Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got a whole load of clinique moisturisers, eye creams and cleansers etc for Christmas and the difference in my skin after just 1 week is incredible. My skin is glowing. Makeup sits better and I just look fresh!

Previously I was just using some cheap nivea moisturiser from home bargains!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy New Year! I’ve just found this thread so sorry if this has been asked before…but does anyone have any tips for growing a fringe out in a stylish way? I have it swept to the side at the moment which is ok but it does sometimes look like a weird toupee/combover…😂. My hair is quite think and prone to wave/frizz a bit.
So glad you called it a fringe and not 'bangs' 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So glad you called it a fringe and not 'bangs' 😂😂
I was gutted as a child when I found out bangs was just a fringe and not something that only American people had - it was late 70s very early 80s. Even more so when I realised a barrette was a hair slide 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone tried the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter?

Yes. I've tried it and all the the dupes toI it also.

Imo opinion, nothing compares to flawless filter, but if I had to pick a cheaper alternative then deffo collection filter finish.

Reactions: 1
Thanks both - any guidance on the shades? I’m ordering online and the swatches aren’t that helpful..

Sorry about the gaps on my post. Tattle is proper playing up for me of late

I go for the lightest one but I know CT have a skin matcher Online

Thanks both - any guidance on the shades? I’m ordering online and the swatches aren’t that helpful..
What’s your skin tone? I have FF and LOVE it… but also have the collection 2000 dupe. Never as good, but I do know people who prefer if. FF definitely has more coverage than the name suggests (which I like).

Reactions: 1
What’s your skin tone? I have FF and LOVE it… but also have the collection 2000 dupe. Never as good, but I do know people who prefer if. FF definitely has more coverage than the name suggests (which I like).
I don’t really understand how to determine skin tone tbh - the guidance is so vague and I seem to fit into all the categories. Yellow warm cool - no bloody idea. I usually mix my foundation shades to get the shade I want - e.g. I mix IT cosmetics Fair and Medium and that suits me.

Reactions: 2
I don’t really understand how to determine skin tone tbh - the guidance is so vague and I seem to fit into all the categories. Yellow warm cool - no bloody idea. I usually mix my foundation shades to get the shade I want - e.g. I mix IT cosmetics Fair and Medium and that suits me.
I just go by blue veins - cool. Green veins - warm.

Reactions: 2
It’s weird though I’ve blue / purple veins but my skin tone is warm.
Oh really? For me it's straight forward. I'm so pale I can see my blue veins throughout my body 😂. Do you have any green veins cause then they'd say your neutral?

Naw none. My skin is very tanned. I wear 6.5 in luminous silk - swatch below.
Just checked my milk bottle pale husband his are also blue but I’ve more dark blue / purple ones than he does.
No way that's mad. Yours are darker then mine. Mine are a proper cool light blue.
20230103_093512.jpg

My beauty buys
1 Shrine hair colour. It comes in a small bottle and you mix a few drops with conditioner. Since deciding to go grey I use it to do a few highlights. I have acqua, blue, purple and pink. It lasts about 10 washes so I can change according to my mood.
2 Mac cream blusher. Always used powder but this is amazing and the consultant suggested a colour that was one that I wouldn’t have considered.
3 Astral. Not as a moisturiser but as a makeup remover with a face cloth. A friend with great skin said she used it and I am hooked.
4 L’Oréal lipsticks. Just as good as my favourite Bobbi Brown but cheaper.
5 Rosalique cream. Great for redness and rosacea and is a tinted moisturiser that improves your skin

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.