Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really haha 😂 I don't think my skin has yellow undertones and I don't have gold specs in my eyes but my hair probably has a bit more golden than ash tones in it. Also baby pink lipstick definitely doesn't suit me so I guess some of it works? I have very dark brown hair and eyes and pretty pale skin and look awful in pastels, light blue etc. I think I look best in white, black, maroon, dark green, turquoise etc.

I guess I probably already know what colours work for me so maybe don't need to know what season I am 🤣
You sound like me - a winter. I have copper in my hair yet I'm still a winter.
ETA. I've been told that only true winter's can wear black and as I'm not a true one I can wear charcoal instead.
---

Reactions: 2
Tried the colour quiz- I came out as a winter. Not convinced by it as it didn't ask for my skin tone (mine has yellow undertones). I find that any lip colours that have a blue undertone make me look like a corpse.

You sound like me - a winter. I have copper in my hair yet I'm still a winter.
ETA. I've been told that only true winter's can wear black and as I'm not a true one I can wear charcoal instead.
---
I don't know, I don't think I'm completely a winter. Maybe something between autumn and winter 😅 either way I know what colours suit me so probably don't need to overthink it too much. I think most people look good in black tbh

i’ve been wanting to try and figure out my colours but i’m wondering if anyone can help me with this - if i dye my hair a very different colour than it is naturally, do i use my natural hair colour to figure out what season i am or do i use the colour it’s dyed?

Does anyone use those reusable make up remover pads?

I use 5 cotton pads (the big ones) a da -two to take off tubing mascara, two for cleanser and one for toner. Or sometimes just micellar water.

I am looking to get reusable ones but I would need about 35 for a week’s worth! I would be washing them with normal washing. Some of them say no softener but I will not be doing a special wash just for them and I use softener in my regular load.

And the drying bothers me. Loads of pads lying around flat.

I have a feeling that disposable ones will be phased out. I used to buy in Wilkos (RIP) and failing that Primark (the only thing apart from trainer socks that I buy in there). However Primark have discontinued them for sustainability reasons. (Don’t make me laugh, they started the rot for disposable fashion. I digress.)

Does anyone use them, which make, how do you wash n dry?

Reactions: 4
I've just got a book out of the library about colours and makeup. Just had a quick flick and I was impressed. Found myself immediately and was amazed that my coats and outerwear all match what it says I should be buying colour wise. I've been struggling with makeup colours (had seen somewhere else that makeup in shops is mostly summer or autumn colours and I'm winter!).
Now I've got some ideas and it shows you about application. I've noticed you can buy it online for under £3 so might do that. Here's some details about it via Waterstones site.
View attachment 2497888View attachment 2497889
I’ve wasted more time than I’d like to admit looking into this and I just end up in a muddle. Does that book have a section for olive skin tones? I think that’s me and I think that’s why I can’t draw a firm conclusion because I don’t fit neatly into a season?

I use 5 cotton pads (the big ones) a da -two to take off tubing mascara, two for cleanser and one for toner. Or sometimes just micellar water.

I am looking to get reusable ones but I would need about 35 for a week’s worth! I would be washing them with normal washing. Some of them say no softener but I will not be doing a special wash just for them and I use softener in my regular load.

I have a feeling that disposable ones will be phased out. I used to buy in Wilkos (RIP) and failing that Primark (the only thing apart from trainer socks that I buy in there). However Primark have discontinued them for sustainability reasons. (Don’t make me laugh, they started the rot for disposable fashion. I digress.)

what are you doing to use 5 a day?
I tried washable cottons years ago. Not great for intended use.

what are you doing to use 5 a day?
I tried washable cottons years ago. Not great for intended use.
One each for each eye - water only because its tubing mascara. Double cleanse (live in grimy London) plus another one for toner = 5

In the morning I use a rinse off cleanser or water so no pad used.

i’ve been wanting to try and figure out my colours but i’m wondering if anyone can help me with this - if i dye my hair a very different colour than it is naturally, do i use my natural hair colour to figure out what season i am or do i use the colour it’s dyed?
I notice on the videos I mentioned above they cover the hair and clothes and you have to be no makeup. So they're looking at your skin tone.
---

I use them and just leave it to dry over the bath then chuck in the laundry bin. I like some I got from Amazon, but I must say I've started wondering if a bog standard facecloth would work just as well, and it seemed to when I tried it.

What foundation does everyone use? I’ve been a bit lost since The ordinary discontinued their foundation, I don’t wear it much anyway. I’ve got a night out on Friday and I really want a nice high coverage one if anyone has a good cheap-ish one they can recommend? I’m pregnant and suffering with a bit of acne so high coverage would really help. Thanks 🙏 😊
*Boots do a colour match to your skin and maybe a tinted foundation would work that way you could use it often and get a good concealer for the areas you want to cover more. Their prices are reasonable I think the tinted moisturiser is under £14.

I want a Hydra facial just to see what the gunk looks like 😂

*I don’t work for Boots and this isn’t an ad! 🤪

• Haha
I’ve wasted more time than I’d like to admit looking into this and I just end up in a muddle. Does that book have a section for olive skin tones? I think that’s me and I think that’s why I can’t draw a firm conclusion because I don’t fit neatly into a season?
I can't see anything having a quick flick, but I remember that they are looking at your "undertone".

*Boots do a colour match to your skin and maybe a tinted foundation would work that way you could use it often and get a good concealer for the areas you want to cover more. Their prices are reasonable I think the tinted moisturiser is under £14.

I want a Hydra facial just to see what the gunk looks like 😂

*I don’t work for Boots and this isn’t an ad! 🤪
Don’t rate hydrafacials. Been getting one a month (got a bulk deal last year) and can’t say I’ve seen a massive improvement in my skin.
Maybe good if you’ve got bad skin I suppose

• Heart
I use them and just leave it to dry over the bath then chuck in the laundry bin. I like some I got from Amazon, but I must say I've started wondering if a bog standard facecloth would work just as well, and it seemed to when I tried it.
It sounds like a faff, I don’t want them hanging around the bath.

One each for each eye - water only because its tubing mascara. Double cleanse (live in grimy London) plus another one for toner = 5

In the morning I use a rinse off cleanser or water so no pad used.
I see.
Interesting.
I do all my cleansing in the shower so use none. Rarely use a toner so once I’m out the shower my skin is clean and just do my serums/moisturiser.
It is a faff have reusable. I have about 15 cotton face cloths to dry my face each time I’ve washed so I’m not just using a dirty towel.

Reactions: 1

I tried them but found they absorbed more product than I could get on my face! I use the Essence Make up Remover pads with an oil based cleanser to remove all my makeup and SPF, including eye makeup, and then use a water based cleanser with a flannel afterwards. I don't bother with cotton rounds for my toner, just tap it onto the skin instead. The Essence pads are like large round flannels and have a spongey centre, work really well for getting product out of your eyelashes. As for washing, I wash all my towels and flannels in a separate wash. Just wash with detergent and no softener and then tumble dry. Softener will stop the absorbancy of your towels as it coats the fibres in the fabric.

I go through phases of using normal cotton pads and reusable ones. When I use reusable ones I find it easier to use a cleansing balm to break down my make up first and then I only need to use one reusable pad to wipe it all away. Then I do a second cleanse with a gel cleanser, just using my hands like a regular face wash, to make sure it’s all away. I put them in a small laundry bag and chuck them in with my regular wash (with softener) and they turn out fine. To dry I hang them on a radiator clothes hanger out of sight in the spare bedroom. I buy them from Amazon, you can usually get a large quantity for a decent price.

Have you tried large cotton pads? I feel less wasteful when I use these as I only tend to use one at a time.
IMG_9036.jpeg

I go through phases of using normal cotton pads and reusable ones. When I use reusable ones I find it easier to use a cleansing balm to break down my make up first and then I only need to use one reusable pad to wipe it all away. Then I do a second cleanse with a gel cleanser, just using my hands like a regular face wash, to make sure it’s all away. I put them in a small laundry bag and chuck them in with my regular wash (with softener) and they turn out fine. To dry I hang them on a radiator clothes hanger out of sight in the spare bedroom. I buy them from Amazon, you can usually get a large quantity for a decent price.

Have you tried large cotton pads? I feel less wasteful when I use these as I only tend to use one at a time.
View attachment 2498584
Thanks, they are the ones I am using at the moment! I think I am going to stick to these for now. I have a feeling these will all disappear from shops due to sustainability and single use etc but until then the others seem like a faff I don’t need.

Reactions: 3
Maybe just use a cleansing balm and facecloth then. I bloody love a cleansing balm. Takes the whole lot off in one go including mascara. Great when you're knackered, which I usually am. 😀

Reactions: 7

I’ve been using the below face cloths for a few years now- great to take off all make up and gentle on the skin. Wash really well too.

WXJ13 8 Pieces Magic Makeup Remover Cloth Makeup Remover Towel Microfiber Face Cleansing Cloths Reusable Makeup Towel Washable 8 Colors https://amzn.eu/d/g67iNK1

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.