Zoe Sugg #37 Second coming of Christ is on the brink, quick get her an aff link!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doula is so much more than a glorified baby sitter šŸ˜“ no shame to people using them, i just wish i could have afford one at the beginning šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 11
I can see her getting a doula in. Iā€™d never even heard of it till kate lawler mentioned it.
She had one come over a few times a week . Said she was struggling and itā€™s the best thing you can get a new parent.
They basically people who you pay to support you.
Kate lawler had one come round in the evening . So she could get some sleep, and the women looked after the baby. Basically they a glorified baby sitter that donā€™t cost as much as a nanny, and not full time like nannyā€™s. You pick and choose when need help.
Thatā€™s not what a doula does like many have saidā€¦ doulas help parents learn how to look after the baby. They donā€™t look after the baby for the parentsā€¦

I donā€™t know who Kate Lawler is but it shoulds like sheā€™s hired a baby sitter and is calling it a doula so that people donā€™t criticise her for getting a baby sitter for her newborn so she can have a nap.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
I donā€™t think that dress is a great indicator of whether or not Poppy is pregnant. Iā€™ve worn dresses where I see pictures afterwards and realize I looked pregnant. When really itā€™s just an unflattering angle, my bad posture, and the dress hitting my stomach the wrong way. Poppy tends to slouch, which doesnā€™t help. I think the bigger ā€œsignā€ is that itā€™s been awhile since she complained about her period migranes on IG :sneaky:

If she is pregnant, how obnoxious will Zoe be acting as if she knows everything about having a baby, despite only being a few months ahead

Reactions: 24
I almost want to yell "leave Poppy alone!" I just can't deal with people trying to guess if she is pregnant or not. My close friend was pregnant but lost the baby, you never know with these, many reasons not to reveal pregnancy early on. I know it's not likely Poppy would see these comments, but it just irks me.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thatā€™s not what a doula does like many have saidā€¦ doulas help parents learn how to look after the baby. They donā€™t look after the baby for the parentsā€¦ .

There are two types of doulas a birth one and postnatal one .

She had the postnatal one . The ones that look after the baby if you should choose so .
said she paid Ā£150 for 8 hours over night . Which I thought was pretty reasonable, especially over night

Attachments

Reactions: 1

She had the postnatal one . The ones that look after the baby if you should choose so .
said she paid Ā£150 for 8 hours over night . Which I thought was pretty reasonable, especially over night
NCT & Doula.org.uk both confirm that postnatal Doulas in the UK do not do things like babysit or walk your dogā€¦ theyā€™re there to help parents not to be the parent.

the reputable sources and doula websites would not hire a doula out to walk someoneā€™s dog or cook someoneā€™s dinner.

Attachments

Reactions: 10

In the Netherlands you get a nurse (specifically trained for post-natal) to stay at your house for 8 hours a day for the first week (for free). Theyā€™ll do shopping and stuff for you as well. You have to book them early though.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I wonder how she'll get used to her new non-existent sleep schedule once the baby arrives knowing she likes going to bed early and waking up early. Like I'd be interested in seeing how she deals with all that but I'm guessing we're gonna get a strongly filtered, glamorous picture of the whole living with a newborn thing, with Daisy Deyes being the best little babygirl to ever exist, she'll never cry, she'll never have an upset tummy, etc., I don't think they'll share struggles.
A bit like Megan ellaby haha everything is always soooooo dreamy lol! So weird Zoe abs Alfie hung about with her in that one vlog, are they even still friends?

Reactions: 3
In the Netherlands you get a nurse (specifically trained for post-natal) to stay at your house for 8 hours a day for the first week (for free). Theyā€™ll do shopping and stuff for you as well. You have to book them early though.
Wow Netherlands know how itā€™s done. Do you pay for this service?

NCT & Doula.org.uk both confirm that postnatal Doulas in the UK do not do things like babysit or walk your dogā€¦ theyā€™re there to help parents not to be the parent.

the reputable sources and doula websites would not hire a doula out to walk someoneā€™s dog or cook someoneā€™s dinner.
Also, birth Doulaā€™s and postnatal doulas are the same, you just might hire them for one aspect as opposed to both. Although if youā€™ve hired a birth doula the package will usually include at least 1 post natal visit.

Iā€™m not into this whole critique of how Zoe will cope during 4th trimester. 4th trimester, especially first time round, is a tit show of hormones, sleep deprivation, the reality being different to what you expected. Iā€™m of the opinion every woman that gives birth is a god damned goddess and more power to her for getting through labour and 4th trimester however she sees fit. Zoe potentially having maximum support around her isnā€™t a thing to witch over, I wish every woman had it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have a friend whoā€™s Mum is a post-natal nurse. Works with a family for 6 weeks or so and basically sets up a routine for the parents, helps look after the baby including at night etc. She makes a lot of money and normally only does it for very wealthy people.

Reactions: 10
Feel like I can already hear Alfie saying what a ā€œchillā€ baby she is ā€¦ šŸ¤¢

I donā€™t think they will show any reality when it comes to the baby or any harder moments. Theyā€™ll 100% make it out like everything is so miraculously easy all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also, birth Doulaā€™s and postnatal doulas are the same, you just might hire them for one aspect as opposed to both. Although if youā€™ve hired a birth doula the package will usually include at least 1 post natal visit.

Iā€™m not into this whole critique of how Zoe will cope during 4th trimester. 4th trimester, especially first time round, is a tit show of hormones, sleep deprivation, the reality being different to what you expected. Iā€™m of the opinion every woman that gives birth is a god damned goddess and more power to her for getting through labour and 4th trimester however she sees fit. Zoe potentially having maximum support around her isnā€™t a thing to witch over, I wish every woman had it.
Well said!!! The 4th trimester is bloody hard šŸ˜­

Reactions: 6
Feel like I can already hear Alfie saying what a ā€œchillā€ baby she is ā€¦ šŸ¤¢
For sure!!! Saying what a ā€˜bloody good sleeperā€™ she is or something along those lines!!

Well said!!! The 4th trimester is bloody hard šŸ˜­
I actually canā€™t believe I got through it in lockdown with zero support and help!!! Talk about into the fire šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know every relationship is different, but the evident difference between Joe and Dianne in Joes vlogs and Zoe and Alfie in any video. Joe and Dianne seem so genuinely happy with so much chemistry. Zoe and Alfie give ā€œI found my love in high school and now Iā€™m miserable but itā€™s all I knowā€ vibes.

Reactions: 36
"Ayoooooo you goise, juss makin a cheeky lil nappy run. Isn't that just the weirdest thing. A year later and still can't believe I'm a dad. Just think that our yittle guhl will we wearing them? So sick. Not gonna lie guys, she licherlly does NOT cry after a poo? Or when she's hungry? Or at night? Honestly guys after readin so so many of your sick and awesome messages, I think me and Zoey really just lucked out with awuh dawwwwtuh."

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.