Zoe Sugg #27 New year same boring Zzzoella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha they’ve actually used a picture of her waxwork. Je suis dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also to add... I can semi understand it from the perspective of some pupils/teachers/parents who attend catholic/CofE schools or who simply come from a more religious background. Probably easier to remove her than potentially upset people from those backgrounds.

(I do say this as a person who went to catholic high school in the early 2000’s there wasn’t even a sniff of anything that suggested sex before marriage. Our new music teacher wanted to do grease as a school production that idea was swiftly thrown away)

Reactions: 3
On the Zoella IG they are asking Name one thing you hope to achieve this year? and Zoe said ' take a bit more me time' is she taking the piss? how much bloody Me time does she want? :oops: :mad:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
On the Zoella IG they are asking Name one thing you hope to achieve this year? and Zoe said ' take a bit more me time' is she taking the piss? how much bloody Me time does she want? :oops: :mad:
Maybe she’s finally gonna socially distance herself from Alfie

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Instead of five midday baths and pamper sessions a week she wants to go for seven 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Honestly I don’t see why she doesn’t get out her vlogging camera and just sit down and tell everyone how she’s been feeling. 1. People could relate to her and not feel alone. 2. She would be opening up to viewers and they will get to know her. 3. She might feel better for having her viewers to talk to (who she claims she loves)

Reactions: 25
Surely all of 2020 was Me time for her?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just want to know what was going on in her mind when it came to charging her fans £50 for one cookie cutter, a room spray, some confetti and a notepad🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She literally says this every year. Not even joking, I'm sure someone has screenshots lol. You would have think she would have caught on by now that that mindset hasn't really helped her much

Reactions: 19
She literally says this every year. Not even joking, I'm sure someone has screenshots lol. You would have think she would have caught on by now that that mindset hasn't really helped her much
Exactly, I was just going to say this! I swear every year she does this pointed thing about putting HERSELF first and spending more time on HER and taking me time. She always does this! Again it goes back to her idea that any stress or difficulty is because everyone expects so much of her and she works too hard and gives too much of herself.

I noticed that when she did that photo thing where she posted when her mental health was best, and she posted a throwback to summer 2019, she attributed it to something along the lines of not caring what people thought~. But most people here noticed she was doing well at the time because she started her own fitness routine, was setting goals, challenging herself to go new places, and Alfie wasn’t around for a while. But no Zoe... it’s because you didn’t care anymore about the mean world and your scandals or whatever.

Reactions: 25
Fully support her response to the BBC articles about the zoella blog being dropped from GCSE curriculum. It shouldn’t have been on there in the first place and there are plenty of other articles that could potentially be considered “inappropriate” for teens

Reactions: 60
Fully support her response to the BBC articles about the zoella blog being dropped from GCSE curriculum. It shouldn’t have been on there in the first place and there are plenty of other articles that could potentially be considered “inappropriate” for teens
Just jumped on this thread to see what the response was and couldn’t agree more! Think she responded really well.

Reactions: 39
I like her response too - shame we don’t see more of this Zoe! But I would say - it’s all well and good saying your demographic is 25-35 year olds but where was that awareness when you were making the advent calendar and cordially invited where you literally told people how to make a ham sandwich?!

Reactions: 64
I agree with what she’s saying on her Instagram but at the same time she has to take some responsibility for the brand she’s developed, which certainly has always been geared to younger girls. She can’t suddenly decide to start acting like a 30 year old woman when it’s convenient.
100% female masturbation should be normalised but if she feels so strongly about this then why has she never spoken about it on her main channel instead of hiding behind her “team of women” on her blog?

ETA: I also think she’s missing the point a bit here. I’m assuming it was some kind of English curriculum it’s been dropped from, which is not really where sex education should be taught anyway... it’s completely separate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 39
I came on here to say I really liked her response as well - though it is now obvious how much she always hated being known as 'Zoella' who panders to teenagers. Shows how she really only did it because it brought good money, and now she wants nothing to do with it anymore.

Reactions: 33
Totally agree with the sentiment and the message about female pleasure but I’m also not entirely sure what she’s upset about exactly? (the part about female pleasure was an afterthought on her stories, not the main thing she was complaining about).

They’re just reporting that her content has been removed from the exam due to the vibrator post. Were any of the articles actually criticising her for making more adult content?

Also I know she wants to not be known as having a teen audience, so maybe stop writing books for a teen audience?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I agree with what she’s saying on her Instagram but at the same time she has to take some responsibility for the brand she’s developed, which certainly has always been geared to younger girls. She can’t suddenly decide to start acting like a 30 year old woman when it’s convenient.
100% female masturbation should be normalised but if she feels so strongly about this then why has she never spoken about it on her main channel instead of hiding behind her “team of women” on her blog?

ETA: I also think she’s missing the point a bit here. I’m assuming it was some kind of English curriculum it’s been dropped from, which is not really where sex education should be taught anyway... it’s completely separate?
I agree she should have made the transition to a more adult audience ages ago. Hopefully she uses this as the drive towards it, I feel like this is an opportunity now that she shouldn’t miss.

Otherwise I believe it was media studies and I think it’s just up to personal preference and beliefs obviously but I think sex education would be best taught across the board rather than just one big awkward lesson. Gives more room to talk about subjects such as pleasure as well as the egg, Fallopian tube and penis speak.

Reactions: 15
I wasn't even aware she was on the GCSE curriculum, I just looked at it was for Media Studies which my school doesn't teach so that makes sense. I do think though that the tabloids/media just love a Zoella scandal, the curriculum gets adapted and changed every year or at least fairly often for every subject and it doesn't make the news. And the exam boards would have just done it probably to avoid parent backlash.

Personally, I don't see why it couldn't be studied as part of the learning itself, students could discuss the public's varying reactions to her changing her brand and trying to re-market herself from a teen influencer to someone who makes adult women's content, and look at the changes she made to her branding. And the vibrator example could be a perfect example to look at from an actual 'media studies' point of view.

But I do agree with Zoe that she wasn't making content with the intention of teenagers learning about it in school, so I can understand why she's pissed because the media have jumped on it when she never even claimed that her content was suitable for this.

Reactions: 13
i actually agree with zoe sex should be talked about being enjoyable for women its not a just to pleasure men women want to enjoy it to the thing is aswell parents don't want to talk about anything to do with being sexual like toys, masuterbating. sex in general and your body if people actually talked to their kids about sex it could result in less teenage pregnancys cause they know more about being safe when having sex and how sex is about both of you not just him and dont do anything you don't want to just for the person your having sex with does like it

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.