Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did enjoy on the early threads how people were talking about how they look put together eg capsule wardrobes, regular manicures etc rather than just beauty products tips.

Reactions: 6
I’m going for my first proper facial on Tuesday, it’s an October special and includes a Pumpkin Spice mask 🥰 I have a feeling I’m going to want to to go all time!

I’m going for my first proper facial on Tuesday, it’s an October special and includes a Pumpkin Spice mask 🥰 I have a feeling I’m going to want to to go all time!
Please share results! I’ve never had a facial and I would love one. I work near a hydra facial shop(?) and I’m always tempted to go in

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What foundation does everyone use? I’ve been a bit lost since The ordinary discontinued their foundation, I don’t wear it much anyway. I’ve got a night out on Friday and I really want a nice high coverage one if anyone has a good cheap-ish one they can recommend? I’m pregnant and suffering with a bit of acne so high coverage would really help. Thanks 🙏 😊

Please share results! I’ve never had a facial and I would love one. I work near a hydra facial shop(?) and I’m always tempted to go in
I’ve had lots facials over the years and view them as a nice treat rather than necessity. Lovely as a pampering treat but ca never substitute a consistent skin routine. I have sensitive skin and steer clear from anything involving essential oils. However a good facial does make skin glow and look rested. A lot if it is down to a really good cleanse, gentle massage and getting plenty of moisture back into the skin.

You can replicate a facial at home by giving yourself a thorough double cleanse, then apply a sheet mask or a thick layer of your moisturiser and use your hands or a facial tool to give yourself a gentle massage.

Reactions: 2
What foundation does everyone use? I’ve been a bit lost since The ordinary discontinued their foundation, I don’t wear it much anyway. I’ve got a night out on Friday and I really want a nice high coverage one if anyone has a good cheap-ish one they can recommend? I’m pregnant and suffering with a bit of acne so high coverage would really help. Thanks 🙏 😊
Whenever you say high coverage people always recommend Estee lauder double wear and.... I can honestly say I HATE it. Try and get colour matched and a sample in Boots before you buy it!
Regarding recommendations for how to look good that isn't a specific product recommend. How about finding your colour season??

It looks at your skin tone, eye colour hair colour and gives you a colour palette that flatters or enhances these elements!

I paid to get an analysis done but there are lots of images online that should help you figure it out too! I am a light summer, slight pear and knowing this makes shopping online so much easier, with a lot less returns!
Gabrielle-Arruda-12-seasons-color-palette-chart.jpeg

8fdd2e582f6d1b67133141a075fbc72f.jpg

• Heart
I’ve had lots facials over the years and view them as a nice treat rather than necessity. Lovely as a pampering treat but ca never substitute a consistent skin routine. I have sensitive skin and steer clear from anything involving essential oils. However a good facial does make skin glow and look rested. A lot if it is down to a really good cleanse, gentle massage and getting plenty of moisture back into the skin.

You can replicate a facial at home by giving yourself a thorough double cleanse, then apply a sheet mask or a thick layer of your moisturiser and use your hands or a facial tool to give yourself a gentle massage.
I do all that anyway on my pamper nights. I’m quite lucky that I have pretty clear skin , other than large pores that I treat myself at home - i don’t suffer from spots, breakouts or any other complaints . So I’ve never really viewed anything extra other than my skin routine as needed. I just thought it could be a nice treat, and I wondered if there’s something amazing that I am missing 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Whenever you say high coverage people always recommend Estee lauder double wear and.... I can honestly say I HATE it. Try and get colour matched and a sample in Boots before you buy it!
Regarding recommendations for how to look good that isn't a specific product recommend. How about finding your colour season??

It looks at your skin tone, eye colour hair colour and gives you a colour palette that flatters or enhances these elements!

I paid to get an analysis done but there are lots of images online that should help you figure it out too! I am a light summer, slight pear and knowing this makes shopping online so much easier, with a lot less returns!
View attachment 2497803
View attachment 2497805
This is interesting, but what do you mean by the slight pear part? 😊

Reactions: 1
z
Of course I will 🥰 I had a dermaplane facial a few years back which I found a bit underwhelming but this sounds a bit more in depth so I’m feeling more optimistic
---

I look after my skin and definitely see it as a treat, it looks like the place I’m going do ones tailored to summer, winter etc when your skincare is likely to need a bit more care, which I quite like the idea of, so if I’m happy with the results then I’ll probably go down that route. Although the pictures/videos they’ve shared on their socials are full of lovely, glowy post treatment skin so I do get the appeal of having it done more regularly too!

Last edited:

View attachment 2497803
View attachment 2497805
I've just got a book out of the library about colours and makeup. Just had a quick flick and I was impressed. Found myself immediately and was amazed that my coats and outerwear all match what it says I should be buying colour wise. I've been struggling with makeup colours (had seen somewhere else that makeup in shops is mostly summer or autumn colours and I'm winter!).
Now I've got some ideas and it shows you about application. I've noticed you can buy it online for under £3 so might do that. Here's some details about it via Waterstones site.
Screenshot_20231008-114429.png
Screenshot_20231008-114414.png

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is interesting, but what do you mean by the slight pear part? 😊
That's my body shape, I got that analysed as well. I always thought I was pear but people would tell me I had it wrong etc. but when I got analysed they told me I was a pear but a "slight" one as in my bottom half is bigger than my top but not as drastically as it usually is for someone who is a pear.
So I still go for clothes that suit a pear.
---
I've just got a book out of the library about colours and makeup. Just had a quick flick and I was impressed. Found myself immediately and was amazed that my coats and outerwear all match what it says I should be buying colour wise. I've been struggling with makeup colours (had seen somewhere else that makeup in shops is mostly summer or autumn colours and I'm winter!).
Now I've got some ideas and it shows you about application. I've noticed you can buy it online for under £3 so might do that. Here's some details about it via Waterstones site.
View attachment 2497888View attachment 2497889
That sounds brilliant!!! I must try and get it, thank you for sharing!
---
Here is a link to a quiz you can do online:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My Mum has always been a big proponent on figuring out what colours work for you. She had her 'colours done' in the 80s and has been quite committed to them ever since. Now when I shop I can hear her in my head 'But is that one of your colours?' 😂

• Haha
I think I know what colours suit me but always have trouble figuring out what season I really am, especially where the analysis asks you what jewellery suits you more or if your skin is warm, cool, or neutral tone. I literally don't know? Haha but I think I'm deep autumn, though I've seen it say that warm seasons don't suit white for example when I think I really do suit white. Most people do imo 😅

Reactions: 5
I think I know what colours suit me but always have trouble figuring out what season I really am, especially where the analysis asks you what jewellery suits you more or if your skin is warm, cool, or neutral tone. I literally don't know? Haha but I think I'm deep autumn, though I've seen it say that warm seasons don't suit white for example when I think I really do suit white. Most people do imo 😅
Does this sound familiar?
IMG_20231008_131030.jpg
IMG_20231008_131051.jpg

Not really haha 😂 I don't think my skin has yellow undertones and I don't have gold specs in my eyes but my hair probably has a bit more golden than ash tones in it. Also baby pink lipstick definitely doesn't suit me so I guess some of it works? I have very dark brown hair and eyes and pretty pale skin and look awful in pastels, light blue etc. I think I look best in white, black, maroon, dark green, turquoise etc.

I guess I probably already know what colours work for me so maybe don't need to know what season I am 🤣

Not really haha 😂 I don't think my skin has yellow undertones and I don't have gold specs in my eyes but my hair probably has a bit more golden than ash tones in it. Also baby pink lipstick definitely doesn't suit me so I guess some of it works? I have very dark brown hair and eyes and pretty pale skin and look awful in pastels, light blue etc. I think I look best in white, black, maroon, dark green, turquoise etc.

I guess I probably already know what colours work for me so maybe don't need to know what season I am 🤣
e7899e8a3f7019645166af0438e4166a.jpg

seasonal-color-analysis-palette-for-deep-autumn-vector-22974159.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.