Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Sweaty Betty leggings and then a T-shirt plus sweatshirt or jumper over the top.
I don’t work anymore but I’m out and about a lot doing the horses or walking the dog

Reactions: 3
If I'm in the house I just wear my partners t shirts. I'm just over 8 stone and he's 18 stone so they are like nighties on me lol.

Reactions: 7
@StillLucilleBluth I wouldn't duck with bleach at home. Can go wrong way too easily, you can over process and fry it, under process and it's orange, can snap off, etc.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?
I started using LRP cicaplast Baumé a few weeks ago after also getting really dry patches and it’s made a huge difference! Love it! It feels really thick but melts down and sinks in quickly.

Reactions: 4
Ooo I see them adanola leggings on vinted all the time. Might invest in a pair then if they are good. I've never worn primark clothes just assume cause they are cheap the quality is tit and I just can't do that to myself lol.
Trust me, the only primark clothing I buy is the PJs/underwear and last time I bought the joggers. I was staying at my cousins house in my new joggers and I was on the floor on all fours, picking up my joggers fluff, thinking “duck I deserve better than this” 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I love Sweaty Betty leggings and then a T-shirt plus sweatshirt or jumper over the top.
I don’t work anymore but I’m out and about a lot doing the horses or walking the dog
The power leggings I used to love 4/5 years ago. Now they’re too short and they use what feels like a different material. ☹

Reactions: 1
Has anyone got any good recommendations for black leggings?
not adanola I don’t like the new shiny material
Thank you!
Mint velvet do very nice leggings. Good material and high waisted with enough Lycra in to keep their shape and pull you in too

Hi - looking for some tips and recommendations for my young daughters hair please 🙏 She has thick, long hair with curls, (it’s beautiful and I’m jealous) but I’m finding it really hard to manage as she is getting older.

Need a quick updo for school (we leave the house at 6:30am!) but also don’t want to load down with loads of products as (and I get this may sound a bit weird to some) but I don’t want to put a load of chemicals on her skin, hair and body at such a young age. So I guess I’m looking for some tips on how to look after her hair, how to keep her beautiful curls without brushing them out and any good products or tips.
At the moment we:
- Try to limit dry brushing
- Use a T-shirt to dry her hair
- Wash & condition once a week
- Use Cantu products although I can’t say I’m super impressed with them
- Have just started to use castor oil at night

If you have any other tips, please let me know, you’ll be helping a mamma out !

Hi - looking for some tips and recommendations for my young daughters hair please 🙏 She has thick, long hair with curls, (it’s beautiful and I’m jealous) but I’m finding it really hard to manage as she is getting older.

Need a quick updo for school (we leave the house at 6:30am!) but also don’t want to load down with loads of products as (and I get this may sound a bit weird to some) but I don’t want to put a load of chemicals on her skin, hair and body at such a young age. So I guess I’m looking for some tips on how to look after her hair, how to keep her beautiful curls without brushing them out and any good products or tips.
At the moment we:

Maybe a silk pillowcase or child’s silk bonnet at night to help prevent any frizz on the curls?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you to whoever mentioned the vitamin c mask. My skins really taken hit this winter and now looks fabulous!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you!
People might kill me for saying this, but Shein have the best leggings I’ve ever owned. They’re the Glow Mode FeatherFit Crossover ones- buttery soft, high waisted, super flattering, and I’ve worn them to work almost every day for about 5 months and they still feel like new. A bargain for £19!

Reactions: 8
Maybe a silk pillowcase or child’s silk bonnet at night to help prevent any frizz on the curls?
Are they worth it ? They’re so expensive that I cheapened out and bought a satin one instead a little while back 🙈 But now wondering if I should just pay the money and get a real silk one

@StillLucilleBluth I wouldn't duck with bleach at home. Can go wrong way too easily, you can over process and fry it, under process and it's orange, can snap off, etc.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?
I'm really liking weleda skin food moisturiser, lovely and rich and smells like a spa day. It's currently on buy one get one half price in Holland and Barratt.

Reactions: 4
Thank you!
They're not cheap but I'm a big fan of Lululemon leggings. Definitely worth trying a few of their styles on if you have a store near you. Though warning the staff are lovely but a bit in-your-face-friendly:LOL:

A few of my current lulu pairs I've had for like...6/7 years. One pair I owned for a decade! They also have a great replacement policy - my sister had a pair of leggings with some thread issues after few months of wear and took them in to store and they replaced them without any fuss.

Reactions: 2
really going to try keeping a self care / beauty routine this year! since the pandemic i haven't really worn makeup (used to not leave the house without it!) but i just want to feel like an elevated version of myself when bare faced. got an at home gel kit for xmas and like it so far, hoping to keep it up every 2/3 weeks. i do have a relaxing shower / pamper routine every sunday:
oil cleanse / slugging, shave face with eyebrow razor and oil, second gel cleanse
brush teeth and teeth whitening strips for an hour while showering
shampoo twice and hair mask, usually amika the kure or elasticizer
wash body and shave while hair mask sits
rinse hair, add oil or leave in. dry w microfibre towel
sheet mask once out the shower - if at home i'll steal a foreo ufo one from my mum
take whitening strips off and brush teeth etc again
want to try at home ipl too, currently have all the gear and no idea. also going to try a vit c mask next weekend after stalking the thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can anyone recommend a “leave in conditioner” you can use on dry hair? I have Olaplex 6 but use that on washed hair. Day two/three I redo heatless curls but want to add moisture but not weigh it down with a serum. I’ve spent an hour looking but can’t see anything that doesn’t say to use on towel-dried hair.

Can anyone recommend a “leave in conditioner” you can use on dry hair? I have Olaplex 6 but use that on washed hair. Day two/three I redo heatless curls but want to add moisture but not weigh it down with a serum. I’ve spent an hour looking but can’t see anything that doesn’t say to use on towel-dried hair.
what about damping it with a spray bottle and then using the palmers leave in conditioner spray, I used to use it as a detangler, think Superdrug stocked it x

Thank you!
Topshop leggings from ASOS are great. I've had mine since first lockdown and they wash well. I wear them around the house and on the dog walks.

At the moment we:

I would avoid brushing her hair at all, only comb it when wet. Try As I Am products. The co wash is great as is the butter cream for styling. And always use a leave in conditioner. Cantu is my fave xx

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.