Zara McDermott #2 Knickers down for fame, career down the drain, does she have no shame?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can’t get over the bare faced lie that she has lost 3 stone 😂 She literally told people her heaviest weight was 68kg -which is 10st 9 which seems about right for her height and how she looked last year... so 3 stone loss takes her to 7st 9... come off it! Even when I was an underweight skinny teenager who still had to buy clothes in the children’s sections I weighed more than that and I’m 2 inches shorter than her. What the hell is she playing at?! So bloody problematic!
This! I saw her trending on Twitter and my first thought was that there’s no chance in hell she’s being truthful about how much she’s lost. But also that photoshop on the picture with the black dress is embarrassingly bad. Even without zooming you can see the blur. The thing that makes me mad is that she had a choice of how to present herself in this- she could have said she’s lost some weight and not put numbers to it. She can’t expect to not get called out for claiming to lose a huge amount of weight, which by estimation brings her to a weight that is really underweight.

Reactions: 14
She’s being called out for photoshopping her pictures too. She really needs to step away from the public eye for a while and sort herself out before things get 10x worse.

Reactions: 7
For me, the mix of claiming such a huge weight loss while also photoshopping her photos is a real red flag. The fact that she wants people to think she's lost that much hints at an issue and also the fact that she can photoshop herself that thin and think she looks good/wants to post is concerning - and if she isn't in the grip of an ED then it's just plain sick and irresponsible

Reactions: 16
I did a calculation on her BMI and she is very underweight so clearly not a healthy BMI that she's claiming to have

Reactions: 5
I feel sorry for her to some extent as I’ve been in the same position. It becomes an addiction to lose weight and see the number on the scales get lower and lower. She may eat within her calorie deficit she keeps banging on about .. my fiancé was previously a PT and he said it’s going to be so difficult for her to maintain that weight in a calorie deficit. She would slowly need to up her calorie intake and that will be such a dramatic change mentally

Reactions: 1
I just see a very insecure girl when I look at her. Her weight loss is evidentially not healthy and she is obviously very attention seeking.

Reactions: 10
She’s only 23? Lol thought she was 30. She looks waaaay older. But acts like a petulant child so I suppose it evens out

Reactions: 12
I still can’t get over the bare faced lie that she has lost 3 stone 😂 She literally told people her heaviest weight was 68kg -which is 10st 9 which seems about right for her height and how she looked last year... so 3 stone loss takes her to 7st 9... come off it! Even when I was an underweight skinny teenager who still had to buy clothes in the children’s sections I weighed more than that and I’m 2 inches shorter than her. What the hell is she playing at?! So bloody problematic!
I don’t know how tall Zara is but I’m 5ft 7, when I was 21 I was 8st 2.
No eating disorder, and back then had a steady weight of 9st due to exercise - swimming and aerobics.
But, i then had a stalker and was under a lot of stress, police involved, had to move back home to get away etc - lowest I remember was 8st 2.
When I look back at pictures I was terribly thin - it isnt nice to see.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She’s a bare faced liar not a chance in hell she’s under 8 stone, she edits her pictures beyond recognition. If she has an eating disorder which I strongly believe she has then she needs to seek help instead of spewing her nonsense out to her 1.4 million followers without a care. Absolutely disgusting.
I see so much of my past ED self in her, obsessed with numbers and sizes and weight and wanting everyone else to know how teeny tiny I was, it sickens me. She need to come off social media altogether and get some help it’s not fair on all the girls she’s influencing.

Reactions: 12
It’s so sad seeing so many young girls on twitter are saying how it’s “goals” and how they want “her tips”. I’ve struggled with various EDs since my teens and Zara reminds me of myself in 2018. Like Zara, I was just out a toxic relationship and was constantly in the gym but punishing my body at the same time by not eating enough, which at the time I was in denial and thought it was just strict dieting. I lost nearly 2st in the space of 5 months. There’s nothing glamorous about an eating disorder and it’s heartbreaking how normalised ED behaviour is these days. I’ve lost track of how many girls have told me on nights out that they didn’t eat all day just so they didn’t look bloated in their outfit. If you go on tik tok and see a naturally skinny girl I can guarantee you there will be at least three comments along the lines of “well I guess I’ll just stop eating then” or “time to starve myself”.

Reactions: 7
I weighed 10st (140lbs/63kg) the majority of my life until 23. Then between 23-25 weighed 6.5st (approx 90lbs/40kg) so yeah it can be done - Of course, I was an anorexic sub type exercise bulimia. I actually remember watching her Love Island series at 8stone thinking holy crap I'm so fat. Anyway, for her slim frame to lose 3 stone in that space of time, something must be off. None of us can diagnose but there are so many signs.
I didn't last at that weight, far too unsustainable and I'm 5"8 too. When I sought recovery my weight increased dramatically. I hope she is mentally strong enough to deal with her weight increasing in the near future because 3st this fast won't last. (given what I have seen in MIC she is definitely not)

I also wanted to add........that picture on the right in the black dress is the exact picture she posted last week on her Instagram story. She said in her stories that it was a terrible rushed photo, the best she could do because her take away delivery was at the door :)sneaky::rolleyes: the classic I can't have a problem I eat take aways). If you're so happy with this transformation why did she scroll through her camera roll to find a crappy photo from last week to announce how healthy you are in your new body. Seems weird to me. She saw a skinny picture and uploaded it. The other pic is out in the daylight, side profile sitting down. Hardly a good comparison.

Anyway she'll do an emotional reveal all in a year or so about her recovery and her unhealthy journey rom being tormented for being a size 10. She'll join the body positivity girls and sell us something else.

Reactions: 18
Som I didn't know who Zara was until her 'transformation' was mentioned in the Grace Beverley video. It just screams disordered to me. ugh.

But she had that job before she was famous so they wouldn't have improved their publicity via her - I don't get that
She was hired to show that they were engaging with the younger generation, she just then happened to go on LI and get “famous” that way - they’re not related at all. Sorry, I didn’t make it clear!

Reactions: 2
She’s a bare faced liar not a chance in hell she’s under 8 stone, she edits her pictures beyond recognition. If she has an eating disorder which I strongly believe she has then she needs to seek help instead of spewing her nonsense out to her 1.4 million followers without a care. Absolutely disgusting.
I see so much of my past ED self in her, obsessed with numbers and sizes and weight and wanting everyone else to know how teeny tiny I was, it sickens me. She need to come off social media altogether and get some help it’s not fair on all the girls she’s influencing.
I feel like it’s this obsession with numbers that she has which is causing a lot of the problems. It’s fine to post your transformation (although even her clearly edited one is triggering), but to tell people your height, dress size before and after and weight before and after just invites them to compare themselves to you, which is so unhealthy.

Reactions: 11
Because I’m sure she runs for buses all the time 🙄
Jesus she is thick as two short planks. She literally stated her heaviest weight was 68kg so people have worked out what 3 stone less than that is. She probably weighs about 8 stone 7 now and has vastly “rounded up” to “nearly 3 stone” when in reality it’s just over 2. Don’t post this tit if you don’t want people to question it!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Because I’m sure she runs for buses all the time 🙄
“It was never about the weight loss” says someone who ran an article yesterday about their 3 stone weight loss. It blows my mind that someone with 1.4m followers can be so dense about what they put out on the internet.
She needs help and I hope she gets it.

Reactions: 21
"it was never about the weightloss"

I've not seen her talk about anything other than weightloss? Her food/recipes are all calorie controlled and diet based
Her gym workouts aren't exactly strength/endurance/cardio building

Reactions: 14
“It was never about the weight loss” says someone who ran an article yesterday about their 3 stone weight loss. It blows my mind that someone with 1.4m followers can be so dense about what they put out on the internet.
She needs help and I hope she gets it.
exactly. surely if it wasn’t about the weightloss, post videos of you running for the bus, not mirror selfies where you look extreeeemely skinny vs a picture of you at the beach. post your running milestones or whatever

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.