Zoe Sugg #11 Christmas is cancelled! Mrs Claus and Santa are staying in bed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Alfie's vlog today "watching the sunset together"
A: I shouldn't have worn these clothes today, wearing this tracksuit has literally just made me feel that I just don't want to do anything productive, I just purely wanna chill.
Z: Weeeelcome to myyyyyyy world! Ahahahahaha!

Self aware Zoe?

Also in this same vlog he talks about how his school friends are all growing up and living their adult lives, doing well in careers and building their families, then back tracks and says actually none have kids yet and makes a solid point out of that with Zoe in the room haha.
Also when he said 'theres something I need to say I haven't said today'
zoe-'that im beautiful'?
Alfie-'that im really lucky...lucky that I live in Brighton'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Had a bit of catching up to do 'cause I was so busy all week and MY GOD, where do I start... To me these past few days it has crystallized how toxic Zalfie's relationship is. That porridge situation had me absolutelly shocked. I couldn't believe how Zoe immediately changed her mind when Alf said he didn't like it. It is disturbing how he has so much power over her that she cannot even have her own opinion about liking porridge? It was so unsettling and horrific to watch. Also Zoe being excited and happy about drawing a bath for Alfie, then Alfie being a fucker as always when Zoe asks if he liked it. Him constantly being annoyed at her, calling her names like 'granny' etc... I knew the state of their relationship wasn't near anywhere perfect, but it is far worse than I expected and these daily vlogs make this so so obvious.
GIRL, please run! I don't like Zoe and it's disgusting how she ruins the planet, scams her fans and is just overall a lazy witch. But honestly, no one deserves to be treated like that. And that is ON camera - can you image how Elf is treating her off camera? Makes me sick thinking about it... And then all of their minions commenting "relationshipgoalzzzzzz" every time just make the situation worse. Maybe Zoe doesn't even realize how crappy Alf treats her. It is obvious that her mental health issues at the moment come from this dead relationship. She would thrive if she left him imho.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
When I watched Zoe's first Vlogmas, all I could think of was how I would constantly get so annoyed of her in real life, so definitely Alfie is over it too. Firstly, she is always nervous about things. About a trip to NY with your own boyfriend, great.
How would you feel, if your partner just replied to you ALL THE TIME, that "omg I can't I'm so nervous about it, I'm not gonna do it today, maybe in the future", that for you are just interesting fun things. And you just have to keep doing all that without your partner. Sure, at the beginning it might be understandable and you care, but if nothing changes in years, well, I imagine myself getting very annoyed "fine, just sit here and enjoy the couch, i'm off". "Are you gonna come with me today?" - "No, Harry Potter is on TV today". And let's add here, that sometimes your partner just decides, that she will go to London with her best mate (Mark) and happens to have some great time...

Then, boasting about things she cannot do or eat just because... argh!!! Honestly, I don't know, if she thinks being like that is cute or cool, that you just do and eat ALL THE SAME stuff and KEEP mentioning the fact constantly - "so the thing is I cannot stand this, I cannot do that, my only go to is this" without ever even trying anything else. I wouldn't be very proud about that. But she seems to love saying that as a response! And if you are "adventurous" as Alfie is trying to be, then these answers are totally a turn-off.

Reactions: 16
Watched her vlog this morning where her and Mark were given gift vouchers by Home Sense and allowed to go in the store early to shop for gifts.

At this time of year and the current political climate, I would have loved to see them both buy things that could all be donated to local charities/shelters/food banks that are accepting gifts. That way they're still showing what they got but putting it to a good cause as lets face it, they can afford to buy gifts without the help of free gift vouchers from brands. Instead they explained how they were going to give the gifts to their family/friends. THEY DON'T NEED GIFT VOUCHERS FOR XMAS PRESENTS!!! So frustrating

Reactions: 28
I couldn't imagine both working from home and being around each other 24/7. I love my SO a lot but I can't be around him all the time. I would go crazy.
both me and my husband are digital nomad, so we travel and work from home. when we are working the set up is always different obviously depending where were living and how big the space is, but we are always working in separate spaces and we have headphones for our me time while were working, so even though were in the same room, but not emotional attached at this point, we also gym at seperate hours. so our spending time together is the times during the day traveling and exploring, so we dont have time to get on each others nerves because were always in new places exploring or on tours, and then working. i think most likely they have their separate routines which is clear, Alfie goes out a lot in the day time and keeps busy in the evenings either with his friends doing clubs or playing video games, and Zoella is chilling in the living room, playing with the beauty products or being around office friends or home friends, so even though their both not so productive, they seem to be apart quite a bit. i think when your in these situations you actually end up filling in the spaces and finding ways to be more independently productive.

Reactions: 8
Oh god, just dragged by way through the Homesense haul. Where do I even start?

"It's the best place to discover new brands"

Lololol edgy Mark in his cap/teddy coat. Last time I checked it was the sort of place where unsold stock gets dumped, the kind of stuff places like John Lewis/Habitat wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

"I'm trying to get everyone on the bubble tea hype"

About 10 years too late on that hun

"I Bought this for Alfie, one year!"

Are you saying this is old stock? I thought Homesense was the place to go for the "hottest new brands"?

"Gin and tonic is a popular drink right now"

Again 3-5 years late on that, no doubt that in 2023 we'll be hearing about the "Aperol Spritz hype"

"Save the planet"

Eco-Warrior Mark will definitely be using this water bottle for the foreseeable future. You know, the one covered in Christmas trees?

"Stuff that you didn't think you need, but you end up buying"

Definitely something that someone who is committed to "saving the planet" would say

• Haha
Reactions: 24
You guys weren’t kidding about Mark in her Homesense #ad vlog.

I’ve been super busy with work so I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Vlogmas videos but Mark was just not feeling it. At all... I suspect (like others have said) he was annoyed he’s not going to NY with Zoe and that their annual xmas trip was canceled.

I also can’t believe they spent all that time (8 hours?) in Homesense and neither of them didn’t think maybe some of this can go to charity? Zoe absolutely didn’t need to get more dog costumes or holiday decor. Also, Mark acting like he did something good by buying a reusable water bottle surrounded by all the stuff he didn’t need to buy... Well done Marky boy. Way to stop global warming! Bravo!

If she does another gifted vlog today I’ll probably skip it and see what you guys have to say about it. I’m just over it. You can tell Zoe is phoning it in. Even Alfie films more content on his Vlogmas than Zoe does. As much as I hate listening to Alfie’s voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I can't get into the poor zoey/bad alfie hype. I mentioned before in an old thread that her personality is an exact replica of my SIL. Every reaction is over the top (One bite and eyes start popping out and "..........oh.........my..........god.........this is........'lich-rully'.......so........fricken good. Try some. Yeah. Its good isnt it? Right? So good? The best you've EVER had right? Amazing isnt it?"

OR she always has to be the one to call you out when you make some tiny mistake or any choice in life really. ("Youre actually having SOUP for breakfast?! Marc accidentally said euros instead of dollars? Wait let me stop this whole entire conversation to call you out and repeatedly give you crap about something and make everyones attention come back to MEEEEEEEE".) Constantly calls you out on whatever but god forbid she gets a taste of that or she shuts down and has to have a cry for the rest of the month.

What a dreadful person to be surrounded by 24/7

Reactions: 31
I can't get into the poor zoey/bad alfie hype. I mentioned before in an old thread that her personality is an exact replica of my SIL. Every reaction is over the top (One bite and eyes start popping out and "..........oh.........my..........god.........this is........'lich-rully'.......so........fricken good. Try some. Yeah. Its good isnt it? Right? So good? The best you've EVER had right? Amazing isnt it?"

OR she always has to be the one to call you out when you make some tiny mistake or any choice in life really. ("Youre actually having SOUP for breakfast?! Marc accidentally said euros instead of dollars? Wait let me stop this whole entire conversation to call you out and repeatedly give you crap about something and make everyones attention come back to MEEEEEEEE".) Constantly calls you out on whatever but god forbid she gets a taste of that or she shuts down and has to have a cry for the rest of the month.

What a dreadful person to be surrounded by 24/7
They all need to get some real friends who don't put up with their bullshit.

You guys weren’t kidding about Mark in her Homesense #ad vlog.

I’ve been super busy with work so I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Vlogmas vidoes but Mark was just not feeling it. At all... I suspect (like others have said) he was annoyed he’s not going to NY with Zoe and that their annual xmas trip was canceled.

I also can’t believe they spent all that time (8 hours?) in Homesense and neither of them didn’t think maybe some of this can go to charity? Zoe absolutely didn’t need to get more dog costumes or holiday decor. Also, Mark acting like he did something good by buying a reusable water bottle surrounded by all the stuff he didn’t need to buy... Well done Marky boy. Way to stop global warming! Bravo!

If she does another gifted vlog today I’ll probably skip it and see what you guys have to say about it. I’m just over it. You can tell Zoe is phoning it in. Even Alfie films more content on his Vlogmas than Zoe does. As much as I hate listening to Alfie’s voice.
They spent EIGHT hours at Homesense? How is that even possible?

What did Mark say that gave the impression that he wasn't happy?

Reactions: 4
They spent EIGHT hours at Homesense? How is that even possible?

What did Mark say that gave the impression that he wasn't happy?
Ahh sorry it was 6 hours not 8. I just double checked. I was recalling from memory. Not that 6 hours is any better...

He didn’t say anything in particular it was just his demeanor was off. He was very somber and quiet. His expression on his face seemed tired and like he wasn’t fully enjoying shopping at Homesense despite it being free.

And when they were reviewing gifts he didn’t seem excited about any of the stuff he got or Zoe’s picks. Maybe he was just tired, I’m not sure if he drove to Zoe’s or slept over. They did go to Homesense in the morning (around 9 am).

Reactions: 5
Ahh sorry it was 6 hours not 8. I just double checked. I was recalling from memory. Not that 6 hours is any better...

He didn’t say anything in particular it was just his demeanor was off. He was very somber and quiet. His expression on his face seemed tired and like he wasn’t fully enjoying shopping at Homesense despite it being free.

And when they were reviewing gifts he didn’t seem excited about any of the stuff he got or Zoe’s picks. Maybe he was just tired, I’m not sure if he drove to Zoe’s or slept over. They did go to Homesense in the morning (around 9 am).
Even 6 is ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
Haven’t watched the Homesense vlog yet but I remember in one of Zoe’s autumnal vlogs, he wasn’t quite as “on” as he usually is with Zoe. Can’t blame him, it must be exhausting to constantly validate someone, laugh at their unfunny jokes, and be the but of the joke constantly. Wonder if 2020 is the year they drift apart. I feel like if he gets a serious BF they’ll drift because it wouldn’t fit in with the group dynamic. Mark acts as Zoe’s escape from Alfie (and eye candy for Alf), and it would be pretty awkward for his SO to tag along, getting left out because Zoe demands Mark’s attention at all time.

Can’t feel bad for him though, he wanted to be BFFs with her and has seemingly no problems reaping the benefits (except apparently this homesense trip). It seems he’s always spending several days at a time staying at Zoe’s, which would also be exhausting. How far is Brighton from Mark? If I remember correctly, Zoe had no problem doing just a day trip when she helped him decorate his apartment last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think Mark was initially starstruck by Zoe and using her for his own career. It was obvious how fake he was around her. I think he is done with her now that he isn't going to get anymore subs from her, I think Alfie is the same. They don't benefit from her much anymore so are over her. She does seem pretty boring and high maintenance tbf.

Reactions: 14
I used to be a bit of a fan of Zoe’s vlogmas a few years back, but they are terrible this year. It seems she’s only doing them because they are sponsored or gifted. The one with Mark.. he seems bored of her too. Also what is the wooden ball toy thing Alfie keeps playing with? He’s in his mid 20s and carrying what looks a kids toy around. It’s so weird to watch. Same with bringing out games in the restaurant and playing cards previously. If my husband did that, I’d question my life choices 😂

• Haha
Oh my god. He knew what he was doing. She totally thought this was it and I would have too.

In the accidental ring video, I hadn't seen that before. Is it a Tiffany she tried on? It looks like it with the blue boxes in the glass. It is sad that he doesn't take her on at all when she is trying rings on.

My fiance and I had ring shopped well before he proposed and I knew what I wanted, in fact my fiance encouraged me to. It was important for him to get one that I really liked. I knew I would like one from Tiffany & Co. I got the Tiffany Setting. I have never had so many compliments before. I have had random people in restaurants come up and say how sparkly it is. It is beautiful.
100% Tiffany ring. That's so cruel!! When I went ring shopping I had a ring on my finger within a week.. why won't he put his money where his mouth is? Oh right, he doesn't want to!!

Last edited:
Zoe's only doing Vlogmas because of the contracts and sponsorship deals that she had in place long before. It's certainly not for her fans (she's checked out on her fans/viewers ages ago), so that whole spiel about wavering on Vlogmas was a total lie. It wouldn't look good if she didn't do Vlogmas but her only videos in December were all ads. With Vlogmas she can be a bit more discreet.

There was one video I came across about a YT-er who made almost a million dollars last year and she has a much lower engagement than Zoe and much less followers (Ingrid Nilsen). She's based in America so I'm not sure how those figures translate compared to Zoe who is based in the UK. But that American YT-er made almost $1 million dollars so I can only imagine how much Zoe rakes in with her #ad and sponsored vlogs. The figures that Ingrid was talking about just made me sick considering how lackluster and lazy these YT-ers are. Especially Zoe. Here's the link if you guys are curious about Ingrid's earnings.

It's so deceptive that Zoe pretends she's into buying things at Homesense and that she would go there on any given day (without being sponsored), when we all know she's into the higher end lines like Oliver Bonas and West Elm. Or that she's giving most of her A to Z paid-for-hire friends stuff from Homesense. Stuff that was already free for Zoe and took no effort in terms of gifting. What an awesome boss.

Reactions: 6
Oh god in todays vlog they go to Range rover to get something done to theyre car and alfies in the waiting room playing with his kendama. I bet the staff had a laugh at that.

• Haha
I think they were being knobs and “joking” about the length of time they were in homesense. I think it was actually only a few hours. SUUUUUCH A FUNNY JOKE THOUGH AMIRIGHT?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.