Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend any good skin care / acid etc?
I have some dry areas around my chin which looks like bumps under the skin then dry area
Thank you!
Sounds like you could do with some niacinamide for the bumps if it's congested, and definitely hyaluronic acid for the dryness

Gold_7

Chatty Member
Thanks both - any guidance on the shades? I’m ordering online and the swatches aren’t that helpful..

indeedjoy

Can anyone recommend any good skin care / acid etc?
I have some dry areas around my chin which looks like bumps under the skin then dry area
Thank you!

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
Hello!

Does anyone have an eyelash curler recommendation? Mine broke today. I’ve only ever spent a few quid on them but don’t mind spending a bit more. Thank youu!

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Sorry about the gaps on my post. Tattle is proper playing up for me of late

I go for the lightest one but I know CT have a skin matcher Online

harveydean

VIP Member
I follow curly girl!

I have high protein, low porosity type 2c curls. Its worth finding that out so you know what products are going to help your hair

I do no poo (no shampoo) and instead cowash with shea moisture conditioner. I finger detangle in the bath whilst it still has conditioner in. I then plop overnight. For non wash days I pineapple my hair and wear a silk bonnet or use a silk pillowcase.

I use cantu curl defining cream.

Wash twice a week.
Thank you! do you rinse any of your conditioner out? And plopping overnight…please explain 😂

MrsLucas

VIP Member
So I tried extra hold hairspray last night after blow drying. I basically pin curled the bottom so the flick would hold (lol next joke) and then sprayed it. Took it out and it just didn’t work.

I didn’t know if rollers with pins would work? I just want it to hold without anything so it looks silky but I know I’m asking for too much. Hate how heavy my hair is sometimes 🙃
Hey I know it’s £££ but the Dyson airwrap and some sea salt spray works so well if you haven’t already tried.

EddyDarling

VIP Member
I'm currently testing out the Revolution vegan hair gummies (on top of my other multivitamins)
They taste foul 😭

Has anyone used the website Flannels?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I have a similar issue and as I’ve got older I have a wider parting too. I use hair fibres and have for a while. You basically dust them on and work them in a bit with your fingers and they disguise a widening parting or any small less hairy bits like your crown. I get mine on Amazon and they come in loads of colours x
Thank you!! *runs to amazon* ❤

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Had anyone elver tried the Alfaparf Treatment on their hair? It is supposed to help with frizz, my local hairdresser does it and am thinking of trying it but a bit fed up of "miracle" treatments that never work. I have a do coming up and want to not look like I usually do ie: I took a shortcut through a hedge.

I just find that no matter how much effort I make getting done up, my frizzy hair always means I look like I never even ran a comb through my hair before I went out.
If it's for a do and you have time, why not just book in for a blow dry before it?

mindlessness

VIP Member
has anyone heard of ShowerTok?
I don't have tiktok, but stumbled across it in this Bustle article and it sounded 1) mostly like those things are bad for your skin long-term and 2) some of those "hacks" that tiktok folks don't realise have been around forever.
Oh interesting! I’d missed this Yeah it’s nothing revolutionary but I kind of like it? 😅 I love baths and am totally for an involved Shower or Bath routine 😆

Definitely sounds like some could be over exfoliating? I love those Japanese shower cloths but only for a weekly scrub not every day (I use the green ones).

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Lip balms always seem to stop working after a while. Cycling through all of my keepers throughout the day has given me unheard of for me smooth and healthy lips. 🙂

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Hello!
Does anyone have good recommendations for a under clothes slip sort of thing?
I’m currently a 10 but find my lower tummy pouch makes an unflattering side profile when in pencil skirts and such. I just need something to smooth it all out!
Not slips but the seamless items from Heist make skirts sit brilliantly (I get PMS bloating at inconsistent times, so frustrating!) and their tights are amazing.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Apologies if it’s been mentioned on here before (I’m sure it has!) but has anybody had laser hair? I am booked in for a patch test for my top lip. How many sessions do you need for the hair to completely go? Debating getting my legs done too.
What kind of laser? I had 10 sessions for legs, bikini,and underarms and it didn't work for me, only got a small reduction. From what I heard, face usually takes longer than other areas. If I was going to do it again, I think I would look at electrolysis.