Zoe Sugg #33 ADont do anything for free haha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or has her hair suddenly got longer? She must have had extensions put in, although she didn't post about it, which she normally does and it's not like she has anything else to post about at the moment... In the story where she's talking about her voice it looks so long!

I really hate long hair on her now. It didn't look *too* bad back in circa 2014, when she could at least cling on to her youth. But now it just drowns her! She goes on about being tiny and yet insists on being about 50% hair. Half of it is covering her face. And the weight of it means she's got absolutely no volume, so she is being dragged down by her hair! Doesn't help the droopy face situation.
She has the extensions back in and she did talk about it in her stories

This video came up in my recommendations so I watched it .. and oh my f*cking god .. she mentions "little" with eeeevery single clothing item she wears! Her little dress and her little slippers with her little sunglasses that fit her little peahead. What is wrong with her !?!?! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

This video came up in my recommendations so I watched it .. and oh my f*cking god .. she mentions "little" with eeeevery single clothing item she wears! Her little dress and her little slippers with her little sunglasses that fit her little peahead. What is wrong with her !?!?! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Okay so I just watched the first 5 minutes of this video because I apparently have nothing better to do with my life... She says 'little' 11 times in the first five minutes alone!!!! She says it in a way that describes something as 'cutesy', rather than the actual item being small (although it is Zoe so yanno...).

If you ever need to get drunk, watch this video and take a a shot every time she says 'little'!!!

• Haha
She has the extensions back in and she did talk about it in her stories

I know that video is just a big long ad but her style was so much better back then

Reactions: 11
I also think her mental health will suffer. She has already said she's worried about getting things done, reading up on everything and thats nothing compared to having a newborn you have to look after. Although Im sure Amanda will be doing all the hard parts Zoe will just coo and feed her if she not too tired.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if she's built to worry about anyone but herself. I'm not a mother, so I don't know, maybe the hormones during birth do something and then the oxytocin released that bonds you to your baby does something further. But Zoe's anxiety all centers around herself. I've never even heard her discuss anxiety over the state of the world, the country, anything beyond her "little" self. So... is she actually going to worry for her daughter? She claims to be worried now, about things not getting done, but she's not worried enough to eat healthy, move, prepare. So, yeah, I don't know guys. I'm sure she'll have anxiety attacks but not about the baby, about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder if she's built to worry about anyone but herself. I'm not a mother, so I don't know, maybe the hormones during birth do something and then the oxytocin released that bonds you to your baby does something further. But Zoe's anxiety all centers around herself. I've never even heard her discuss anxiety over the state of the world, the country, anything beyond her "little" self. So... is she actually going to worry for her daughter? She claims to be worried now, about things not getting done, but she's not worried enough to eat healthy, move, prepare. So, yeah, I don't know guys. I'm sure she'll have anxiety attacks but not about the baby, about herself.
I think it's a little unfair to say that her anxiety centres around herself, and that she doesn't have anxiety over the state of world (etc.). I have anxiety and I am aware of the the concerning state of the world. But when my anxiety is at its worst, I don't have the mental capacity to worry about external factors that are - for the most part - outside of my control. And I understand that it may seem selfish and show my privilege, but anxiety is more than being scared to speak in front of people or worrying about what they might think about you. It's an irrational fear or sudden panic which is often unprovoked. It affects your ability to think or act rationally, and sometimes function normally in your daily life.

To worry about oneself and to have anxiety are two different things.

I feel like anxiety about the state of the world is more of a concern and a worry, rather than something that affects you mentally and physically, but please correct me if I am wrong. I know, for example, that there is such a thing as eco-grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think it's a little unfair to say that her anxiety centres around herself, and that she doesn't have anxiety over the state of world (etc.). I have anxiety and I am aware of the the concerning state of the world. But when my anxiety is at its worst, I don't have the mental capacity to worry about external factors that are - for the most part - outside of my control. And I understand that it may seem selfish and show my privilege, but anxiety is more than being scared to speak in front of people or worrying about what they might think about you. It's an irrational fear or sudden panic which is often unprovoked. It affects your ability to think or act rationally, and sometimes function normally in your daily life.

I feel like anxiety about the state of the world is more of a concern and a worry, rather than something that affects you mentally and physically, but please correct me if I am wrong. I know, for example, that there is such a thing as eco-grief.
I think it depends on the person, none of us can really know what her anxiety centers on or what her thought processes are. My health anxiety is debilitating and for the most part, is pretty much all I think about. However, I am very passionate about the environment/animals and still take actions to protect them where I can/whilst being quite vocal about the issues. But on the other hand, alot of the issues like lets say Palestine at the moment, I honestly know nothing about. I accept that is significant privilege on my behalf but I honestly don't have it in me right now to take on any more worry. It doesn't mean if confronted with the realities I wouldn't care, but equally, from an outsiders perspective it probably looks like I don't. I'm sure even Zoe as selfish as she may seem does have some other issues she cares about other than herself, but I can equally see how from our perspective it doesn't much look like it.

Reactions: 10

I knew I was getting myself in hot water over my comment because I used the word anxiety. I didn't mean her actual anxiety disorder. I meant the normal concern/worries/anxieties we ALL have, whether we also have an anxiety disorder or not.

I have GAD, so believe me, I know what anxiety is. I've landed in hospital a couple of times with an anxiety attack, so no need to explain irrational, unprovoked, etc. And I would say that I have personally gone into an anxiety attack over world events, like the fires in Australia last year, COVID obviously. Anything can be a trigger, so why the hell wouldn't big, life changing, humanity-as-a-whole concerning events be any different? So yeah, can't imagine Zoe even crying about and going into an actual anxiety attack, say, the homelessness crises in the UK. Or even mentioning it, ffs. Sorry, just can't see her caring about anything beyond the tip of her nose.

What I was talking about though is normal anxiety, not disease anxiety, or worry or concern, if you prefer the word anxiety is not used, over anything but herself. Has Zoe even discussed ANY of the MANY human rights, social, health crises in the past year? Nah. All she cares about is herself, her stuff, flogging stuff so her viewers continue to make her rich while she gives nothing back, not even well edited vlogs.

If your argument is that because she has a mental health disorder she can't also worry about things other than herself... well, most of us human beings do have empathy for others even in the throes of a mental health illness.

And I hear it, on the feeling you can't take any more and you're at capacity. But the thing is, most of us don't have a 9 million follower platform. Most of us, don't spend our days watching telly and occassionally jumping on social media to get paid some people's yearly salary for one meager blog post. She could be doing so much more but she just plain doesn't care. And she hides behind her (very real, not knocking her on this) anxiety disorder and as someone with anxiety disorder, and a full time job, and a side hustle, and humanitarian interests, and charity work, and a life outside the four walls of my house, it pisses me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's getting beyond ridiculous now. Pregnancy is all she talks about. I know most new mums love to talk about their precious bundles of joy to anyone who will listen, but c'mon Zoe, you haven't even pushed her out yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She's getting beyond ridiculous now. Pregnancy is all she talks about. I know most new mums love to talk about their precious bundles of joy to anyone who will listen, but c'mon Zoe, you haven't even pushed her out yet.
And in the most inane way, too. Like, there's nothing that, if you were pregnant too, you'd be able to learn or get from watching Zoe. She discusses nothing of substance. But hey, let's watch her belly wobble with the baby kicking for the 500th time!

Reactions: 13
I knew I was getting myself in hot water over my comment because I used the word anxiety. I didn't mean her actual anxiety disorder. I meant the normal concern/worries/anxieties we ALL have, whether we also have an anxiety disorder or not.

I have GAD, so believe me, I know what anxiety is. I've landed in hospital a couple of times with an anxiety attack, so no need to explain irrational, unprovoked, etc. And I would say that I have personally gone into an anxiety attack over world events, like the fires in Australia last year, COVID obviously. Anything can be a trigger, so why the hell wouldn't big, life changing, humanity-as-a-whole concerning events be any different? So yeah, can't imagine Zoe even crying about and going into an actual anxiety attack, say, the homelessness crises in the UK. Or even mentioning it, ffs. Sorry, just can't see her caring about anything beyond the tip of her nose.

What I was talking about though is normal anxiety, not disease anxiety, or worry or concern, if you prefer the word anxiety is not used, over anything but herself. Has Zoe even discussed ANY of the MANY human rights, social, health crises in the past year? Nah. All she cares about is herself, her stuff, flogging stuff so her viewers continue to make her rich while she gives nothing back, not even well edited vlogs.

If your argument is that because she has a mental health disorder she can't also worry about things other than herself... well, most of us human beings do have empathy for others even in the throes of a mental health illness.

And I hear it, on the feeling you can't take any more and you're at capacity. But the thing is, most of us don't have a 9 million follower platform. Most of us, don't spend our days watching telly and occassionally jumping on social media to get paid some people's yearly salary for one meager blog post. She could be doing so much more but she just plain doesn't care. And she hides behind her (very real, not knocking her on this) anxiety disorder and as someone with anxiety disorder, and a full time job, and a side hustle, and humanitarian interests, and charity work, and a life outside the four walls of my house, it pisses me off.
I 100% agree with you here. All of these influencers and people who are famous for doing basically F all and spend they're days pointing a camera at themselves have the most time out of everybody to highlight issues going in in the world, to volunteer for different causes, but most of them don't. And I think that's sad. Especially when most of their fans are teenagers.

And in the most inane way, too. Like, there's nothing that, if you were pregnant too, you'd be able to learn or get from watching Zoe. She discusses nothing of substance. But hey, let's watch her belly wobble with the baby kicking for the 500th time!
Yeah so true. Everyday it's just:

Look at my bump
OMG look at my bump
Guys..look at my bump

I just want to scream, from the Netherlands allll the way to Brighton: "BEING PREGNANT IS NOT A PERSONALITY TRAIT!!!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I just want to scream, from the Netherlands allll the way to Brighton: "BEING PREGNANT IS NOT A PERSONALITY TRAIT!!!"
Oooh, let's make a list of things that ARE NOT a personality trait so that Holly can read them to Zoe:

- Being pregnant
- Being "tiny", "little"
- Being thin
- Loving Christmas
- Eating junk all day, every day
- Liking Harry Potter
- Liking Gavin and Stacey
- Being a "90s kid"
- Baths
- Singing off-key with your bestie while he fawns over you
- Being ignorant
- Cheese boards
- Celebrating your birthday as if it's a national holiday
- Having Ridiculous fondant cakes gifted to you
- Cutting up pastries into three to force your friends to share
- Pizza ovens
- Liking Autumn
- Liking Halloween
- Watching 80s-90s movies

I'm sure I'm missing many.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
tw: mental health and pregnancy loss

I had a bad 16 week midwife appointment today, firstly it was over the phone so the things like blood pressure checks and urine won’t be done until 24 weeks but ANYWAY I digress.

I mentioned my mental health to the midwife, as I am suffering with anxiety following the loss of a previous pregnancy. I was told that I just need to “live with this” and that “it’s going to get worse as the pregnancy progresses, so I just need to learn to deal with it”

Ive done a lot of fundraising for Tommy’s, the baby loss charity, and am quite open about my experiences and have had messages from people saying thank you for not being afraid to speak up about pre natal mental health etc. I only have 160 followers. Imagine the amazing impact that would be had about speaking about topics like this with Zoe’s following!! The opportunities to share about pre natal mental health and to combat some of the myths surrounding pregnancy and symptoms. (For example, making it clear that you shouldn’t feel guilty for not enjoying pregnancy or not glowing etc or not being excited!)

But no... it’s all poor diet, free stuff she can afford and stupid adverts.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
tw: mental health and pregnancy loss

I had a bad 16 week midwife appointment today, firstly it was over the phone so the things like blood pressure checks and urine won’t be done until 24 weeks but ANYWAY I digress.

I mentioned my mental health to the midwife, as I am suffering with anxiety following the loss of a previous pregnancy. I was told that I just need to “live with this” and that “it’s going to get worse as the pregnancy progresses, so I just need to learn to deal with it”

Ive done a lot of fundraising for Tommy’s, the baby loss charity, and am quite open about my experiences and have had messages from people saying thank you for not being afraid to speak up about pre natal mental health etc. I only have 160 followers. Imagine the amazing impact that would be had about speaking about topics like this with Zoe’s following!! The opportunities to share about pre natal mental health and to combat some of the myths surrounding pregnancy and symptoms. (For example, making it clear that you shouldn’t feel guilty for not enjoying pregnancy or not glowing etc or not being excited!)

But no... it’s all poor diet, free stuff she can afford and stupid adverts.
I'm sorry you had a bad appointment :( I hope things improve from here on. It's honestly shocking to hear your experience but also not at all suprising. The lack of preventative healthcare/mental health support in our society is honestly shocking. To be honest that's something I keep thinking about with Zoe, I'd like to think her healthcare advisors were discussing the importance of diet and gentle exercise with her so either they aren't (which in itself is terrible) or she's completely ignoring it (also terrible).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You just know when the baby’s born, she’ll believe being a mum is also a personality trait and if you’re not talking about your kids for even a second, it makes you a bad parent 🤦🏼‍♀️ Turning one of the not mansion rooms in a full time classroom. I could see it happening

Reactions: 19
Oooh, let's make a list of things that ARE NOT a personality trait so that Holly can read them to Zoe:

- Being pregnant
- Being "tiny", "little"
- Being thin
- Loving Christmas
- Eating junk all day, every day
- Liking Harry Potter
- Liking Gavin and Stacey
- Being a "90s kid"
- Baths
- Singing off-key with your bestie while he fawns over you
- Being ignorant
- Cheese boards
- Celebrating your birthday as if it's a national holiday
- Having Ridiculous fondant cakes gifted to you
- Cutting up pastries into three to force your friends to share
- Pizza ovens
- Liking Autumn
- Liking Halloween
- Watching 80s-90s movies

I'm sure I'm missing many.

FFS, this felt like a personal attack, I need to get a bleeping hobby 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14

does she want to stick her back forward any more?!
Also "what did you love most about the second trimester?" shut upppp

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Okay, but why didn't she post a photo from today to "document the bump" ( :sick: ). She could still post one of those pictures from 3 weeks ago with a photo from today, or is she that lazy pregnant that it's too much bother to take a photo as well as write a paragraph of drivel?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.