Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My skin is quite red and blotchy and I have a big event this week. Any emergency something I can use please
Dr jart +. Colour correction. It’s brilliant. Is green in the jar. Goes on smoothly can be worn on its own or as a base for foundation x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ladies, Adanola hoodies! What is the trick I'm missing!
Do you mean the shrinking or something else? Mine haven’t shrank (yet) I wash at 30° and hang to dry.

On the subject of Adanola… their unitards 🤬🤬 I have had SIX in the past month from selfridges and every single one has had a hole in the seam, I think it must just be all of them / poorly made so I won’t bother exchanging again will just refund.

Annoyed because I really wanted a nice unitard and I liked theirs on when I tried on - does anyone have any recommendations?

Morning Tattlers - I get married in 3 weeks and I am feeling completely run down! I am not sleeping properly (this mornings grand waking time was 2:30am) This is the second weekend I have woke with a sore throat and snuffly nose - Really would appreciate any hints or tips to perk myself up and ensure I'm feeling my best for the big day! As I feel at this rate, I'll be a swollen, puffy, snotty witch! 😂 x
The week before my wedding I came down with the worst cold I’d had in years, and I was still struggling a bit on the morning of, but the things I went for were:
- berocca, every day (get those vitamins IN)
- daily antihistamine
- Vaseline the **** out of your lips
- plenty of water
- under eye gel patches (I’d test them now so you know you won’t react to them - they were really nice to keep in the fridge and make me feel a lot less puffy)

Good luck!

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry if this one has been mentioned a thousand times. Does anyone have any recommendations for puffyness under eyes? No matter how much sleep I get or water I drink the puffiness will not leave

Reactions: 2
I'm sorry if this one has been mentioned a thousand times. Does anyone have any recommendations for puffyness under eyes? No matter how much sleep I get or water I drink the puffiness will not leave
I saw this elsewhere!

Apply a cold compress or chilled cucumber slices to your closed eyelids for 10-15 minutes. Cold helps constrict blood vessels and reduce puffiness.

Use eye creams containing ingredients like caffeine, hyaluronic acid, or peptides, which can help reduce puffiness and hydrate the skin.

Sleeping with your head slightly elevated can prevent fluid buildup around your eyes.

Allergies can cause eye puffiness. Identify and avoid allergens, and consider over-the-counter antihistamines if needed. High salt intake can lead to water retention, so reduce your sodium intake.

Use your ring finger to gently massage the area around your eyes in a circular motion to encourage lymphatic drainage.

Apply cool, used tea bags (chamomile or green tea) to your closed eyes for a few minutes. The tannins can help reduce puffiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do you mean the shrinking or something else? Mine haven’t shrank (yet) I wash at 30° and hang to dry.

On the subject of Adanola… their unitards 🤬🤬 I have had SIX in the past month from selfridges and every single one has had a hole in the seam, I think it must just be all of them / poorly made so I won’t bother exchanging again will just refund.

Annoyed because I really wanted a nice unitard and I liked theirs on when I tried on - does anyone have any recommendations?
Sorry to buy them!!!! Text and hit post too quickly and didn't realize!!! Looking on their website, Selfridges and vinted. Can't seem to find Logo style and in my size? Do they re-stock frequently?

Sorry to buy them!!!! Text and hit post too quickly and didn't realize!!! Looking on their website, Selfridges and vinted. Can't seem to find Logo style and in my size? Do they re-stock frequently?
Haha no they don’t at all - I’ve been waiting a couple months for a light grey hoodie. I wouldn’t trust vinted at all I think there are a lot of fakes or people selling above RRP which I hate.

I work close to selfridges so pop in quite often so usually just check what’s in stock when I’m there.

Thank you! Have you used any of the other Dr Jart products too
I only came across this product a month ago and have used it daily since then. My daughter complemented me on my skin two weeks ago. I am tempted by their other products but I need to use up what I have first of all. But the colour corrector is a must. In fact I’m buying some more of it today. A large pot is on offer at an outlet in boundary mill x

Reactions: 1
I tried lash princess after so many raves here but I had panda eyes by 3pm 😔 don’t know if I’m doing something wrong?! My eyes aren’t even that leaky.

Got it from justmylook too x
Did you get the waterproof version?

The price seems much higher anywhere that isn't Wilko

Does anyone wax their own eyebrows? I’ve had to give up going to the beauticians to get them done as they put their prices up. I’m gutted but I’m a tight cow at the moment but I just can’t justify spending what constitutes an an hour of my pay for a job that takes 10 mins.

I’ve got quite thick brows so tweezing takes forever, plus they practically grow back in hours and I can’t be bothered to tweeze them myself! 😂

Tried an eyebrow razor which is good for the tops of my brows but not for underneath the brow unless I want to shave my eyelashes off as well!

This is it. It’s priced between £30-£38 😍
I bought travel size in Sephora to try it out first and it's really good!

Just started using Ceramidin toner under my moisturiser and so far my skin looks really hydrated and plump after using, but it's only been a week or two.

dj_sku_H6ML01_1000x1000_0.jpg

Reactions: 2
Does anyone wax their own eyebrows? I’ve had to give up going to the beauticians to get them done as they put their prices up. I’m gutted but I’m a tight cow at the moment but I just can’t justify spending what constitutes an an hour of my pay for a job that takes 10 mins.

I’ve got quite thick brows so tweezing takes forever, plus they practically grow back in hours and I can’t be bothered to tweeze them myself! 😂

Tried an eyebrow razor which is good for the tops of my brows but not for underneath the brow unless I want to shave my eyelashes off as well!
I don't anymore but I used to, using hot wax from Boots. I don't have a wax melter pot so just popped the little saucepan onto an old frying pan to heat. Used a small angled wooden stick to apply. Easy and not painful.
I don't see it on Boots website but this is the product:
Amazon product
The oil that came with mine over the years was blue and it was fantastic - I notice the oil with this one is a different colour but presumably just as effective. (If you get the wax in your brows you can use the oil to remove it without pulling the hair out)

I use Veet face wax strips and cut them in quarters (horizontally and vertically). It's a perfect length for under the brow. I put BHA on after and I never get any ingrown hair. I also use the same strips for my moustache hair, just without cutting them. 🙈

Reactions: 3
I only came across this product a month ago and have used it daily since then. My daughter complemented me on my skin two weeks ago. I am tempted by their other products but I need to use up what I have first of all. But the colour corrector is a must. In fact I’m buying some more of it today. A large pot is on offer at an outlet in boundary mill x
Ooh! Boundary Mill. Haven't been there in years. Probably cos my sister moved, and when we went we had to steer mum away from finding things she had spent ££££ on in normal shops on sale for peanuts. 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.