Zoe Sugg #25 Thirty, dirty and still boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her parents divorce really did a number on her and she'd benefit from speaking about this at therapy rather than her vague "anxiety" issues. I'm in NO WAY blaming her parents for her issues I just don't think Zoe coped well. In the last few vlogs she's mentioned things her parents used to do over the holidays (like the tree from their garden thing) and I think she must likely get a bit sad over the holidays knowing that family unit and house are no longer around. I think there's a big part of her that clings to 90's nostalgia because of her family and childhood being somewhat idyllic at the time. It's still BS she claims to love family and visiting them and never goes to see them but it does also explain why she might have an aversion to it, as it brings up negative feelings.

Reactions: 44
I hadn't seen the New York birthday vlog but thought I'd take a look and oh my goodness, I've just finished it and I'm exhausted 😩 I'm sure it's all been discussed in full already but I think we'd get a full house in Typical Zoe Bingo from that video alone!

And my goodness, I think Dianne Buswell's boyfriend's sister's boyfriend's sister (and her boyfriend) may actually be the most gormless, vacant beings I've ever seen 😂 I hadn't seen much of them before but I can see why everyone here doesn't like them especially!

I think regardless of traditions, Zoe wants Alfie to be the one to pop the question. And she probably knows he wouldn't respond how she'd like if she was to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
In the first vlogmas () did anyone notice that when asked what his favourite vlogmas moment ever was, he said it was a night out that only he, Sean and Mark went on? So not even a moment that Zoe was involved in lol. And he was talking as if it was the most cRAzY THiNg EVeR that they were in a night club and Mark was dancing on a pole (pretty standard behaviour for a night out IMO).

Bless him, I think he would have rather spent his twenties getting loose and partying, but he knows he has a good thing with Zoe and doesn't want to lose it. He also seems to be nervous about getting really drunk because of his fame (getting filmed or taken advantage of) which is fair enough. I'm not suggesting there is some massive conspiracy that he resents Zoe for this and will one day snap, but it's more of an obvious sacrifice he's made for Zoe and fame.

Reactions: 28
It’s 2020 and nobody has to wait for a proposal. How about being adults and say to each other, hey let’s get married because we want xyz? It’s that simple, folks! Thanks to Zoe et al we’re all forced back to the 1950s with women twiddling their thumbs waiting for a man to pop the big question. 🙄
Yep that's what we did, been together 9 years & just assumed we'd get married without having the down on one knee moment & when he asked what i wanted for my 30th present i said a ring. Done easy as that!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can we all agree that its bs that THIS is Poppy's "job" which allows her to have a Brighton house

I bet there's some actually talented graphic designers here that will never be on that kinda pay
Screenshot_20201211-172541_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Has anyone watched Alfie's latest vlog? They go to some type of light exhibition thing with Soppy. Zoe jokingly says that she will have an installation with the words "will you marry me, Alfie" and laughs awkwardly while he cackles. Then she asks what he would think if he saw that and he replies (and I kid you not) "I wouldn't think it's for me, l'd just think it was someone proposing to someone named Alfie". After they've been together for 8 years. Not months, years. And he thinks it's completely absurd to think that they would get
I wish she’d just rip the bandaid and break up with him but I think she’s become too attached to the comfort and the routine (and to his family maybe)

Reactions: 28
This makes sense now - when Zoe was going on about doing a posey for her friend who is a florist and I was like ‘oooh who is this friend we don’t know about. A new friend?!’ But it was alexia after all. So one of her 3 friends.
Loool thought exactly the same and also she was going on about what a florist is “a real florist, like arranges flowers, like that’s what she does, it’s a job” yeeees biiih we know what a fkn florist is and we know what a job is
Can we all agree that its bs that THIS is Poppy's "job" which allows her to have a Brighton house

I bet there's some actually talented graphic designers here that will never be on that kinda payView attachment 343146
oh god it looks like it’s from Microsoft clipart

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Has anyone watched Alfie's latest vlog? They go to some type of light exhibition thing with Soppy. Zoe jokingly says that she will have an installation with the words "will you marry me, Alfie" and laughs awkwardly while he cackles. Then she asks what he would think if he saw that and he replies (and I kid you not) "I wouldn't think it's for me, l'd just think it was someone proposing to someone named Alfie". After they've been together for 8 years. Not months, years. And he thinks it's completely absurd to think that they would get engaged.

Sadly, Zoe joking about the proposal reminds me of a friend of mine. My friend has been strangely vocal about being against marriage for years, saying that only idiots get married and how she and her boyfriend don't need a piece of paper to be together. Only recently she admitted that she would actually want to get married but he doesn't. Apparently it's easier to pretend that she doesn't want to get married either than admit that he does not want to marry her.
It’s a bit like when Zoe got that fortune cookie and it said something like ‘ you will be together forever and ever’ and she basically said her mind didn’t go to Alfie when she read that!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's so clear neither of them is actually still in love with the other. I think it's extremely questionable whether honestly, deep down they even like each other anymore.

Both of them just need to get a grip and break up with each other. It might give each of them a chance at being interesting again and somewhat reviving their rapidly dying careers.

Reactions: 23
Every time one of them uses the term “sick” I honestly cringe with my whole being

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Actually felt bad for Zoe when Alfie said he didn’t like the ribbon lol she looked so dejected.

Reactions: 17
It's so clear neither of them is actually still in love with the other. I think it's extremely questionable whether honestly, deep down they even like each other anymore.

Both of them just need to get a grip and break up with each other. It might give each of them a chance at being interesting again and somewhat reviving their rapidly dying careers.
I don’t think they will ever break up. They both have too much to lose if they do. Alfie will lose his fame and Zoe will not only lose the people shes close to (from Alfie’s family), she may feel the burden to then have to find someone else who she can marry and have kids with- she has mentioned before that not having kids is her fear. It’s actually quite sad for them both if they feel like they have no choice but to be stuck together and not in love

Reactions: 21
Honestly the neon ribbon is not it lol i'm surprised Zoe went for it
Has Lottie got it on her gifts? Zoe said she wanted different ribbon so she could tell which presents were for who well why not just buy different Christmas ribbon?

Reactions: 3
I still can't get over the vlogmas intro. Its a really cute illustration in general but why is there someone creeping about upstairs - Is that meant to be Alfie? Don't forget the fake people...all pretending to have a great time? It's like some weird cryptic message about her life. I'm sure I'm delving into this far more than I should but it makes me go "huh?!" every time.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I still can't get over the vlogmas intro. Its a really cute illustration in general but why is there someone creeping about upstairs - Is that meant to be Alfie? Don't forget the fake people...all pretending to have a great time? It's like some weird cryptic message about her life. I'm sure I'm delving into this far more than I should but it makes me go "huh?!" every time.
I think its a home alone reference but I havent seen home alone in years.

I really like the red lippie colour on her from today's vlog. Really suits her. Same one in the instagram live that I didn't watch and neither did anyone else lol. Also... her outfit is cute. Finally not loungewear.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, she 100% thought the proposal was coming. Alfie was also talking about how he booked the restaurant from sex and the city before carrie’s (?) wedding, can’t blame her for feeling led on!

And earlier in the day, they were eating lunch and talking about how Zoe and Alfie were going to split from the group after, and Joe started asking if he was proposing, and Alfie got all giggly like no, no I’m not proposing!!! While totally loving the attention. Pan to Zoe’s face, she was SO excited, she definitely thought it was happening. Only Poppy had that look of “oh this isn’t going to go well”
Long time lurker here. I just rewatched the New York Birthday vlog too. I actually don't know how I feel about Alfie buying her a $10k necklace in the same vlog that she's begging everyone to donate to her fundraiser. I appreciate her using her platform to raise awareness and cash for charities, but is there not some form of irony asking us normal folk to fork out whilst she casually chooses her ridiculously expensive necklace? Lol. (I also get it's an old vlog, so maybe this topic has already been spoken about.)

• Sad
Reactions: 46
This is it for me. This is the vlog that did it. I normally make excuses for her, like anyone would be that lazy and deluded with that amount of money and arse lickers around them but Jesus Christ. Complaining about their sick dog keeping them awake like they don’t sleep all day anyway. Having a “neon ribbon vision” and being surprised it doesn’t match the Christmas tree like she’s never seen a free before.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Did anyone find it strange when alfie use to have taylor swift I think it is was as his Lockscreen picture on his phone bc he fancied her? Obvs there’s nothing wrong with finding celebs attractive when in a relationship but idk just didn’t sit right with me that he had her has his lockscreen pic, I’d feel uncomfortable if my bf did that
I think the problem there is he chose Taylor Swift over any other celebrity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.