Zoe Sugg #38 Beige nursery is complete, bland content on repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Zoe mentioned the wallpaper being "expensive" in her Nursey Vid, I wanted to know how "expensive".
Turns out per meter the Wallpaper costs £162. And per roll she had was 10m.... ahhhh!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
They should have sacked the wallpaper and put the wall art above the fire place and swapped around the cot and changing table. Changing a child in that corner will look so awkward
let’s be honest that changing table will hardly be used it’s only there for ✨aesthetic✨

Reactions: 12
if you guys think we are overreacting but like
i audibly gagged at that sight of the wallpaper

I am so shocked- they went for that god damn wallpaper

this thread: someone constantly suggests autumn as pay deyes´ name
also this thread now: everyone in disgust about the wallpaper

edit: what is that one specific "wrinkle" called inbetween the eyebrows, that goes vertical

eyyy those expensive skincare is working ha
her skin is screaming for some moisturizer as much as the walls behind are screaming eggs and bacon
1629917640456.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I don't mind the nursery but as a parent of an 8 month old I can't help but think the changing table being in the cubby is a bit awkward - it's far easier to change a nappy from the end on rather than the side,especially as the baby grows.
I don’t know about you guys but I think I used my sons changing table a handful of times. Much more when he was an infant but the bigger he got, I just changed him on the carpet or the sofa 😂 so they may not use it much at all.

Reactions: 7
The changing table is abit awkward I feel, I’d rather have abit of room at the end to stand there, changing the baby from the side might abit of a faff but I’ve always used one of those mats with the curved edges on the floor 🤷🏼‍♀️ also I didn’t know pottery barn was an actual thing! I thought it was just on friends 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't mind the color scheme of the nursery, even if it is very 70's. I just don't get the bacon and eggs motif. Just really hard to unsee now.

Reactions: 12
The fact that she's been going on for ages about how she will upload a nursery video, an yet the contents of the video is literally just them walking into the room every few weeks and showing us what their hired help have done. They could have done everything themselves (except the wallpaper - I agree it's easy to mess up!) Just makes you realise all she's been doing in prep for the nursery is sitting on her arse buying overpriced aesthetically Instagram pleased tit

Reactions: 14
It really looks like she tried to copy Liv Purvis' baby room, Zoe just went with a different wallpaper from the same brand, but it just doesn't look as well...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I too thought it looked like Mickey Mouse when I first saw it 🤣 maybe she is hinting that the name will be Minnie 🤪

Reactions: 11
I quite like the nursery, at least it’s not bland and basic like Elle Darbys

Reactions: 6
Matilda. Tilly for short.

Scrolled through, saw the little Matilda picture on the wall and it just fits, given Zoe already has that Twits quote mirror and has probably never read anything with a reading age beyond Roald Dahl kids' books.
This is an excellent guess -Tilly Deyes is cute too

Reactions: 16
I don’t know about you guys but I think I used my sons changing table a handful of times. Much more when he was an infant but the bigger he got, I just changed him on the carpet or the sofa 😂 so they may not use it much at all.
I actually never had a changing table 😂 I use the dining room table, sofa or bed. But putting the table where she has is a sure way to make sure she won't make any use of it.

Reactions: 5
Is it just me that doesn't understand this weird influencer trend of having dull, neutral coloured nurseries?
Aren't nurseries meant to be lovely and fun for children?
We did 2 of our walls in a light grey and 2 in a deep ocean blue colour and painted stars in gold silver and white in a shooting star stream across the blue walls, and we did it all ourselves, it felt amazing doing our baby boys nursery. I get paying someone to do the wallpaper (although my mum did all the wallpaper in our house because she taught herself to do it many years ago) but are they really trying to say they couldn't paint some bloody walls.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That is a really good point. I used a changing table a few times but just ended up doing it on the floor after that. The worry of a wriggly baby rolling off and having to hold them with one hand is just not worth it! If I had another baby (please no) I wouldn't bother with a changing table.

Reactions: 5
The green / blue paint doesn't really suit the wallpaper, they should have go with a different wallpaper in the color similar to the paint, or leave the egg and bacon wallpaper but pick pink / orangy paints

Has anyone bothered to add how much all that has cost, it’s crazy how much they have spent for all that which baby won’t have use until it’s at least 10mths and then will only use until it’s about 2 and then what will they do with it all?

Also as someone who has had their own house for a year, I don't get how someone like her can't know basic DIY. For example the word "screw". She said multiple times about how they will need to "un-drill" the curtain pole from the wall. You just unscrew it. Alfie didn't know either! And they both laugh about it. That's the problem with them as a couple, they're as bad as each other and do nothing to support each other to grow and learn. I had a blast renovating my house with my boyfriend and both of us knew duck all about DIY beforehand, but learning together and making mistakes together is a hell of a lot more fun than eating dominoes on seperate sofas every night ✌

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.