Zoe Sugg #27 New year same boring Zzzoella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she recognizes she’s having a bad mental health spiral but I highly doubt she is attributing it to her relationship with Alfie or anything like that. She always instead assumes it’s because she’s ~taking on too much~ (Although in this case I’m guessing she’s saying it’s due to COVID), or whatever and that the solution is to do less and stop working and “put herself first”. She often just sees her issues as being about how the world wants too much of her or is mean to her, and not really about her intimate environment or her own coping mechanisms.
Yepppppp. Every time her mental health gets worse she doesn't engage in any self-reflection, she just blames it all on outside sources and digs her hole deeper.

Reactions: 10
Sometimes the problem with people like Zoe they’re surrounded by yes people and it’s not help to them at all

Reactions: 14
Sometimes the problem with people like Zoe they’re surrounded by yes people and it’s not help to them at all
Completely agree! I can’t imagine how she and Alfie work as a couple. He is so outgoing, says yes to everything, loves to travel, chats to anyone and tries everything. Were as Zoe is the complete opposite, it must be frustrating and take a toll on their relationship (he’s still a wanker)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It's also obvious to me that she derives some perks from keeping herself from getting out of said spiral. Why else would she remain with a therapist that clearly has reached the end of the rope in how much she can help Zoe?
I'm with you. I had CBD about 10 years ago, and it was very much "you have to put in the work". I had basically homework to do every week, keep a diary every day, and show you were taking steps to improve. Some things needed big changes, like moving away and other things just took work at changing how you thought about things, like not taking things personally or knowing your limits. The waiting list for therapy is insanely long and private is so expensive. It's hard, very hard, I think it frustrates people that she has the best resources available and doesn't seem to be able to do anything with it.

Reactions: 17
I'm with you. I had CBD about 10 years ago, and it was very much "you have to put in the work". I had basically homework to do every week, keep a diary every day, and show you were taking steps to improve. Some things needed big changes, like moving away and other things just took work at changing how you thought about things, like not taking things personally or knowing your limits. The waiting list for therapy is insanely long and private is so expensive. It's hard, very hard, I think it frustrates people that she has the best resources available and doesn't seem to be able to do anything with it.
I have also done CBT and agree 100%!

Reactions: 5
Agree! She wouldn't need to wait for ages for an NHS spot or worry about how she'd pay for private sessions. She could just do it, which is frustrating. It doesn't negate what she goes through with her mental health but it's so upsetting to watch.

Reactions: 9
It's also obvious to me that she derives some perks from keeping herself from getting out of said spiral. Why else would she remain with a therapist that clearly has reached the end of the rope in how much she can help Zoe?

It happened to me, I started out with a therapist (Ericksonian Hypnosis) and it helped massively when I was having panic attacks that literally landed me in the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack. But after a year, I was better but I wasn't getting better-er, for lack of a better word haha. So I switched therapists, did CBT and that helped me move further along in my health journey. It doesn't mean I never ever get anxiety or anything anymore, I do, but now I have two different techniques/toolboxes. And I'm better than I am when I was just going to the same therapist.

She just stays with the same lady who clearly can't help her beyond what she's already done. To me, this says that at some level, Zoe is comfortable and obtaining perks from her attacks. Alfie probably pays more attention to her. People don't demand she be responsible and hard working. Etc.
Yes, I’ve been through about 4 rounds of therapy, two of those CBT. It’s a constant uphill battle but I cope much better nowadays too.
And I won’t lie, I so desperately wanted to stay the person I was, I wanted people to give me a break and I wanted to blame my childhood for everything and I did fester in it for a long while. It’s just recognising that within yourself and the willingness to change.

You can’t do it until you’re ready to let that part of your life go though and she’s a hardcore hoarder, I can imagine she really, really doesn’t want to let it go.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven't posted on this thread in ages! I see Zoe is still doing the same old boring things. I just saw this on The Sun online https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13888276/youtuber-zoella-dropped-from-school-syllabus/ all because she posted a review on a vibrator!
Yeah that’s kinda sad really, I think students should be allowed to learn about these things in a safer environment and be educated correctly. We need to stop making things like masturbation so taboo for teenagers. I mean.. I was fully aware of what sex toys were at age 16 lol and avoiding these subjects only cause more harm.
It’s such an avoidable article as well, it’s just a bit weird.

Reactions: 35
Oh gosh, I didn't even know she was on the curriculum!

Is the last picture in that article her, or her waxwork? 😂

Reactions: 10
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.