Zoe Sugg #67 Boring and beige, will never be a Deyes.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but a phobia is a phobia you literally can’t help it. I’m scared of spiders obvs if it came down to it I’d kill one to protect my child but like doesn’t mean I won’t be terrified. 😂😂
She's having panic attacks and pacing because her daughter has a sickness bug. She really needs to get a grip and sort out her phobia.
---
She is lucky Alfie is so patient and understanding.
---
Also when she said they make a good parenting team, yeah of course you do because you are both at home 24/7 now if one of you went out to work 9-5 I imagine it would be different scenario....

Reactions: 8
Sorry but a phobia is a phobia you literally can’t help it. I’m scared of spiders obvs if it came down to it I’d kill one to protect my child but like doesn’t mean I won’t be terrified. 😂😂
Except you can, especially if you have money. There are proven therapies that work to treat them - especially simpler ones to work with (like tangible things like spiders or sick). If she at all cared to work on it FOR THE BETTERMENT OF HER CHILDREN she would. But it’s poor meek Zoe, who is helpless so she won’t. She has the money to seek out and receive therapy and get through it, she is actively choosing not to do this.

Reactions: 14
As much as the “therapist” is clearly rinsing her it is the responsibility of Zoe to leave and switch once she feels she’s not getting anything from them anymore. Zoe is a creature of comfort though and would never switch, even if it’s the only thing that will help her grow.
But at times it is also reliant on an ethical therapist to realise that they are no longer helping a client and suggesting that they move on and find someone else. Zoe will never realise this because as you said she is a creature of comfort.
- - -
Re the people slating emetophobia - it is like any other phobia. Phobias are irrational and the flight or flight kicks in and just makes you want to escape. ‘Nobody likes being sick’ doesn’t make emetophobia go away. I wouldn’t judge someone for having a phobia of flying for example.

Reactions: 13
- - -
Re the people slating emetophobia - it is like any other phobia. Phobias are irrational and the flight or flight kicks in and just makes you want to escape. ‘Nobody likes being sick’ doesn’t make emetophobia go away. I wouldn’t judge someone for having a phobia of flying for example.
Most don’t slate her for the phobia - it’s the not doing anything about it when it is causing an impediment that they are. It’s one thing if you have a fear of flying and you can structure your life so you never need to fly and avoid it. Zoe’s fear is different - it is a bodily function where (especially if you have kids) you will encounter it. It’s particularly frustrating knowing that she’s has plenty of resources to be able to seek out and find treatment for this phobia and not do her children further disservice, but she is choosing not to. Zoe is making choices here - and in this case it is to not seek to get better and be there for her kids in a time of need. It’s yet another symptom of her privileged and curated lifestyle of never feeling discomfort. Therapy to treat her phobia would not be a pleasant experience - though it would be valuable - and because it is unpleasant she is not doing it.

Reactions: 18
She says in the latest vlog her emetophobia causes her to overcook things out of fear they'll make her sick. That doesn't quite add up when she's quite happy to eat mostly ready meals or takeouts with no idea what preparation has been involved in the making of those... she even buys ready made mash 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 27
- - -
But most people with this phobia cannot avoid sick when they have children. It’s very privileged to be able to avoid it. Most people have partners at work and are left to deal with sick children alone

She says in the latest vlog her emetophobia causes her to overcook things out of fear they'll make her sick. That doesn't quite add up when she's quite happy to eat mostly ready meals or takeouts with no idea what preparation has been involved in the making of those... she even buys ready made mash 🤦🏻‍♀️
Plus all those birthday grazing platters with soft boiled scotch eggs. Sure, she may not eat any of it, but I would figure she’d fear others getting sick too.. Does she always love a soft poached egg? I’d be pretty fearful of eating those if I were her.

Last edited:
i really don’t want to defend any of them but phobias are not rational things. You can get triggered by one thing and not by other things. I think her parenting (or lack thereof) is far more infuriating and pathetic about her.

Reactions: 7
But most people with this phobia cannot avoid sick when they have children. It’s very privileged to be able to avoid it. Most people have partners at work and are left to deal with sick children alone
I have acknowledged her privilege many times. Just because that is her situation now doesn’t mean it will be in 5, 10 or 15 years.

Lets be clear no one is slating her for having a phobia it's the fact it seems she wont seek help to try and overcome it when like others have said she has all the resources to do it.
---
Yes but you've just summed it up right there, you would face your fears for your child but Zoe didn't she left Alfie to deal with it!

It is very grating to watch them go on and on about what an amazing team they are and how wonderful everything is! I wish they would at least acknowledge how lucky they are!! Of course parenting is easier when you are both home and available 24/7 and aren't stressed/tired because of work!
I think in general it isn't the kids that stress parents out it's the trying to do every other bleeping thing on top of it!!

Reactions: 9
Come on now 🤣. Let’s not pretend Zoe will ever work on herself!
😂 Nooo, I don’t mean that! I mean that they may not have the same support network in the future. Poppy and Sean might have kids or/and Joe and Dianne might have kids. That would divide the time of the grandparents. Anything can also happen health wise with them as well as the girls being in school. I hope that Tracey travels more so that she isn’t on the doorstep ready to take over!

Reactions: 5
I’ve heard people with problems with food and taste, texture, cooking etc say that eating packaged and takeaway foods actually feels safe for them because it’s consistent. Her Waitrose mash will taste the same every time she has it and is pretty much already cooked, all she has to do is microwave it for 2 minutes before the sell by date. Same with chain restaurants, wagamamas noodles from the same Wagamamas will prepared in the same way with the same ingredients from the same suppliers every time.

Reactions: 1
I’ve heard people with problems with food and taste, texture, cooking etc say that eating packaged and takeaway foods actually feels safe for them because it’s consistent. Her Waitrose mash will taste the same every time she has it and is pretty much already cooked, all she has to do is microwave it for 2 minutes before the sell by date. Same with chain restaurants, wagamamas noodles from the same Wagamamas will prepared in the same way with the same ingredients from the same suppliers every time.
yep - as someone with emetophobia, chain restaurants or branded ready meals are perfect as you know such strict rules will have had to be followed in their production and cooking. meat is something a lot of people with emet point blank refuse to eat as its just not worth the worry and panic that ensues afterwards.

think people are being a bit cuntish in their approach to it, its a mental illness at the end of the day. its not going to just go away because your child gets sick, its going to make it 100x worse if anything. be grateful that you don't understand what its like 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
yep - as someone with emetophobia, chain restaurants or branded ready meals are perfect as you know such strict rules will have had to be followed in their production and cooking. meat is something a lot of people with emet point blank refuse to eat as its just not worth the worry and panic that ensues afterwards.

think people are being a bit cuntish in their approach to it, its a mental illness at the end of the day. its not going to just go away because your child gets sick, its going to make it 100x worse if anything. be grateful that you don't understand what its like 🤷‍♀️
Again people understand it’s a mental illness. That is not the argument. It’s that she refuses to seek treatment for it and pass things off. She has every ability to get treatment, she can afford to seek private treatment and be there for her kids. But she’s choosing not to.

It goes beyond just them being sick too - what are her kids future relationships with food going to look like? Is she going to instill fear in them too? Restrict what they eat? Our parents can shape some very unhealthy relationships with food for us at an early age that can have devastating impacts.

Reactions: 14
I said this a couple of weeks ago, but the issue isn’t that she has an irrational phobia, it’s that she has the access, resources, money and time to get help for it and has chosen not to. She always knew she wanted children and has spoken way before Ottie came along about her worries around having a child that was sick, she knew it would impact her parenting and therefore her children and should have and could have got help for it

It is very grating to watch them go on and on about what an amazing team they are and how wonderful everything is! I wish they would at least acknowledge how lucky they are!! Of course parenting is easier when you are both home and available 24/7 and aren't stressed/tired because of work!
I think in general it isn't the kids that stress parents out it's the trying to do every other bleeping thing on top of it!!
its a lot easier when you=
Have insane wealth (x2)
a huge house
everything gifted
family next door
Can pay for cleaners, gardeners
can afford to order takeaway as often as you like
can afford childcare 247
can get people to come to your house to do your hair, nails, give you a massage
friends come to you
have all the time in the world to take a bath in the middle of the day
have an easy income via property/YouTube/Instagram etc (would add coffee and hoodies, but how much can that all be raking in I wonder)

really.. what’s the big deal.. raising kids is easy right? We’re all in the same boat as Zalfie, surely?… no?

im just jealous. I have zero of the above and kids the same age. It’s bleeping tough

Reactions: 7