Zoe Sugg #27 New year same boring Zzzoella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might sound a bit weird but I think she should change her therapist. I doubt she’s lying to them, and surely they’d look her up to see what she is doing and it just seems to me like she’s not growing. I myself used to see a therapist who wasn’t the right fit and didn’t make any progress for months, I even gave it up.
Maybe this is too much for me to say, but I don’t think that she’s getting the help she needs.
The therapist can guide her and give her advice/coping mechanisms but it isn’t her job or place to push Zoe to do anything unfortunately. Zoe said not long ago that she can manage her anxiety alot better and it isn’t as intense as it used to be, well duh if you sit on your sofa all day and don’t push outside your comfort zone you aren’t going to be anxious because there isn’t anything triggering her at the moment 😅

Reactions: 19
The therapist can guide her and give her advice/coping mechanisms but it isn’t her job or place to push Zoe to do anything unfortunately. Zoe said not long ago that she can manage her anxiety alot better and it isn’t as intense as it used to be, well duh if you sit on your sofa all day and don’t push outside your comfort zone you aren’t going to be anxious because there isn’t anything triggering her at the moment 😅
Yes, that is also very true, she’s clearly not making an effort to grow, unfortunately.
I’ve always felt weirdly about her because I hate that she’s an absolute cash-grab, but I’m sympathetic to the fact that she has anxiety. I mean those videos of hers from years ago were like the first time I ever heard someone talk openly about anxiety.

Reactions: 5
Yes, that is also very true, she’s clearly not making an effort to grow, unfortunately.
I’ve always felt weirdly about her because I hate that she’s an absolute cash-grab, but I’m sympathetic to the fact that she has anxiety. I mean those videos of hers from years ago were like the first time I ever heard someone talk openly about anxiety.
I have really bad social anxiety so I can somewhat relate to her. It is so hard mentally to push past your anxiety and the triggers but you have to no matter how much you want to faint 😅 otherwise you literally will be bed ridden. It makes me feel sorry for her that that’s what she’s doing but then she has everything available to her to help her!

Reactions: 12
I saw her story saying she watched "It's A Sin" on Christmas about Hiv/Aids in the 80s and for a split second I thought wow, she's developing range then I remembered this is Zoe Elizabeth Sugg

So thought: -
1. She had teamed up with in Ch4 to promote the show. Do you know how much of a money hungry influenzah you have to be for my mind to be scanning for #AD then believe organic content?
2. Realised it was not an AD. Then thought Mark had potentially recommended it. Because if it ain't Gavin & Stacey she ain't interested
3. An ad full stop was coming (like everyone said)

This is a hugely inappropriate comment. It places the blame on the person carrying a baby for any anomalies/miscarriage. Also massively triggering for anyone who unfortunately is in that situation. Think before you type next time.
Exactly! And the ridiculous 'not to be mean' bs in the beginning added on.

• Haha
This is the main problem with Zoe, she can afford to live in a bubble and not push herself and help her anxiety. If she wasnt a youtuber I think she would be doing WAY more stuff then she does now.

Reactions: 8
I had terrible anxiety growing up, also a fear of vomit, fear of planes (basically I’m scared of everything) It took so much work, CBT, self-reflection, discomfort and meds when necessary to get to a point where I can see things slowly changing.

There are some things in her that I get but in all her years of YouTube it really doesn’t feel like she’s trying to make progress. She’s basically cocooned herself in with all her fears. I wonder if she’s tried medication? At this point she needs to try a more varied approach to combat it I think and not do the whole “wow I feel better now I don’t need to try” thing.

Reactions: 14
Might just be me but it really bugs me when youtubers like Zoe constantly talk about how bad their mental health is and anxiety and stuff. Wtf has she got to be anxious about? She lives in a multi million pound mansion for god sake. All she has to do is post a couple of insta pics and her mortgage is probably paid for the month (assuming she has one, it’s probably all paid off). When she uploaded the video crying saying it all gets too much, WHAT DOES? WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO besides sit in front of a bleeping camera, chat tit for 20 mins, get on iMovie then upload it. You’ve hired everyone to do majority of the work for you! Try working a 8-6 job and then losing it in the middle of a pandemic not knowing if you can make your next bill payments with a baby on the way but aww it all gets too much for you millionaires x my heart bleeds for you

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
A couple of youtube scandals (and subsequent apologies) in the last few weeks have reminded me of how bad Zoe is at apologising. I'm talking about Fleur de Force's Dubai stuff and the Anna Edit's planner shipping issues. Both of them addressed the issue, explained (I think everyone has a right to give details about why they made a certain decision, as nothing is black and white) and then apologising and said they had learning to do. I'm not saying their apologies were perfect, but they were definitely there.

Zoe is simply incapable of doing that, scandal after scandal, just refuses to take any accountability or apologise. They (her and Alf) obviously believe that because she is the "biggest" youtuber, she is always going to get critism whatever she does (Alfie said this in his video about commentary channels) so she just blocks it all out. Somehow thinking she is above all criticism because she'll get it either way. That's so stupid and arrogant.
After the advent calendar, why couldn't she say that while she didn't herself decide the price, she has learnt from it and will make sure that will never happen with HER BRAND again? She loves being called a "Girl Boss", "Company Director", "owning an empire", yet can't comprehend that means you have responsibility for most of the company's decisions. You can't one day be a business women, and then the next day claim you have absolutely no involvement in the running of your own brand which you are DIRECTOR of.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I check on her every once in a while and every time I do my heart just sinks that she’s still stuck with that spoilt baboon looking twit Alfie, and suppressing her own dreams of a family in order to please him.

Reactions: 30
Might just be me but it really bugs me when youtubers like Zoe constantly talk about how bad their mental health is and anxiety and stuff. Wtf has she got to be anxious about? She lives in a multi million pound mansion for god sake. All she has to do is post a couple of insta pics and her mortgage is probably paid for the month (assuming she has one, it’s probably all paid off). When she uploaded the video crying saying it all gets too much, WHAT DOES? WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO besides sit in front of a bleeping camera, chat tit for 20 mins, get on iMovie then upload it. You’ve hired everyone to do majority of the work for you! Try working a 8-6 job and then losing it in the middle of a pandemic not knowing if you can make your next bill payments with a baby on the way but aww it all gets too much for you millionaires x my heart bleeds for you
What? Just because she has money and a new house doesn't mean she can't be anxious or depressed. I am sure she's openly spoken about having anxiety way before she was as rich and popular as she is.

Just FYI - the person who may seem like they having everything in life.. money, a good career, family and friends and also be depressed and sad. Look at Robin Williams, he always appeared happy and he was a loved Hollywood star with money and everything you could think of. He took his own life. Materialistic things mean nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
What? Just because she has money and a new house doesn't mean she can't be anxious or depressed. I am sure she's openly spoken about having anxiety way before she was as rich and popular as she is.

Just FYI - the person who may seem like they having everything in life.. money, a good career, family and friends and also be depressed and sad. Look at Robin Williams, he always appeared happy and he was a loved Hollywood star with money and everything you could think of. He took his own life. Materialistic things mean nothing.
Thank you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 You don’t pick and choose when you’re anxious and it can be for no reason at all. That comment is pure ignorance

Last edited:
Reactions: 60
I despise that comment above me that 'what has Zoe got to be anxious about'. Look we can all see she has a well cushioned life but PLEASE folks learn that there is a separation between mental health and the outward state of your lives. Think about comedians like Robin Williams who would seem so joyous, rich, successful to everyone else but who were struggling inside. I have anxiety and I often question myself to tears about why should I be anxious? There are so many good things in my life, but anxiety overlooks those. Hate to turn this into a mental health education post but anyone who is in these threads still telling influencers cant have mental health problems just because they're rich or boring or whatever needs to do some serious reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I despise that comment above me that 'what has Zoe got to be anxious about'. Look we can all see she has a well cushioned life but PLEASE folks learn that there is a separation between mental health and the outward state of your lives. Think about comedians like Robin Williams who would seem so joyous, rich, successful to everyone else but who were struggling inside. I have anxiety and I often question myself to tears about why should I be anxious? There are so many good things in my life, but anxiety overlooks those. Hate to turn this into a mental health education post but anyone who is in these threads still telling influencers cant have mental health problems just because they're rich or boring or whatever needs to do some serious reading.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Always here if you need someone who understands xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes! I don't want to go off topic but it can be really triggering to read.

I have the most amazing family, friends. I have a roof over my head and I have a stable job. My health is good too. But I too suffer my mental health. I just don't want people to read that comment and feel ashamed. Because it doesn't matter what you have and don't have in life, we should not be ashamed to feel this way

I am sending lots of love to anyone suffering, especially now with everything going on ❤ !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've tried listening to new podcast episode of Gemma Styles x Zoe on a run but it's soooo boring. It's not bad just things she always talks about and is asked on a on. Anxiety and social media

Reactions: 5
Yes the 'what has Zoe got to be anxious about' comment, well for a start we only see 10% of her life we dont know what goes on behind close doors. So as much I believe she has put herself in a bubble and doesn't push herself I wouldn't judge her personal problems by what we see on youtube IG..

Reactions: 8
Some people on this thread use whatever they can to put her down like she is a monster that has killed their son or something... But I’m glad there’re still people that will give some constructive cristicism without crossing the line. That’s at least for what I come here for.

Reactions: 24
If people were only anxious because they had a reason to be, there wouldn't be a mental health condition called anxiety. The whole point is that it is illogical and indiscriminate.

Reactions: 41
Long lasting mental health issues are usually the result of childhood trauma or some other unresolved trauma. It won’t simply be resolved by having money, a home and an easy job and it’s very vapid to think that.

It’s much harder on those who struggle financially obviously and she does have the money to afford the very best treatment but it’s not as easy as talking it through with someone, buying yourself something nice and being fixed. Not to mention the longer she leaves it the harder it will be to undo and work through because it’s so embedded in who she is.

For some people anxiety and depression is caused specifically from financial burdens, family problems and work issues and that’s hard as well but it is different from what Zoe is going through clearly.

I get we all come here to have a moan and whinge about influencers being crappy but I just feel if your gonna get that heated and bitter you need to get some help, it’s not fair to take your own grievances out on others like that.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.