Zoe Sugg #67 Boring and beige, will never be a Deyes.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that Zoe was "sick" on their last trip because of how anxious she was the week prior when Ottie threw up. She wasn't physically ill, but probably felt extremely uncomfortable and kept rethinking about the "what if i also catch it" etc.

Honestly, for her sake, I think it would be better if she had caught the stomach flu as well. She would see that it's not the end of the world and that once you throw up you usually feel better, it usually only lasts a day or two and you're back to mostly normal. She'd feel so relieved afterwards knowing that she did it and it's over.

Also, it's not very reassuring that she said "you don't always catch it", because if it is norovirus then 99% she would have also caught it. Ottie probably had food poisoning which is why only she got sick.

Reactions: 18
I think that Zoe was "sick" on their last trip because of how anxious she was the week prior when Ottie threw up. She wasn't physically ill, but probably felt extremely uncomfortable and kept rethinking about the "what if i also catch it" etc.

Honestly, for her sake, I think it would be better if she had caught the stomach flu as well. She would see that it's not the end of the world and that once you throw up you usually feel better, it usually only lasts a day or two and you're back to mostly normal. She'd feel so relieved afterwards knowing that she did it and it's over.

Also, it's not very reassuring that she said "you don't always catch it", because if it is norovirus then 99% she would have also caught it. Ottie probably had food poisoning which is why only she got sick.
See my problem with this if she has a fear of sick why doesn't she get help for it? she has the money to help sort out her problems.

Reactions: 21

How will she cope when Ottie starts school 😂

Reactions: 10
Is she afraid of vomiting or of catching a disease? Cuz she can get sick from eating takeout or at a restaurant but that doesn't stop her. She eats those stylish eats platters which are a biohazard to be honest and doesn't seem concerned with food safety at all. I'd be more afraid to eat ice cream, doughnuts and all that sweet crap she eats in town. You'd think she'd consume healthier, home cooked meals to prevent food poisoning but no.
I honestly don't understand her fobia and neither does her, probably😅

Reactions: 18

It’s really strange but sometimes with emetophobia you almost train yourself out of the vomiting reflex. I have emetophohia and my whole family had norovirus, I had severe nausea and the other end 😂 but was the only one who didn’t vomit.
I’ve not been sick from a bug / alcohol since I was 11 (I’m now 32!) had terrible nausea during pregnancy and constantly gagged but couldn’t actually be sick
---
ETA not that I was drinking at 11 but I’ve never thrown up from alcohol either but many times have been VERY close.

Phobias are irrational and illogical by definition. From personal experience, people with emetophobia often have 'safe foods'. I used to think "well this didn't make me sick last time so it's ok", my diet was really limited (literally only three or four meals) and I was too scared to try anything new. I don't follow Zoe enough to know whether she's the same, but if she's always ordering the same takeaways, going to the same restaurants and eating the same food that could be why.

I do sympathise with her a little because I used to be the same and it was a horrible way to live, but like someone above said, you really just need to be exposed to your fear and live through it to realise that it's not the end of the world. Her earning all this money so young allowed her to retreat into her own safe bubble and never have to challenge herself. But of course now she has all the time and money to be able to get help but she hasn't even tried.

With her it really doesn’t seem that deep. The whole going to the same places deal - that’s not just food for her. Vacations and days out are the same thing. The day to day activities largely are too. She just generally even outside of food doesn’t do new much.

One of the few exceptions being when tit is free. They take all kinds of free, food certainly included. So if she’s paying it’s usually the same old tit, but she will gladly eat up the gifted baskets and platters. She will do taste tests with anyone she can sucker in when she finds something new too - look at the insufferable ice cream content she had a few years back, having every employee have to try a tiny bit of each of the 20 different flavors she just picked up.

Food is just a symptom of the greater issue of “Zoe doesn’t do change” she just wants life to be the same every day seemingly. She doesn’t really do anything outside her comfort zone for anything, and if she actually gave 2 shots about improving her anxiety she would have sought real help YEARS ago and not just stayed with people happy to pander to her and take her money.

Reactions: 16
Food is just a symptom of the greater issue of “Zoe doesn’t do change” she just wants life to be the same every day seemingly. She doesn’t really do anything outside her comfort zone for anything, and if she actually gave 2 shots about improving her anxiety she would have sought real help YEARS ago and not just stayed with people happy to pander to her and take her money.
That's what irks me. If she really wanted help, it's a phone call or two away for her. Not for Zoe would be the months (years!) on a waiting list to see a psychologist for proper therapy as she can afford to pay for private treatment. Others dream of having the means to do this.

Enough of the gimme-your-money online counselling - get some real therapy. For the girls if nothing else.

I just don't get why she doesn't do it or why family members aren't urging her to do so. Perhaps they are, I don't know, but even she must know that a lightbulb doesn't get changed on its own.

Harsh rant over. 😉

Reactions: 13
That's what irks me. If she really wanted help, it's a phone call or two away for her. Not for Zoe would be the months (years!) on a waiting list to see a psychologist for proper therapy as she can afford to pay for private treatment. Others dream of having the means to do this.

Enough of the gimme-your-money online counselling - get some real therapy. For the girls if nothing else.

I just don't get why she doesn't do it or why family members aren't urging her to do so. Perhaps they are, I don't know, but even she must know that a lightbulb doesn't get changed on its own.

Harsh rant over. 😉
It's a totally valid point though. The mental health services are stretched enough as it is within the NHS and you have people crying out for help that simply cannot get it. Yet here you have a privileged individual with the money to be able to afford to go private and yet she chooses not to. It's an insult.

I thought she was seeing someone private? Just someone who is clearly horrible? She’s seeing someone who (whether private or not) has done nothing to help her, and instead almost seems to validate her and keep her set in her routine. She hasn’t changed despite apparently years of therapy at this point.

Reactions: 6
I thought she was seeing someone private? Just someone who is clearly horrible? She’s seeing someone who (whether private or not) has done nothing to help her, and instead almost seems to validate her and keep her set in her routine. She hasn’t changed despite apparently years of therapy at this point.
Right? Like surely it must get to a point where Alfie or her mum are like its not working?

Reactions: 3
I think life is just not miserable for her - she doesn't have to overcome any anxiety because she can stay in her house all day, avoid things with ease, and has a very, very strong support system (that unfortunately enables her). I think if everyday was wretched for her, like if she had a job that was anxiety inducing for her, or it was only Alfie and her and Alfie had a more demanding job than he has now, she would've probably sought out help by now. But her life is good, regardless. If she has a "bad" day, she can literally hide under the blankets in her bed. Is it fair to anyone? To the girls? No, but she doesn't seem to care

Reactions: 25
I think life is just not miserable for her - she doesn't have to overcome any anxiety because she can stay in her house all day, avoid things with ease, and has a very, very strong support system (that unfortunately enables her). I think if everyday was wretched for her, like if she had a job that was anxiety inducing for her, or it was only Alfie and her and Alfie had a more demanding job than he has now, she would've probably sought out help by now. But her life is good, regardless. If she has a "bad" day, she can literally hide under the blankets in her bed. Is it fair to anyone? To the girls? No, but she doesn't seem to care
THIS! she is happy with her life as she can avoid things that she doesn't like/want to do. Like you say if she was forced to face things she didn't like it would be totally different but she has been able to wrap herself in cotton wool and live a privileged life.

Reactions: 13
I wonder what Zoe is going to do when Ottie starts nursery and the sickness bugs start going through her whole house on the regular ?

Newsflash Zoe you will be throwing up as will your fella and the kids, if your really (un)lucky you'll have it both ends and your emetophobia will be out the window so fast or is Tracey going to do the throwing up for you they're so smug about parenthood but they've barely scratched the surface in their little bubble .

ETA I'm not in anyway being dismissive of emetophobia but the way she thought as long as she stayed in bed during pregnancy she wouldn't gag when your kids hit school age no amount of lying down stops the sick or diah making there way out when the bugs come home with you 😥
Having had hyperemesis in pregnancy....and having been really frightened about vomiting - I can truly say that the fear went out the window once I'd been sick 15 times in two days and then for a further 600 times till I was in labour. there was literally no amount of laying down I could have done to escape it - unless they put me in a coma.

• Heart
Alfie makes me realise exercise is pointless! 😂
The t shirt tan gang 😂

Eating their hello fresh meals, krispy kremes, boxes of gifted doughnuts but Alfie's telling the world he's about to become a hench dilf in his thirties while him and Morgan photograph each other in the mirror wearing baggy vests and black PE shorts, the daft twats .

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does the ‘BEST’ dad put their daughters online & choose to show their childhood to the public to make money?

Reactions: 26