Zoella #6 It's just couch to 5k and some fake PDA

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely all your points are spot on and I fully agree with many obviously my post was just comparing her triggers (which of course are genuine) to when life throws some very major issues people's way like bereavement, illness, debt all of which could come Zoe's way who knows, it's just a thought really more than a criticism because I do think they're very wrapped up in themselves, and products and launches and accumulating "stuff", their images, their hobby's etc hopefully her counselor will help her gain some perspective because honestly it can get lost when your anxiety is going through the roof, trust me I know x.
Thanks for such a lovely and thoughtful response!

I think you make some excellent points.

Mental health... Its tricky, but I guess Zoes instagram post has sparked some great discussion here. So, dare I say it, something good might have come from something Couch Queen posted?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for such a lovely and thoughtful response!

I think you make some excellent points.

Mental health... Its tricky, but I guess Zoes instagram post has sparked some great discussion here. So, dare I say it, something good might have come from something Couch Queen posted?
I should be thanking you as i found everything you said so relatable to me far more so than anything I've heard off Zoe.
Very brave of you to share your personal experiences, stay strong ❤

Reactions: 5
That dog is so freaking ugly.

Nala actually makes me cringe when I see her.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I find it amazing how someone can have severe anxiety to the point of not going out alone. Yet when she is with another person she can act so loud, obnoxious and attention seeking in public, without a care in the world.

Reactions: 16
I find it amazing how someone can have severe anxiety to the point of not going out alone. Yet when she is with another person she can act so loud, obnoxious and attention seeking in public, without a care in the world.
I dunno, I have very severe anxiety from a bad childhood, but when I am with my best friend I feel very safe and can be loud and annoying ha. Anxiety disorders are like that. You can still be anxious but have moments where you feel safe and your personality can come out more

I don’t doubt that she has anxiety, I think she seriously needs proper help instead of everyone giving in to it though. I do however feel that in some situations she uses it for her “content” ie the setting up the camera to film it the other day

Reactions: 16
I dunno, I have very severe anxiety from a bad childhood, but when I am with my best friend I feel very safe and can be loud and annoying ha. Anxiety disorders are like that. You can still be anxious but have moments where you feel safe and your personality can come out more

I don’t doubt that she has anxiety, I think she seriously needs proper help instead of everyone giving in to it though. I do however feel that in some situations she uses it for her “content” ie the setting up the camera to film it the other day
I don’t mean in general, I mean in public. She seems so confident and careless when she is with someone else, and she will do things that will get attention from the public (singing loud, dancing, filming each other, acting stupid) yet she can’t go out in public on her own. Very weird.

Reactions: 4
I don’t mean in general, I mean in public. She seems so confident and careless when she is with someone else, and she will do things that will get attention from the public (singing loud, dancing, filming each other, acting stupid) yet she can’t go out in public on her own. Very weird.
Yes I mean in public too. It can be like that, if you’re with someone you feel safe with. That’s pretty normal with anxiety sufferers, when with friends can muck about out and about sometimes, then other times not. And when alone couldn’t dream of doing any of it. Anxiety is a weird one unfortunately. I’m not a Zoe fan at all and like I said, I feel sometimes she uses her issues as content, however it’s not uncommon for people even with severe anxiety to be able to be silly and loud out and about if they’re with someone they feel safe with and that they can feed off their confident personalities

Reactions: 11
Yes I mean in public too. It can be like that, if you’re with someone you feel safe with. That’s pretty normal with anxiety sufferers, when with friends can muck about out and about sometimes, then other times not. And when alone couldn’t dream of doing any of it. Anxiety is a weird one unfortunately. I’m not a Zoe fan at all and like I said, I feel sometimes she uses her issues as content, however it’s not uncommon for people even with severe anxiety to be able to be silly and loud out and about if they’re with someone they feel safe with and that they can feed off their confident personalities
I understand that, however it seems strange to me how extreme the difference is. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I understand that, however it seems strange to me how extreme the difference is. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks when I'm on my own and I have a trigger its horrific I can't walk down the road, if I have a friend or my husband with me I could do it in my underwear and not care. Having someone that makes you feel safe can completely change you as a person.

Reactions: 13
I'm going to have to disagree with you here and not in defence of Zoe and Alfie, but because people said similar to me when I started to open up about my mental health.

People said to me "why are you depressed/anxious? Nothing bad has happened to you" and similar.

I wish I did have some huge traumatic event to blame, or a moment to pinpoint but I don't and (from what we do know about Zoe based on what she has shared) Zoe doesn't either.

It would be fabulous if mental health was as black and white as those who suffer some traumatic event are the ones that end up having to live with some form of mental health problem but it isnt.

My anxiety manifests in a similar way - I struggle with busy or crowded places, I've limited my social media use because I found it too difficult and I'd almost obsess over how my profile looked. When it's at its worst I struggle to leave the house.
I panic, I pace, I fidget.

I'd I were Zoe, the thought of trolls and online commentry would set my anxiety on edge too so I do partly wonder if she is less active because she's not doing so well or has realised that a career online doesn't do her mental health any favours.

I do think that they are absolutely not in the right place at all of children and to have a child as a way to work on her mental health is absolutely the worst suggestion. She needs to work on herself, her priority needs to be herself if she's struggling and I think she is. After the calendar and the book and the colorpop collab I think her confidence and therefore her mental health have both taken a huge knock.

Of course, I don't particularly like Zoe. I used to think she was fun and she's my age but as time has gone on I just find her really strange. She truly is a product of the internet but I'd never wish her any kind of mental health struggle. I hope she does get proper help because it's clearly what she needs, she just seems... Lost and the obsession with her childhood and the 90s really reflects that.
I totally agree with this, but what I don't understand is why zoe would then put herself in a place to be judged by millions of anonymous people online and into a career in which she publicises her whole life?

Reactions: 8
I totally agree with this, but what I don't understand is why zoe would then put herself in a place to be judged by millions of anonymous people online and into a career in which she publicises her whole life?
I am going to guess that in 2008 or whenever she started, she didn't have any idea how big it would grow. Social media, blogging, youtube were all very different then. There was no such thing as an "influencer." That being said, she could have backed away from it but hasn't.

Reactions: 13
I agree with the posters who’ve previously said about Zoe’s therapist and that she should change.. esp if it’s been going on for so long and there’s not been much change.

Also it strikes me as quite weird that half her problem is going out her house/crowded places/etc but she sees a Skype counsellor? Like actually going OUT and seeing someone would surely be much better for her..

Reactions: 6
I know I wouldn't - anxiety or not, being so visible to so many people is my idea of a nightmare!

She's an odd girl, like I said she's my age but she is nothing like me or any of my peers or even anyone I know (ages 21 - 40 in my various social circles). Just who is her audience?!

Reactions: 9
Begging for likes cos Alfie has more on their fake, staged, romantic, futureself ad photo. So gross! Especially when Instagram is trialling the likes not being visible thing?!

Unfortunately that's what happens to these influencers who have led a sheltered life, they just can't cope with reality 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Begging for likes cos Alfie has more on their fake, staged, romantic, futureself ad photo. So gross! Especially when Instagram is trialling the likes not being visible thing?!
It isn't a trial. We haven't had likes in Canada now for months. It is permanent!

She said she started therapy from 23 years old, had the worse years between 23-26 (80% of her days!)(what a joke)(that would mean she would wake up at 7am and have anxiety till 7pm? She sleeps at 10?)(she don't even work)(oh yeah,sorry anxiety from ALL THOSE VLOGGING And making Youtube vidoes on her main, and pretending she was writing novels and smelling scents so that she can launch bath products)

still using the same therapist at 29

Also RIP to her main channel, which gives her anxiety because it has too many followers

I wonder if their bedsheets are full of food and chocolate stains. Are they going raise their kids to eat in bed

View attachment 28599View attachment 28600
u really think they will have kids they literally cant admit to masturbating without going red and having a laughing fit i dont imagine much goes on around there

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.