Zoe Sugg #25 Thirty, dirty and still boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't find it weird saying they don't spend too much time with her family and loads with Alfies because some people *don't* have good relationships with their family. The reason it's weird is because she claims to be 'so into family' and family is 'so important'. Whenever she goes round she tries to outshine with gifts, saying how much she loves visiting her grandparents house. But then completely ignores them for the next 11 months...

Reactions: 49
I think they work with Poppy in some capacity too, some of Steve and Alexia’s IG posts are from Poppy’s office. Maybe she lets them use the space when they need or maybe the office isn’t just hers? Idk, I try not to pay much attention to Poppy lol

On another note, looking at Steve’s IG...this post reminds me a lot of someone else we all know and don’t love

who copied who though? Is Alfredo morphing into Steeeeve or vice versa?!

Reactions: 2
Hiii
I’m a long time lurker, don’t think I’ve ever posted on a Zoella thread.
Just wanted to add my two cents as far as Zoe always going to Alfie’s family’s for Christmas. My parents separated on Boxing Day when I was 20 and divorced when I was 21 so around the same time as Zoe’s parents. I then got into a relationship just before the 1st Christmas my parents were apart. For me it just makes sense to go to my boyfriends parents every year on Christmas Day and then I’ll have a Christmas with my mum and then my dad on another day because Christmas isn’t Christmas any more if that makes sense. My boyfriend’s parents are very traditional and their Christmases are so far removed from what mine were growing up that it’s a completely different experience. Both my parents have new partners which I think is maybe the same for Zoe. It’s not that I don’t like them, but to me they’re not people I feel 100% comfortable around and because I don’t want my Christmas Day to be a stressful one or a day with negative emotions (as Christmas time is an emotionally charged period based on when my parents split and how utterly tit that last Christmas was!) I don’t go to either of my parents. It’s probs not healthy to avoid it but to me it’s not worth going through the negative feelings every year. It could be the same for Zoe. It might be a bit selfish but my parents aren’t all that traditional and aren’t actually all that bothered by Christmas, also both of their partners have their own kids who stay with them for Christmas so it’s not like they’re not having a good time. It also avoids any jealousy or potential bad feelings about choosing a parent to have the actual Christmas Day with. I really miss my old Christmases and wish we could have one together again so I could feel how I used to at Christmas but it’s not going to happen. Maybe Zoe knows she can’t recreate those feelings so she’s moved on like I have, doing something different because to try to do Christmas with either of her parents would be too upsetting - we know she’s stuck in a childhood state so she might not want to accept that she’d have to have a different kind of christmas with her parents now she’s an adult and they’re not together.
Just my opinion based on my circumstances but I think there might be some comparison. FYI I’m not sticking up for Zoe, she has a lot of faults, but I don’t know if it’s good to pick on her when it comes to who she spends Christmas with.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Hiii
Just wanted to add my two cents as far as Zoe always going to Alfie’s family’s for Christmas. My parents separated on Boxing Day when I was 20 and divorced when I was 21 so around the same time as Zoe’s parents. I then got into a relationship just before the 1st Christmas my parents were apart. For me it just makes sense to go to my boyfriends parents every year on Christmas Day and then I’ll have a Christmas with my mum and then my dad on another day because Christmas isn’t Christmas any more if that makes sense. My boyfriend’s parents are very traditional and their Christmases are so far removed from what mine were growing up that it’s a completely different experience. Both my parents have new partners which I think is maybe the same for Zoe. It’s not that I don’t like them, but to me they’re not people I feel 100% comfortable around and because I don’t want my Christmas Day to be a stressful one or a day with negative emotions (as Christmas time is an emotionally charged period based on when my parents split and how utterly tit that last Christmas was!) I don’t go to either of my parents. It’s probs not healthy to avoid it but to me it’s not worth going through the negative feelings every year. It could be the same for Zoe. It might be a bit selfish but my parents aren’t all that traditional and aren’t actually all that bothered by Christmas, also both of their partners have their own kids who stay with them for Christmas so it’s not like they’re not having a good time. It also avoids any jealousy or potential bad feelings about choosing a parent to have the actual Christmas Day with. I really miss my old Christmases and wish we could have one together again so I could feel how I used to at Christmas but it’s not going to happen. Maybe Zoe knows she can’t recreate those feelings so she’s moved on like I have, doing something different because to try to do Christmas with either of her parents would be too upsetting - we know she’s stuck in a childhood state so she might not want to accept that she’d have to have a different kind of christmas with her parents now she’s an adult and they’re not together.
Just my opinion based on my circumstances but I think there might be some comparison. FYI I’m not sticking up for Zoe, she has a lot of faults, but I don’t know if it’s good to pick on her when it comes to who she spends Christmas with.
I think everyone here understands that type of situation. The way you say it, I can completely understand why you choose to spend christmas with your boyfriend's family.

Zoe, however, is that annoying type of youtuber who is just not... transparent. She could use her platform to help so many people who go through similar things, and she just does not talk about important subjects and makes it seem like everything is perfect when it's clearly not. I don't think anyone here would be calling bullshit on everything she says or does if she had ever talked about why she doesn't visit her family more often.

She could help normalize situations like this. But instead, she just creates this weird bubble where she supposedly LOVES her family and LOVES spending time with them, but never spends christmas* with them. But somehow, she wants to make us believe that everything surrounding her "is goals".

*edit: i said christmas, but I meant it in a more general way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I think everyone here understands that type of situation. The way you say it, I can completely understand why you choose to spend christmas with your boyfriend's family.

Zoe, however, is that annoying type of youtuber who is just not... transparent. She could use her platform to help so many people who go through similar things, and she just does not talk about important subjects and makes it seem like everything is perfect when it's clearly not. I don't think anyone here would be calling bullshit on everything she says or does if she had ever talked about why she doesn't visit her family more often.

She could help normalize situations like this. But instead, she just creates this weird bubble where she supposedly LOVES her family and LOVES spending time with them, but never spends christmas* with them. But somehow, she wants to make us believe that everything surrounding her "is goals".

*edit: i said christmas, but I meant it in a more general way.
I dont know about this tbh, its kind of noones business. If she spoke about it then it would potentially upset people in the family.
Also to me i think its because she clearly feels that the Deyes are her family now and when she talks about family she is akso talking sbout them who she DOES soend a lot of time with. Does that make sense??
She is super annoying and not transparent, but i understand this.

Reactions: 46
I dont know about this tbh, its kind of noones business. If she spoke about it then it would potentially upset people in the family.
Also to me i think its because she clearly feels that the Deyes are her family now and when she talks about family she is akso talking sbout them who she DOES soend a lot of time with. Does that make sense??
She is super annoying and not transparent, but i understand this.
It makes sense. It's just that she is so fake that whenever she does something slightly different and doesn't talk about it, I automatically get annoyed. My bad.

Reactions: 9
I was chatting to a mate about Zoe's writing endeavours and said that Zoe claimed to be a book worm growing up but hadn't actually finished the Harry Potter books (as I'm pretty sure I read that here). My friend didn't believe me and asked for receipts... is this true or am I imagining it? Was this in a vlog somewhere? (I've tried searching and most results are about her outselling JK Rowling looooool)

Reactions: 14
Sorry to go off track, but just rewatching her New York birthday vlog and I’m sure this has been spoken about before but I’m sure she thought Alfie was taking her to get an engagement ring when they were in the taxi, why else would she be THAT nervous and shaking about where they were going?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Did anyone find it strange when alfie use to have taylor swift I think it is was as his Lockscreen picture on his phone bc he fancied her? Obvs there’s nothing wrong with finding celebs attractive when in a relationship but idk just didn’t sit right with me that he had her has his lockscreen pic, I’d feel uncomfortable if my bf did that

Reactions: 26
Did anyone find it strange when alfie use to have taylor swift I think it is was as his Lockscreen picture on his phone bc he fancied her? Obvs there’s nothing wrong with finding celebs attractive when in a relationship but idk just didn’t sit right with me that he had her has his lockscreen pic, I’d feel uncomfortable if my bf did that
my now husband had Meghan Markle as his homescreen pic from the days she was only known for Suits, and I never really had an issue with it. Mainly because she was hardly a threat to me, and because I'm pretty sure at the time I had Jesse Williams from Greys Anatomy as mine haha. We were 17 though!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
my now husband had Meghan Markle as his homescreen pic from the days she was only known for Suits, and I never really had an issue with it. Mainly because she was hardly a threat to me, and because I'm pretty sure at the time I had Jesse Williams from Greys Anatomy as mine haha. We were 17 though!
Maybe I’m just insecure 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry to go off track, but just rewatching her New York birthday vlog and I’m sure this has been spoken about before but I’m sure she thought Alfie was taking her to get an engagement ring when they were in the taxi, why else would she be THAT nervous and shaking about where they were going?!
Yeah, she 100% thought the proposal was coming. Alfie was also talking about how he booked the restaurant from sex and the city before carrie’s (?) wedding, can’t blame her for feeling led on!

And earlier in the day, they were eating lunch and talking about how Zoe and Alfie were going to split from the group after, and Joe started asking if he was proposing, and Alfie got all giggly like no, no I’m not proposing!!! While totally loving the attention. Pan to Zoe’s face, she was SO excited, she definitely thought it was happening. Only Poppy had that look of “oh this isn’t going to go well”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Hiii
So in short- divorce sucks

But Zoe as someone said put on appearances so it would be nice if she was honest

Also when she eventually has kids will she continue this behaviour or if her and Alfie break up? The codependency with the Deyes family isn't healthy.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, she 100% thought the proposal was coming. Alfie was also talking about how he booked the restaurant from sex and the city before carrie’s (?) wedding, can’t blame her for feeling led on!

And earlier in the day, they were eating lunch and talking about how Zoe and Alfie were going to split from the group after, and Joe started asking if he was proposing, and Alfie got all giggly like no, no I’m not proposing!!! While totally loving the attention. Pan to Zoe’s face, she was SO excited, she definitely thought it was happening. Only Poppy had that look of “oh this isn’t going to go well”
He is so slimy and cruel to act like that knowing well he wasn't proposing
What was it in the end?

Reactions: 29
He is so slimy and cruel to act like that knowing well he wasn't proposing
What was it in the end?
I felt so,so upset for her. It was an expensive necklace, she actually managed to maintain her composure but you could tell she was not really into it when it wasn't a ring. I think she rarely wears it either.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Has anyone watched Alfie's latest vlog? They go to some type of light exhibition thing with Soppy. Zoe jokingly says that she will have an installation with the words "will you marry me, Alfie" and laughs awkwardly while he cackles. Then she asks what he would think if he saw that and he replies (and I kid you not) "I wouldn't think it's for me, l'd just think it was someone proposing to someone named Alfie". After they've been together for 8 years. Not months, years. And he thinks it's completely absurd to think that they would get engaged.

Sadly, Zoe joking about the proposal reminds me of a friend of mine. My friend has been strangely vocal about being against marriage for years, saying that only idiots get married and how she and her boyfriend don't need a piece of paper to be together. Only recently she admitted that she would actually want to get married but he doesn't. Apparently it's easier to pretend that she doesn't want to get married either than admit that he does not want to marry her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Has anyone watched Alfie's latest vlog? They go to some type of light exhibition thing with Soppy. Zoe jokingly says that she will have an installation with the words "will you marry me, Alfie" and laughs awkwardly while he cackles. Then she asks what he would think if he saw that and he replies (and I kid you not) "I wouldn't think it's for me, l'd just think it was someone proposing to someone named Alfie". After they've been together for 8 years. Not months, years. And he thinks it's completely absurd to think that they would get engaged.
I also think it shows a very old-school way of thinking, not being able to image Zoe proposing to him. I think he enjoys making her wait for it but in my opinion, if Zoe really wanted to get engaged, she could just pop the question herself. Though I do understand wanting a proposal (I do too, even though my partner and I don't really conform to a lot of traditions), I just find it so odd that they don't seem to be on the same page about it at all.

Sadly, Zoe joking about the proposal reminds me of a friend of mine. My friend has been strangely vocal about being against marriage for years, saying that only idiots get married and how she and her boyfriend don't need a piece of paper to be together. Only recently she admitted that she would actually want to get married but he doesn't. Apparently it's easier to pretend that she doesn't want to get married either than admit that he does not want to marry her.
what a head

I was chatting to a mate about Zoe's writing endeavours and said that Zoe claimed to be a book worm growing up but hadn't actually finished the Harry Potter books (as I'm pretty sure I read that here). My friend didn't believe me and asked for receipts... is this true or am I imagining it? Was this in a vlog somewhere? (I've tried searching and most results are about her outselling JK Rowling looooool)
100% remember this too. I think it was in one of the vlogs from new house where she was talking about books. Maybe aroound time she was promoting kindle?

Reactions: 7
It’s 2020 and nobody has to wait for a proposal. How about being adults and say to each other, hey let’s get married because we want xyz? It’s that simple, folks! Thanks to Zoe et al we’re all forced back to the 1950s with women twiddling their thumbs waiting for a man to pop the big question. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
WTF?! He really needs to grow up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.