Zara McDermott #2 Knickers down for fame, career down the drain, does she have no shame?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My little cousin who’s 15 has been in hospital with anorexia over the past six months. It started with disordered eating and then excessive amounts of exercise. The thought of her coming across posts like Zara’s make me sick. But I think Zara must be unwell too, and she needs help. It doesn’t help that she’s had all this media attention recently and now she’s trying to show everyone that she’s “bettering” herself when in reality she’s clearly spiralling.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
also (and i’m literally just ranting now) something that annoys me endlessly about influencers who talk about their ‘fitness journey’ is that they literally have all the time in the world to do that. i see so many people who have a 9-5 job beating themselves up for not being able to go to the gym consistently and not eating healthy enough because sometimes you just don’t have the time to cook or shop for food, and it’s so unrealistic of influencers to sell this whole “i did it so you can too!”

• Heart
Reactions: 29
A size 10 was a huge change for her... Get a grip honestly. If she's putting that out there she has to expect some backlash especially when she didn't need to lose 3 stone in the first place, in fact is she sure?? Where's she lost 3 stone from her big toe??🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Slightly off topic from her very obvious body issues...

I reckon Sam knew she cheated at the time and they decided to get past it and stay together. Then when it was going to come out in the press they decided to spin it the best way they could and make it a storyline on MIC. I think all their scenes have been badly acted and they’ve been together the whole time.

Reactions: 11
As someone who suffered from an ED as a young adult, and once spent an entire year only allowing myself to eat on alternate days - those stories would have sent me straight into a 3 day fast.
it’s taken me 10 years to get to where I am now, which to be honest isn’t a great place, but is healthier than where I was. The damage those stories will do is awful. Even if she did do it in a healthy way, she should have had the knowledge to know that it was something to keep to herself. It’s akin to someone bragging about becoming a millionaire during the pandemic and subsequent recession. Read the bleeping room you moron.

Also I know her “government career” is already well known to be a joke, but I have it on good authority that she was just hired on a grad scheme to improve their publicity for engaging with the current generation. Her “I help make policies” was as true as me claiming I’ve lost 3 stone in a healthy manner in a matter of months...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She's addressed some abuse she's getting from Twitter. Firstly she says she's "quite tall" and "naturally petite" in the same paragraph, make up your mind!!!!
Also if you're at an unhealthy low weight, then it doesn't matter how fast or slow you got there. As someone with a past of disordered eating, I find her quite triggering. Think I will unfollow and get the updates from this thread instead

View attachment 324389
View attachment 324390
I don’t really get how she says she was always quite taller but always has been naturally petite??? Lol

Reactions: 10
“Look at me then & look at me now”, as if it’s some achievement to look the way she looks. We are looking Zara, and what? All I see is a fool who thinks being thin is the most important measurement of success. She is some idiot. On the one hand she’s saying this is her natural body type and she’s always had long slim legs and on the other she’s saying it took her years of exercising and healthy eating to get to where she is now 😂 what a donut. Her body is the product of severe restriction. She also edited her pictures back when she was a size 10 and she’s still editing now. She’s no better than Lauren Goodger. A total and utter fool who has nothing to offer the world. I hope she eventually finds happiness in something other than chasing the skinniest version of herself.

Reactions: 24
Also I know her “government career” is already well known to be a joke, but I have it on good authority that she was just hired on a grad scheme to improve their publicity for engaging with the current generation. Her “I help make policies” was as true as me claiming I’ve lost 3 stone in a healthy manner in a matter of months...
But she had that job before she was famous so they wouldn't have improved their publicity via her - I don't get that

Reactions: 1
It is so refreshing to see people actually calling her out for this . By all means Zara get your knickers out for the Gram every day but THIS is too much , too far and it is (as a recovered anorexic) the kind of tit that can trigger a downward spiral in seconds. There should be some process for reporting this sort of thing on Instagram .

Reactions: 18
I’m a lurker on this thread but I have to say I am truly disgusted with what she’s posted. How can you possibly be promoting being a size 10 and losing 3 stone! I’m size 10 and if I lost 3 stone there is no way on earth I would be healthy or look it.
What Zara is promoting here is unhealthy, unrealistic and like others have said is clearly a trigger for people who have suffered in the past.
Storm models and whoever else manage her need to have a good word with her and tell her to cop on. The worst part is though that she doesn’t actually look like the after pic and we all know it!!
She’s such a petulant, narcissistic child.

Reactions: 19
Also with Zara, she’s saying she used to be naturally skinny as a teenager

how old is she, 23, 24?

this again is perpetuating the idea that you should always look at your teenage body as a goal, if it was skinner than you are now. As a young adult going into your 20s, maybe women get slightly bigger because they’re getting older, metabolism increases and life gets busier!! her referring back to her teen body is a huge red flag for an ED and again an awful Example to set

Reactions: 23
Also with Zara, she’s saying she used to be naturally skinny as a teenager

how old is she, 23, 24?

this again is perpetuating the idea that you should always look at your teenage body as a goal, if it was skinner than you are now. As a young adult going into your 20s, maybe women get slightly bigger because they’re getting older, metabolism increases and life gets busier!! her referring back to her teen body is a huge red flag for an ED and again an awful Example to set
i was naturally a very skinny teen and i only got back to looking like that because of my ED! now i’m fully recovered and my body has naturally widened as i’ve grown up and i have the right amount of fat on me to function.
I guarantee you she’s lost her period

Reactions: 6
i was naturally a very skinny teen and i only got back to looking like that because of my ED! now i’m fully recovered and my body has naturally widened as i’ve grown up and i have the right amount of fat on me to function.
I guarantee you she’s lost her period
Same with me! If I ever went back to my weight at 18 in my early/mid 20s that would be concerning

Reactions: 4
Same with me! If I ever went back to my weight at 18 in my early/mid 20s that would be concerning
literally!!
i really don’t know how this girls not been cancelled, she’s cheated oh her boyfriend and now promoting this extreme lifestyle... get her in the bin

Reactions: 12
AS IF she was eating 3000 calories a day in 2016!! At a UK size 10.. 3000 calories.. the girl is a liar and a fraud

Reactions: 21
I still can’t get over the bare faced lie that she has lost 3 stone 😂 She literally told people her heaviest weight was 68kg -which is 10st 9 which seems about right for her height and how she looked last year... so 3 stone loss takes her to 7st 9... come off it! Even when I was an underweight skinny teenager who still had to buy clothes in the children’s sections I weighed more than that and I’m 2 inches shorter than her. What the hell is she playing at?! So bloody problematic!

Reactions: 24
I refrain from commenting on anything she posts, because it never sinks in for her - but my gal 100% has an eating disorder.
I don't care what tit she says about how healthy she is. I've been in eating disorder hospitals with girls who have tubes in their nose, and they'll quite confidently say that they don't have an eating disorder and that they're a healthy weight - denial does not mean truth.

She said she was 68kg and lost three stone. That makes her around 48kg. A three stone weight-loss when you were already a healthy weight is NOT a good thing. Three stone weightloss if you weighed 150kg is remarkable, but not when you were already healthy.

The smaller you are, the less your body can cope with weight loss.

She claims she is naturally tall and has always been slim. For one, she isn't actually that tall, she's around 5'6 to 5'9 (different sources say different things) the average female height is 5'7. Regardless, being tall actually usually means that you usually WEIGH MORE AND ARE A LARGER DRESS SIZE.

Look on the tall section of any popular clothing site, and you will see that most sizes start at size 8, as it's very rare that tall girls are size 4-6 (although is possible!)

It enrages me because she really doesn't realise the long term implications this will have on her. Heart failure, infertility, mental health issues - but hey, it's fine because she's a model and famous!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.