Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did you get it from? Is it similar to the Korean on mentioned?
I already had one, the brand is 'Kelebek Kese', I believe you can find it on Amazon. The suggested method is that you stand under warm water for a couple minute so the skin supple. Afterwards it's fairly easy to exfoliate, I used a bit more force on my legs but the arms didn't take much work at all. I think the Korean technique is the same? After exfoliating, I used used my soap and my regular washcloth to shower and moisturized afterwards.

Don't be an idiot like me and try to vigorously exfoliate yourself in the steaming shower, make sure there is enough air because I almost passed out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Kerastase genesis range is perfect for postpartum hair loss
Or a cheaper but equally good alternative is Alfaparf energising scalp range, the one in the mint green coloured bottle
been searching this thread looking for anything to do with postpartum hair so hope you don’t mine me jumping in to ask, does this also help with postpartum extreme greasiness? 🙃 I’m guessing the culprit is hormones but I wash my hair in the morning and it looks like it needs washing again by the evening 😩😖

or if anyone has any good recommendations for shampoos for oily scalps please send them my way! Currently using Ouia fine hair but it’s not helping at all!

Reactions: 2
been searching this thread looking for anything to do with postpartum hair so hope you don’t mine me jumping in to ask, does this also help with postpartum extreme greasiness? 🙃 I’m guessing the culprit is hormones but I wash my hair in the morning and it looks like it needs washing again by the evening 😩😖

or if anyone has any good recommendations for shampoos for oily scalps please send them my way! Currently using Ouia fine hair but it’s not helping at all!
In the past when my hair has been super greasy I've really liked Bumble & Bumble's Sunday shampoo. It's meant to be like a weekly deep cleanse, and then you use your normal shampoo for the other hair washes.

for anyone trying the korean towels dont be a fool like me and make sure you find one that’s suitable for your skin.

i didnt realise they had different ’exfoliationlevels 🤣 used the strongest one and rubbed myself raw 🤣🤣

i would recommend a clarifying shampoo once a week

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the replies! I do have the olaplex clarifying and a sample of the Ouia detox but neither have made much of a difference 😖 there’s a travel size of the bumble and bumble on look fantastic so might order that to try!

I’ve been using the L’Oréal Professional vitamino colour range alongside an in-shower scalp massager for almost 2 months and I’ve noticed a huge difference in the amount of new hairs I’ve been sprouting.

I didn’t know this until after I’d bought it but this range contains resveratrol which is apparently known to promote new hair growth! (I read a few studies but the science goes way over my head)

I’ve always struggled with my hair due to hypothyroidism and PCOS causing a lot of hair loss so to see so much new hair growth is really promising. I’d say the new hairs are about 2cm in length which is totally unheard of for my hair to grow that amount in 2 months - I average about an inch a year if I’m lucky with very little noticeable regrowth. My curls are sitting so much nicer too and feel really moisturised!

I’d previously been using rosemary oil and water which definitely does work, but I feel like it dried my hair out over time. I also noticed more of a difference in the length of my hair with rosemary rather than new growth, and I’m aiming for thicker hair not longer hair.

9B33D99D-CE83-4C79-9436-E4FBE51C804F.jpeg
23A25140-E4A7-41E0-986E-7EC083B6FCB5.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Looking for advice. I am looking for a flattering, smart casual outfit for a family do.
I would like something to slim the belly area. Slightly freaking out about it!

Looking for advice. I am looking for a flattering, smart casual outfit for a family do.
A pair of tailored black or navy trousers with a good quality white tee shirt/shirt/ light sweater and blazer (possibly caramel colour?). Add a scarf or chunky necklace, loafers or low heeled shoes, nice handbag.

• Heart
Are you more comfortable in dresses or trousers? And generally, more lose fitting or tailored for tops?

Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)
I feel like everything looks good when you’re skinny. I’m a size 12, which I feel like is pretty average but I still feel huge when I try on clothes. This girl I follow on Instagram has an amazing body, she manages to make Primark outfits look like they’re from high end boutiques

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I feel like everything looks good when you’re skinny. I’m a size 12, which I feel like is pretty average but I still feel huge when I try on clothes. This girl I follow on Instagram has an amazing body, she manages to make Primark outfits look like they’re from high end boutiques
Absolutely! I'm a size 14/16 & feel like nothing looks glam on me yet skinny girls always look incredible. I'm trying to lose weight but it's so hard

• Heart
Thanks for the replies! I do have the olaplex clarifying and a sample of the Ouia detox but neither have made much of a difference 😖 there’s a travel size of the bumble and bumble on look fantastic so might order that to try!
Have you tried vinegar? My grandmother swore by it for greasy hair. After the shampoo and rinse, you rinse your hair with a water-apple cider vinegar mix and leave it on for 5~ minutes. Then you do a second thorough rinse with cool water (or cold, if you can stand the temperature).

You need to start following some new people on socials darling. There are some gorgeous curvier brunettes - look at Nigella! Salma, Penelope… reacquaint yourself with non skinny blondes.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I feel the same way. Being glam isn't exactly my goal but I never feel elegant. It may be a state of mind but the way one looks sure does help. A goal of mine this year is to be kind to myself so I'm practising a better language when I talk to myself or about myself, but when the time to buy a piece of clothing I need arrives, I feel like tearing my whole skin off. :rolleyes: I hate comparing myself to unattainable ideals (for me), it always leaves me feeling like a cave woman when the truth is far from it. It's hard to rewire the mind but the effort will be worth the results, I hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Amal Clooney is my ultimate glam inspo, she is skinny but I feel like brunette hair tends to be a lot shinier and generally looks healthier than blonde so to me mid-dark brown hair is peak glam (I’m mouse brown with balayage so don’t think I’m biased in saying that!)

Reactions: 6
Are you more comfortable in dresses or trousers? And generally, more lose fitting or tailored for tops?
Thank you, I’m quite flexible but would prefer trousers as it’ll be cold. I have put on some weight so wouldn’t want anything too fitted

Thank you, I’m quite flexible but would prefer trousers as it’ll be cold. I have put on some weight so wouldn’t want anything too fitted
If it’s a meal remember you will only be seen from the waist down.
Slim line black trousers. M&S do some nice jersey ones, pull on so no waistband cutting you in half and smooth round the tum.
Then a tunic top. And a good bra!
Indulge in a haircut and blow dry to boost your confidence

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.