Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

harveydean

VIP Member
I need your tips for stripping out a semi permanent colour please. I have had a year’s worth of root smudges which has a warm undertone. I’m wanting to get rid so I can have highlights.

I’m using head and shoulders and tried bicarbonate of soda, but wondering if anyone has any secret tips?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I'm a convert to the Blowout Professor, I've been following his washing and styling methods with great success, this is his advice on growth

I keep meaning to look at his videos, you recommended them before. I am rubbish at blow drying, is there any particular one you recommend?

fakesheikh

Chatty Member
There are so many old wives tales out there.
For me, I eat garlic and olive oil every day. I’m
Greek. I was ill for the first time in five years just before Christmas, so I’d call that a win. I also still use antiseptic spray on my hands if I’m out, it’s one habit I’ve kept from the pandemic. I truly think it helps.
How do you eat your garlic? Like pickled clove or just make sure it’s in your food?

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I’ve been using the Paw Paw overnight mask on my lips and it’s been a lifesaver in this awful weather! Keeps my lips nice and soft! 💕

Treated myself to some new skincare products yesterday including some The Inkey List things. Anyone used their products before? I got the oat cleansing balm and the madecassoside mask for stressed skin. I’ve been forcing myself to have a proper skincare routine before bed and I’m really starting to see a difference after a month! 😁
I've the Polygluatmic Acid serum, which is great to moisturize my skin without making it oily! The succinic acid treatment is also amazing for getting rid of spots.
I have the Omega Water cream, still unsure about that one. It does feel like water on the skin once you start rubbing and I'm not sure that it actually does anything.

not_influenced

VIP Member
Do you let it sit for a moment before washing it off? It could be a bit too weak for you, if you're after the exfoliating effect or you haven't used it for a long enough time yet.
I let it sit for maybe 15-20 seconds then wash off. Like i would wash one arm, later the other, then wash off the first arm? I'm thinking of doing bodybrush and maybe some CerVa SA moisturizer??

If i told you …

VIP Member
What’s the best collagen supplement guys? I’ve been taking tabs but think they’re pretty shitty because I’m not seeing all these differences 🤣
I use absolute collagen. It comes ready to drink in a very small sachet. It has deferent flavours. You get used to it. Each sachet is 8000mg

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Smart-casual can be difficult for an event. One piece of parental advice I've always found works in these situations is, it's better to be a little too formal than a little too casual. I'd go for a jumpsuit with long blazer and some ankle boots. A summer jumpsuit can work well with a turtleneck under it to keep warm - this sort of look (imagine with ankle boots rather than brogues):

View attachment 1905095
Oh that's lovely and very smart.
I'd never pull it off 😭😂

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I actually don't rate Olaplex at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it actually damaged my hair.
It’s not the same I only rate olaplex shampoo and I use it maybe 1/3 washes I have very long thick hair and it really does work also Color wow is good if you haven’t tried that yet x

EffingDust

Chatty Member
Ladies! What am I doing wrong? I purchased CeraVe SA shower gel. Haven't noticed any change? Shower once a day, lather it on skin then wash off. Am I missing something?
I think actives need to sit on the skin a bit to be honest. At least 30 mins. I think you’re better getting a moisturiser with it in, or add it yourself by buying the active and mixing it before applying.

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Personally I’ve had no problems with flannels (it’s been a few years tho) but they’re owned by sports direct and I’ve heard a few stories that’s put me off them
What stories?
For reference I just saw an Alexander McQueen bag pop up but not sure if the price is too good to be true

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Those of you who use the Korean exfoliators, I used a yellow one after soaking in the bath and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

givemethenight

I really want to try LVL, but I already feel crazy getting my nails done every two weeks when I work from home and only go to my local on a Saturday 😂😂😂
I know what you mean, but they’re so lovely! Makes getting ready in the mornings so much quicker. Perfect eyelashes every time! Maybe treat yourself if you have an event/special occasion coming up. The only thing to note is you’re not supposed to get them wet/out any mascara on for 24 hours so if you’d need to get them done at least a day in advance x

Bluesilverfix25

Chatty Member
Looking for advice. I am looking for a flattering, smart casual outfit for a family do.
I would like something to slim the belly area. Slightly freaking out about it!

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Is there anyway to make eyebrows grow? My brows are not over plucked at all, I’m 30 and can probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve waxed or threaded. I’d really like them a bit thicker but I’m assuming it’s impossible but hoping that one of you know some kind of miracle to grow hair 😂😂
Most people say I’m lucky as they’ve a good shape but it’s not the shape I chose 😂😂 and they’re too short too.

here are my brows in their natural state, I’ve not touched them since October.

View attachment 1910032
I wish I had eyebrows like yours! Mine are virtually non existent

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I have curly but fine hair. I use mini u curly spray from amazon. Its really good for forming curls before plopping or diffusing

candyland_

VIP Member
Can I remove acrylic nails at home or is it best to go back to the salon and have them do it? I have only had them a week but I miss short nails.