Zoe Sugg #27 New year same boring Zzzoella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Controversial opinion... I actually kind of respect Zoe for that story earlier. She really doesn’t look good. Get the vibe that she’s probably gone through an existential crisis over lockdown - realising that Alf is uninterested, her family are not happy with being shelved, friends were using her, she lost her niche and audience relationship.

Not saying I’m sympathetic, man she’s driven me wild will all the narcissism. But today gave me a little bit of hope that maybe she’s realising how shallow and false it’s all been, and at least she’s not pretending everything’s perfect when it’s clear she’s going through a “what’s the point in this” phase

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Taking time out from what? she does duck all anyway.
She isn’t off social media at all, she lurks about all day bumming posts from the likes of The Hinch. Just like she wasn’t off it on that pathetic digital detox day which was basically the IRL Lush Bathbomb shill.

It’s an attempt at making people back off her so she isn’t expected to do ANYTHING creative. If she doesn’t want to do this “job” anymore then she needs to just address it head on and stop bleeping flip flopping with uploads that are 90% ads.

Reactions: 16
Might just be me but it really bugs me when youtubers like Zoe constantly talk about how bad their mental health is and anxiety and stuff. Wtf has she got to be anxious about? She lives in a multi million pound mansion for god sake. All she has to do is post a couple of insta pics and her mortgage is probably paid for the month (assuming she has one, it’s probably all paid off). When she uploaded the video crying saying it all gets too much, WHAT DOES? WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO besides sit in front of a bleeping camera, chat tit for 20 mins, get on iMovie then upload it. You’ve hired everyone to do majority of the work for you! Try working a 8-6 job and then losing it in the middle of a pandemic not knowing if you can make your next bill payments with a baby on the way but aww it all gets too much for you millionaires x my heart bleeds for you
This is not it. I suffer awful anxiety, and could be seen as being comfortable in life. I woke up to a panic attack this morning, couldn't get out of be until 4pm and my fiancé had to look after me.

Literally nothing happened, aside from my decision to leave the washing up until this morning (he cooks, I wash up) and that's probably what triggered me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This is not it. I suffer awful anxiety, and could be seen as being comfortable in life. I woke up to a panic attack this morning, couldn't get out of be until 4pm and my fiancé had to look after me.

Literally nothing happened, aside from my decision to leave the washing up until this morning (he cooks, I wash up) and that's probably what triggered me.
Ignorance is bliss hey... always here if you need someone who understands ❤ Even though Zoe infuriates me I do feel for her and her anxiety. GP’s/doctors need to do more for people with mental health issues 😌😌😌

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

I hope you're feeling better now, I know how much panic attacks take it out of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

i hope you are doing okay ❤
Please ignore that rude reply from above!! It wasnt needed!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I'm really sorry to hear that, dear. I hope you are feeling a little better. Just know i'm proud you have made it this far and that you have made it through the day. I'm really glad to have you here. Sending you lots of warmth and comfort
💌💕

• Heart
She isn’t off social media at all, she lurks about all day bumming posts from the likes of The Hinch. Just like she wasn’t off it on that pathetic digital detox day which was basically the IRL Lush Bathbomb shill.

It’s an attempt at making people back off her so she isn’t expected to do ANYTHING creative. If she doesn’t want to do this “job” anymore then she needs to just address it head on and stop bleeping flip flopping with uploads that are 90% ads.
Oh of course its just her excuse not to upload a vlog. #lazyAFgirlboss

Has it ever been mentioned if Zoe and Alfie did have children, whether they would post them online? Can imagine Alfie would want to post the child everywhere for the content and be like a dad vlogger but Zoe would want to keep their face hidden.

Has it ever been mentioned if Zoe and Alfie did have children, whether they would post them online? Can imagine Alfie would want to post the child everywhere for the content and be like a dad vlogger but Zoe would want to keep their face hidden.
I remember in a super old video once that Alfie said he wouldn’t want to have his kids in videos online. Like he didn’t want to upload videos of them. But this was years ago. I can’t remember if Zoe said anything.

Reactions: 5
I remember in a super old video once that Alfie said he wouldn’t want to have his kids in videos online. Like he didn’t want to upload videos of them. But this was years ago. I can’t remember if Zoe said anything.
To be fair, almost every influencer who says they won't show their child soon changes their tune once they realise the brand deals they can get, along with the need to cling onto relevance by rebranding themselves as a mum of instagram (Fleurdeforce for example). Can imagine alfie would soon end up doing cringy dad pranks on his kid and loads of "child tries X for the first time" etcetc

Reactions: 40
Controversial opinion... I actually kind of respect Zoe for that story earlier. She really doesn’t look good. Get the vibe that she’s probably gone through an existential crisis over lockdown - realising that Alf is uninterested, her family are not happy with being shelved, friends were using her, she lost her niche and audience relationship.

Not saying I’m sympathetic, man she’s driven me wild will all the narcissism. But today gave me a little bit of hope that maybe she’s realising how shallow and false it’s all been, and at least she’s not pretending everything’s perfect when it’s clear she’s going through a “what’s the point in this” phase
what was her post

Reactions: 1
Ignorance is bliss hey... always here if you need someone who understands ❤ Even though Zoe infuriates me I do feel for her and her anxiety. GP’s/doctors need to do more for people with mental health issues 😌😌😌
unfortunately doctors are strained yes they can help but all they can do is refer you or give you meds but with mental health services being cut left right and center unless you go private you have to wait for nhs appointments i know ive been threw my doctors for mental health and ive had to wait months for an assessment and this was pre covid

Reactions: 4
Ah, she's taking time off because lockdown is so hard and "whatever energy she can muster" goes into *writing* the second Magpie book. Please. When is she going to give up that "I'm a writer" farce?
Ffs. The lack of self awareness is incredible! Yea lockdown is hard but you know what’s harder? Working through it. But don’t worry Zoe, you absolute trouper. You keep telling yourself that phoning Amy with ideas and getting her to string them into intelligible sentences is hard.
Read the room you absoute bog gremlin.

Edit: now can I just say as someone with MH issues, I know we’re all struggling in some way or another. Some days we’re fine. Others are like wading through treacle but the majority of us are trying to keep busy, keep a routine and practice mentally and physically healthy habits. Having someone with Zoe’s reach and means not trying to use their platform positively makes me so mad. And let’s be honest here: we all know how bone idle she is even without a pandemic. She’s just leaning into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
For someone with 12 million subscribers Even her #AD'S are lazy and boring, just look at InTheFrows adverts they are brill.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I can’t get over that the zoella channel that hasn’t had anything uploaded to it for over 2 years still has 10 million subscribers.

Reactions: 20
Ffs. The lack of self awareness is incredible! Yea lockdown is hard but you know what’s harder? Working through it. But don’t worry Zoe, you absolute trouper. You keep telling yourself that phoning Amy with ideas and getting her to string them into intelligible sentences is hard.
Read the room you absoute bog gremlin.

Edit: now can I just say as someone with MH issues, I know we’re all struggling in some way or another. Some days we’re fine. Others are like wading through treacle but the majority of us are trying to keep busy, keep a routine and practice mentally and physically healthy habits. Having someone with Zoe’s reach and means not trying to use their platform positively makes me so mad. And let’s be honest here: we all know how bone idle she is even without a pandemic. She’s just leaning into it.
I hear you. I don't doubt Zoe has been feeling anxious and depressed. I don't question the validity of this. You can be the most successful, richest, most beautiful human in the world living in the nicest place and your brain can still tell you that you're worthless or make you feel like the walls are caving in. So I don't begrudge her that. But I do begrudge how she doesn't actually try to use her platform for good. It does help a bit that she brings visibility to MH issues, but she's just so... aimless. She has employees, she wouldn't even need to do a lot herself, just create good "content" to use that word she loves so much.

Reactions: 14
I think she recognizes she’s having a bad mental health spiral but I highly doubt she is attributing it to her relationship with Alfie or anything like that. She always instead assumes it’s because she’s ~taking on too much~ (Although in this case I’m guessing she’s saying it’s due to COVID), or whatever and that the solution is to do less and stop working and “put herself first”. She often just sees her issues as being about how the world wants too much of her or is mean to her, and not really about her intimate environment or her own coping mechanisms.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think she recognizes she’s having a bad mental health spiral but I highly doubt she is attributing it to her relationship with Alfie or anything like that. She always instead assumes it’s because she’s ~taking on too much~ (Although in this case I’m guessing she’s saying it’s due to COVID), or whatever and that the solution is to do less and stop working and “put herself first”. She often just sees her issues as being about how the world wants too much of her or is mean to her, and not really about her intimate environment or her own coping mechanisms.
It's also obvious to me that she derives some perks from keeping herself from getting out of said spiral. Why else would she remain with a therapist that clearly has reached the end of the rope in how much she can help Zoe?

It happened to me, I started out with a therapist (Ericksonian Hypnosis) and it helped massively when I was having panic attacks that literally landed me in the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack. But after a year, I was better but I wasn't getting better-er, for lack of a better word haha. So I switched therapists, did CBT and that helped me move further along in my health journey. It doesn't mean I never ever get anxiety or anything anymore, I do, but now I have two different techniques/toolboxes. And I'm better than I am when I was just going to the same therapist.

She just stays with the same lady who clearly can't help her beyond what she's already done. To me, this says that at some level, Zoe is comfortable and obtaining perks from her attacks. Alfie probably pays more attention to her. People don't demand she be responsible and hard working. Etc.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.