which I have been for most all my life, and it's absolutely horrid. SO, how would she feel if people pretended to be sick in front of her or started making noises associated with it?

I remember she was with the Saccone Joly's and one of their kids got sick in a restaurant and Zoe ran out like a bat out of hell.. just IMAGINE someone imitating it and then laughing knowing how afraid she is. She's not right.
How will she have kids if she's afraid of puke? She needs therapy for that alone.

Reactions: 13
Has Alfie ever said why he has a therapist or is it because it’s the latest ‘on trend’ thing to do?

Reactions: 2
Has Alfie ever said why he has a therapist or is it because it’s the latest ‘on trend’ thing to do?
He repeats the same reason practically word for word any time it's mentioned like he's so damn insightful. (Looking after your mind essentially the same as looking after your body by eating well and exercising - fair enough point.) That's his line anyway. I doubt he thought of it on his own and maybe he just likes talking about himself. He's so unintelligent and shallow I am mildly curious what he actually discusses. It's always a "really good session" after though isn't it.

Reactions: 9
He repeats the same reason practically word for word any time it's mentioned like he's so damn insightful. (Looking after your mind essentially the same as looking after your body by eating well and exercising - fair enough point.) That's his line anyway. I doubt he thought of it on his own and maybe he just likes talking about himself. He's so unintelligent and shallow I am mildly curious what he actually discusses. It's always a "really good session" after though isn't it.
Being his therapist must be the punishment for being terrible in your previous life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Being his therapist must be the punishment for being terrible in your previous life 😂
Laughing her way to the bank though. Charge an extortionate fee and that mug will pay it and then all you have to do is sit and listen to how great he is. We do that for free on his blogs anyway ha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm probably going to get slated for saying this as I don't know if either Zoe or Alfie had traumatic times growing up or bad parents etc but..... they seem to have a lot of anxiety about First World problems for example busy resteraunts, product launches going well, online trolls and commentary channels maybe these pair should have a baby just to kind of snap them into the real world and focus on something outside of self 🤷

Reactions: 18
I'm probably going to get slated for saying this as I don't know if either Zoe or Alfie had traumatic times growing up or bad parents etc but..... they seem to have a lot of anxiety about First World problems for example busy resteraunts, product launches going well, online trolls and commentary channels maybe these pair should have a baby just to kind of snap them into the real world and focus on something outside of self 🤷
Zoe's parents got divorced, though I don't think she was THAT young when it happened and we don't really know why.

Alfie has never had a single worry in life. He has never had a proper job. His mummy and daddy are comfortable middle class folk with good income, he never wanted for anything and lived ultimately a very privileged life with nothing to care about.

Reactions: 19
Is a therapist the same as a counsellor? Apparently the difference between them online is 'Counsellors just listen – they do not advise, whereas a CBT therapist will use psycho-education... CBT is collaborative and a good CBT therapist will offer tools to try, whereas a counsellor won’t.' - Correct me if i'm wrong! I don't know, if I was still struggling after paying someone for a number of years, I would probably be wanting to try other things. I wish my only worries in the world was how well my instagram post was doing, if i'd remembered to weed my garden and what pizza I was going to order that night. (Also idk if either of them have had traumatic past history.) But alas, I have the worries of working a 9-5, hoping I have enough money to pay my bills and to be able to put food in my fridge, and even they seem like minor worries for myself compared to others struggles!

I'm starting to think that they both have that Paradise syndrome it's anxiety or depression that manifests itself when a person has materially everything they could want - a big home, good business etc and even though money is not an issue anymore there's still emptiness so many celebs have had it, Alfie's always searching for that next big hit to give him that" buzz" and she's got her dream life but seems so isolated and looking for ways to fill her time, I think they've had to much to young it's like watching two lost souls now really ☹.

Reactions: 18
I'm starting to think that they both have that Paradise syndrome it's anxiety or depression that manifests itself when a person has materially everything they could want - a big home, good business etc and even though money is not an issue anymore there's still emptiness so many celebs have had it, Alfie's always searching for that next big hit to give him that" buzz" and she's got her dream life but seems so isolated and looking for ways to fill her time, I think they've had to much to young it's like watching two lost souls now really ☹.
Maybe they're panicking because their careers peaked in 2014 or whenever and now it seems the only way is down

Reactions: 12
I have to agree tbh, they must realise most twenty somethings have purpose either in full time education or have a boss and a workplace with set hours or maybe married with little ones , he's kinda bouncing off the walls just buying stuff to keep himself busy and Zoe just seems to be staging happy moments but is clearly not a well girl on some level .

Reactions: 11
Is a therapist the same as a counsellor? Apparently the difference between them online is 'Counsellors just listen – they do not advise, whereas a CBT therapist will use psycho-education... CBT is collaborative and a good CBT therapist will offer tools to try, whereas a counsellor won’t.' - Correct me if i'm wrong! I don't know, if I was still struggling after paying someone for a number of years, I would probably be wanting to try other things. I wish my only worries in the world was how well my instagram post was doing, if i'd remembered to weed my garden and what pizza I was going to order that night. (Also idk if either of them have had traumatic past history.) But alas, I have the worries of working a 9-5, hoping I have enough money to pay my bills and to be able to put food in my fridge, and even they seem like minor worries for myself compared to others struggles!
I think thats probably right as you need less training to be a counsellor (I think you can do a psychology & counselling degree and get registered just through that), where as becoming a therapist usually takes longer - a bachelors and then a 2 year masters in whichever discipline it is like art therapy, music therapy, or a more general one.

Reactions: 1
I'm going to have to disagree with you here and not in defence of Zoe and Alfie, but because people said similar to me when I started to open up about my mental health.

People said to me "why are you depressed/anxious? Nothing bad has happened to you" and similar.

I wish I did have some huge traumatic event to blame, or a moment to pinpoint but I don't and (from what we do know about Zoe based on what she has shared) Zoe doesn't either.

It would be fabulous if mental health was as black and white as those who suffer some traumatic event are the ones that end up having to live with some form of mental health problem but it isnt.

My anxiety manifests in a similar way - I struggle with busy or crowded places, I've limited my social media use because I found it too difficult and I'd almost obsess over how my profile looked. When it's at its worst I struggle to leave the house.
I panic, I pace, I fidget.

I'd I were Zoe, the thought of trolls and online commentry would set my anxiety on edge too so I do partly wonder if she is less active because she's not doing so well or has realised that a career online doesn't do her mental health any favours.

I do think that they are absolutely not in the right place at all of children and to have a child as a way to work on her mental health is absolutely the worst suggestion. She needs to work on herself, her priority needs to be herself if she's struggling and I think she is. After the calendar and the book and the colorpop collab I think her confidence and therefore her mental health have both taken a huge knock.

Of course, I don't particularly like Zoe. I used to think she was fun and she's my age but as time has gone on I just find her really strange. She truly is a product of the internet but I'd never wish her any kind of mental health struggle. I hope she does get proper help because it's clearly what she needs, she just seems... Lost and the obsession with her childhood and the 90s really reflects that.

Reactions: 26
How will she have kids if she's afraid of puke? She needs therapy for that alone.

I know!!! people with emet famously put off having kids because the thought alone panics them. For others though it could be mind over matter if they want them bad enough. But it's one of those things that *most* therapists don't know how to deal with and many haven't heard of it so I doubt her skype therapist helped that matter either. And from the way she ran out of the restaurant, I knew she wasn't faking it. I think some things she just plays up for the attention sometimes but this didn't look like one.

Reactions: 1
I'm going to have to disagree with you here and not in defence of Zoe and Alfie, but because people said similar to me when I started to open up about my mental health.

People said to me "why are you depressed/anxious? Nothing bad has happened to you" and similar.

I wish I did have some huge traumatic event to blame, or a moment to pinpoint but I don't and (from what we do know about Zoe based on what she has shared) Zoe doesn't either.

It would be fabulous if mental health was as black and white as those who suffer some traumatic event are the ones that end up having to live with some form of mental health problem but it isnt.

My anxiety manifests in a similar way - I struggle with busy or crowded places, I've limited my social media use because I found it too difficult and I'd almost obsess over how my profile looked. When it's at its worst I struggle to leave the house.
I panic, I pace, I fidget.

I'd I were Zoe, the thought of trolls and online commentry would set my anxiety on edge too so I do partly wonder if she is less active because she's not doing so well or has realised that a career online doesn't do her mental health any favours.

I do think that they are absolutely not in the right place at all of children and to have a child as a way to work on her mental health is absolutely the worst suggestion. She needs to work on herself, her priority needs to be herself if she's struggling and I think she is. After the calendar and the book and the colorpop collab I think her confidence and therefore her mental health have both taken a huge knock.

Of course, I don't particularly like Zoe. I used to think she was fun and she's my age but as time has gone on I just find her really strange. She truly is a product of the internet but I'd never wish her any kind of mental health struggle. I hope she does get proper help because it's clearly what she needs, she just seems... Lost and the obsession with her childhood and the 90s really reflects that.
Absolutely all your points are spot on and I fully agree with many obviously my post was just comparing her triggers (which of course are genuine) to when life throws some very major issues people's way like bereavement, illness, debt all of which could come Zoe's way who knows, it's just a thought really more than a criticism because I do think they're very wrapped up in themselves, and products and launches and accumulating "stuff", their images, their hobby's etc hopefully her counselor will help her gain some perspective because honestly it can get lost when your anxiety is going through the roof, trust me I know x.

Reactions: 4
I’ve seen that Tony chocolate on a lot of insta stories lately. Has anyone else noticed it? Do we think there’s some shady undisclosed shilling happening or is it just bandwagon jumping?
Ah good spot! The photo is most definitely angled to get it in shot isn’t it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.