Zoe Sugg #67 Boring and beige, will never be a Deyes.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think braces aren't a big deal to be honest. It's Invisalign I assume? That's the annoying bit. Someone I know got train track braces before she got married and the teeth moved in 6 months but she had to have a big metal plate in the roof of her mouth! Zoe would never dream of something like that. But if she had had the normal train track braces she'd be a lot more relatable and perhaps inspire others to get theirs done too if their dentist had recommended it because not everyone can afford Invisalign. Her young audience I mean, as if you get braces under 18 on the NHS you don't have to pay. I went to see how much Invisalign would cost for me and my teeth aren't that bad, my dentist has never suggested braces. Over £2000!
I mean if it is cosmetic, I feel as though she wouldn't have put it off. But I do think her teeth are fine as they are. I've never noticed anything wrong with them.

Reactions: 4
It is just cosmetic, she said it’s just because her front teeth have started crossing over slightly and her bottom teeth aren’t completely straight

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Damned if she did, damned if she didn’t situation. There’s been a mix of people on the thread over the years that have said they like her teeth and others questioning why she hasn’t had them sorted yet.
I don’t see a major issue with it having had purely cosmetic invisalign myself but I wouldn’t be surprised if hers was either gifted, heavily discounted, or an ad.

Reactions: 31
It is just cosmetic, she said it’s just because her front teeth have started crossing over slightly and her bottom teeth aren’t completely straight
Yes I did actually force myself to sit through her rabbiting on about her teeth after that post. I don't really understand doing the bottom ones as no one really sees those anyway. And at least she said she did consider train track braces.
I don't know. It's only a small thing. If it makes her feel better then that's the main thing.

Although one thing I will say is after watching a bit of that vlog is she explains too much. Things that are completely normal, and you and I would just silently get on with is a big thing for her that she has to explain like we are 5.
At the end of the video talking about packing her children's bags and how they are different so they have to pack different things. Yes, Zoe they are different ages etc, just get on with it we don't need every detail.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Literally. She talks about the most mundane things for about 10 minutes which most people wouldn’t even give a second thought, you can tell she really doesn’t have much going on in life

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Only thing that surprised me with the invisalign decision was the fact that she will of been having prior consultations then having moulds taken etc so in her alleged difficult post partum adjustment period with a newborn her priority managed to switch to herself and her need to get her front tooth straightened .

So many mums in those early newborn months can see nothing but baby, housework, older child needing entertaining all day then you've got a partner out all day working, meals to get ready its all exhausting yet princess Zoe has found it to be the perfect time to prioritise herself.

Reactions: 22
Only thing that surprised me with the invisalign decision was the fact that she will of been having prior consultations then having moulds taken etc so in her alleged difficult post partum adjustment period with a newborn her priority managed to switch to herself and her need to get her front tooth straightened .

So many mums in those early newborn months can see nothing but baby, housework, older child needing entertaining all day then you've got a partner out all day working, meals to get ready its all exhausting yet princess Zoe has found it to be the perfect time to prioritise herself.
Also, the whole vlog was just Zoe doing things that centred around herself - having Mark over all day, going to get her nails done, doing her makeup, getting braces. I don’t know any mums with that much time to themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Don’t you get it, that was all “content” and therefore not time for herself since it was now work. Poor Zoe has no time for herself ever. She really is the hardest working person there ever was.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

In fairness finding time to prioritise yourself when you can is important after having a baby. Losing all sense of yourself and self care isn’t good for the mum or the baby. The saying “it takes a village to raise a child” is now being backed up by research that children who are raised by their family and community unit have better childhoods. It shouldn’t just be the job of a mum to raise a baby, I’m sorry for anyone who does have to go through that, it’s tough and I’m sure they’re doing their best, but of all the bad things Zoe does, taking time for a dentist appointment after childbirth isn’t one of them.

Reactions: 24
In fairness finding time to prioritise yourself when you can is important after having a baby. Losing all sense of yourself and self care isn’t good for the mum or the baby. The saying “it takes a village to raise a child” is now being backed up by research that children who are raised by their family and community unit have better childhoods. It shouldn’t just be the job of a mum to raise a baby, I’m sorry for anyone who does have to go through that, it’s tough and I’m sure they’re doing their best, but of all the bad things Zoe does, taking time for a dentist appointment after childbirth isn’t one of them.
Yes but we’re talking about Zoe specifically here who only ever thinks about herself postpartum or not.

Reactions: 19
Damned if she did, damned if she didn’t situation. There’s been a mix of people on the thread over the years that have said they like her teeth and others questioning why she hasn’t had them sorted yet.
I don’t see a major issue with it having had purely cosmetic invisalign myself but I wouldn’t be surprised if hers was either gifted, heavily discounted, or an ad.
Oh no its not gifted she made sure she mentioned that. 'This isn't gifted by the way I'm paying for it myself' bet thats a novelty for you seeing as you beg for everything else for free.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Yeah I think it's obvious that taking time to prioritise yourself with a nice a long bath or needing a routine dental health check up isn't really being questioned it's Zoe specifically talking about not knowing who she is in postpartum but at the same time being well and capable enough to go and get cosmetic dentistry.

As for it takes a village to raise a child that is 100% true in their case .

Reactions: 15
I also think she finds it hard to get into a routine because their lives have no structure there is no 9-5 job to get up at 5am everyday for and get ready and out the house etc. They just lazy around everyday pop to the beach and ship the kids off the the grandparents when they feel like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve never cared about her teeth or thought they looked bad.

She’s got the money to get them then go for it but she never recognises how good she’s got it and let’s be real it’s probably given to her for free or a big discount!

Reactions: 5
Also, the whole vlog was just Zoe doing things that centred around herself - having Mark over all day, going to get her nails done, doing her makeup, getting braces. I don’t know any mums with that much time to themselves
At then at the end she goes on about the post partum identity crisis. Now I do not have children, but I do believe that if she busied herself with looking after Ottlie and Novie and doing a bit more, then she wouldn't have time to sit there and think about such things. Keeping busy is very good for distracting the mind from self absorbed thoughts.
It wouldn't solve how she feels completely, and she should obviously acknowledge her feelings but it would help her I think.

Reactions: 7
Her forehead is looking very smooth and shiny in the car at the end... is that a camera filter or a little botox?

Reactions: 6
She also said in her stories a few weeks ago she didn't have time to wash her hair (which we said was bull) but she has been finding time to go to her Invisalign appointments!

Reactions: 7
Guys, be real, you were all like "she looks like Sid from ice age with the snaggletooth", "she can afford Invisalign" . Now that she's finally fixing the problem, it's "she has too much time for herself " and " her teeth are fine". I can't😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Guys, be real, you were all like "she looks like Sid from ice age with the snaggletooth", "she can afford Invisalign" . Now that she's finally fixing the problem, it's "she has too much time for herself " and " her teeth are fine". I can't😂
I don't care if she has Invisalign that's her choice my issue with her is making out she has no time for anything when she is clearly doing f-all most of the time.

Reactions: 10