Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dumb question alert 😂
I would like to try out those semi-cured gel nail stickers but I don't want to purchase a nail UV lamp for something I might try once. I've a UV flashlight - does anyone know whether that would work as well? If I'd do one nail at a time? I know you're not supposed to expose the stickers to light because they might harden.

Re: Essence cosmetics, if anyone is going to Ireland all of their Primark stores (it's called Penneys) over there have Essence stands.
I normally stock up when I'm over visiting friends and family.

Reactions: 6
I love a beret but they never fit my enormous head. It’s even worse now my hair is longer and thicker. Does anyone know of a brand of beret that is notoriously large?

Did you get the waterproof version?

The price seems much higher anywhere that isn't Wilko
No, maybe that's where I went wrong! It was at a pretty reasonable price when I got it.. maybe they're hiking the price up to take advantage of those who can't get it from Wilko anymore.

I also picked up the Aveeno body oil which someone recommended here, as it smells like the Brazilian Bum cream. Although I haven't smelt that, the body oil is dreammyyyy :love:
---
Do you mean the shrinking or something else? Mine haven’t shrank (yet) I wash at 30° and hang to dry.

On the subject of Adanola… their unitards 🤬🤬 I have had SIX in the past month from selfridges and every single one has had a hole in the seam, I think it must just be all of them / poorly made so I won’t bother exchanging again will just refund.

Annoyed because I really wanted a nice unitard and I liked theirs on when I tried on - does anyone have any recommendations?
I've been looking at getting a unitard from Adanola so thanks for sharing your experience!

I know someone who has one from Sweaty Betty, but obviously it's more ££... you might be able to find one in the sale or at an outlet x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’ve got a nail appointment, haircut, and facial all booked in for tomorrow. Been feeling pretty naff about myself so hoping these will all help pick me up!

Any other suggestion on what I can do to make myself feel better? I don’t necessarily have too much of a budget - I’ve paid all my bills and put a huge chunk into saving and still have just under £1k left for the month 🙈 So don’t mind doing something ‘pricey’ x

Reactions: 9
I’ve got a nail appointment, haircut, and facial all booked in for tomorrow. Been feeling pretty naff about myself so hoping these will all help pick me up!

Any other suggestion on what I can do to make myself feel better? I don’t necessarily have too much of a budget - I’ve paid all my bills and put a huge chunk into saving and still have just under £1k left for the month 🙈 So don’t mind doing something ‘pricey’ x
Full spa day or if you can stay overnight too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Go to one of the good make up counters in a department store and ask them do your make up for you showing you the latest products and colours and how to use them for a more up to date look them treat yourself to a few bits and pieces.

• Heart
Love both the above ideas! Will be doing both on next days off I think 🥰

• Heart
Does anyone have a favourite at home lash dye? For properly black lashes. I use Eylure for my brows (though have been tempted to try Just for Men after seeing tattlers mention it as a good alternative in another thread) and would love the ease of an at home lash tint too. (ETA: Eylure seems to do a lash tint too, so maybe I shall give that a try...)

Ladies, Adanola hoodies! What is the trick I'm missing!
I’ve spent a fortune on them over the years & stumbled across sisters and seekers who BLOW them out the water ! I think the adanolas wash and dry really stiff and hard & aren’t soft or slouchy , but the S&s ones …soft , slouchy, big sleeves , weighty hood …wash really well
( even survived a tumble dryer husband error ) adanola would have had no chance ! Don’t sleep on sisters & seekers , you won’t be disappointed 💜

Reactions: 5
I’ve spent a fortune on them over the years & stumbled across sisters and seekers who BLOW them out the water ! I think the adanolas wash and dry really stiff and hard & aren’t soft or slouchy , but the S&s ones …soft , slouchy, big sleeves , weighty hood …wash really well
( even survived a tumble dryer husband error ) adanola would have had no chance ! Don’t sleep on sisters & seekers , you won’t be disappointed 💜
What colours do you have? I was going to get the grey Adanola tracksuit but you’ve influenced me to try Sisters & Seekers. I can’t tell which colour is closest to the standard grey tracksuit colour from the photos.

Thanks for the rec! I think they’ve been mentioned before. I’ll def be ordering some bits. @pommynoir I spotted some unitards!

Thanks for the rec! I think they’ve been mentioned before. I’ll def be ordering some bits. @pommynoir I spotted some unitards!
Amazing thank you! I love my Adanola T shirts so much and they cope with the dried, but I agree about the stiffness of the hoodies @Kikidoyouloveme.

I’m very tall so I hope they are as well fitting as adanola is for me… off to spend my wages 🚶‍♀️

I’ve got the yoga grey hoodie , the holy, kinda cream/khaki color, the black stylist one, the cathedral blue knit one ( I’m not sure I would recommend that one , although they do have a black version landing tomorrow !) the new SKR hoodie in a bone color and the brown zip up hoodie with the matching pants, I’ve had some leggings ( and from adanola ) but honestly the sports tights from H&M are just as nice and half the price and I got some AMAZING ones from river island of all places that are like butter and were like 12 quid ( I’m still shocked ) . Honestly s&s should pay me a commission - I made a really good ( if I do say so myself) tiktok of the hoodies comparing them to adanola and it blew up , the difference is insane ( I’m not sure if I can share my tt handle )but it was good for comparison before you drop the money , because let’s be honest , they ARE expensive, let me know what you buy though, I love it when you can recommend something new ! Xx

Reactions: 7
*sighs* right let’s look on sisters and seekers then 😭🤣😅

honestly though I’m so easily influenced, my family call me a marketers dream 😥

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What colours do you have? I was going to get the grey Adanola tracksuit but you’ve influenced me to try Sisters & Seekers. I can’t tell which colour is closest to the standard grey tracksuit colour from the photos.
*sighs* right let’s look on sisters and seekers then 😭🤣😅

honestly though I’m so easily influenced, my family call me a marketers dream 😥
I’m exactly the same, I’m can’t rein it in 😂enjoy your shopping - check and see if they are on top cash back too actually, save yourselves some Pennies & I think they usually have a discount code for new shoppers ! Let me know what you got 👌👌x

Dr jart +. Colour correction. It’s brilliant. Is green in the jar. Goes on smoothly can be worn on its own or as a base for foundation x
This stuff is great! Really impressed, and a little goes a long way. Have you tried the serum and repair cream? They came in the same pack.

Seconding Dr Jart+ colour corection, I switched to this recently instead of my usual tinted moisturiser and love it!

If anyone's looking for a reasonably priced rose perfume, Vera Wang recently re-launched a version of Rock Princess which is in the £25-£40 range and has pretty good lasting power for an EDT. I got some for my birthday and love it

Reactions: 2
Definitely gonna look on S&S for the winter months!
I like my hoodies a bit cosier and baggier and they do say it's an oversized fit - do you guys order your normal size or is it worth still sizing up?

My nail appointment and my facial got cancelled today. The facial I’m not too mad about as it was done first thing this morning, but the nails I got all the way to the salon and was told the nail tech isn’t in today!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.