Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've loved reading this thread, right up my street!

I'm looking for some advice/magic tips - I'm petite and look slim but I feel like my face looks so chubby? I feel fine looking in the mirror but photos etc I just want to vom (dramatic, I know). Has anyone got any tips for making your face appear less round, i.e makeup products/hairstyle etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I'm looking for some advice/magic tips - I'm petite and have lost 3 stone since having my baby 5 months ago, think I weigh about 9st13 now and 5'6. I look slim but I feel like my face looks so chubby? I feel fine looking in the mirror but photos etc I just want to vom (dramatic, I know). Has anyone got any tips for making your face appear less round, i.e makeup products/hairstyle etc?
Not sure what age you are, but you will love your round face when you get older.Your face slims down as you age, those with rounder faces tend to look less hollow.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not sure what age you are, but you will love your round face when you get older.Your face slims down as you age, those with rounder faces tend to look less hollow.
I'm only 25, that is true though I never thought of that

Reactions: 3
I did suspect shorter hair = harder work…

nooo my fantasy is ruined 😭
I find for me short hair is less work but that's because I have super thick hair which i straighten every day so it takes way less time blow drying and straightening short hair than when it was long. But yeah, can't really tie it up

i second this… all those celebs with buccal fat removal are going to be in for a very hard time when they get older. There’s a reason a lot of surgeons refuse to perform it as a procedure and feel it’s completely unethical

Reactions: 7
I grew my hair long for my wedding and the morning after my wedding my cousin chopped it all off I couldn’t wait😆 I love it short it’s just to my shoulders and so much easier for me

• Haha
Me too, about shaving off. My scalp is a mess too. I have a feeling people would recoil in the streets.
Same, mine is nearly to my bum and thick so I have had many thoughts about a full shave off especially in summer, but I’ve got a huge head under here and because it’s so naturally curly I’d start at a Phil Mitchell and grow out as a Disco Stu from the Simpsons. Long is all I can pull off 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Hey! Great thread!

So I feel like I’ve been on quite a journey with aesthetics and my face.
I had tear trough fillers about 18 months ago, it did make my eye bags look slightly better but not amazing. I feel like it’s wearing off now and my bags are coming back.
I’m worried to get it done again as I wasn’t too chuffed with them for the price.

Been looking into surgery, blephharoplasty.

just Wondering if anyone has had this?
or has any tips/asthetics for eye bags?
hey what filler did you get for under your eyes? I think it really depends on the brand they use
I love ole henriksen banana brightening under eye cream

Reactions: 1
My hair is extremely thin and fine. I used to have quiet thick hair but over past few years it has gone down hill. Might be from ill health and medicine. I am on a medical treatment which was originally made to be an alternative for chemo but didn't work for that. It doesn't list and side effects to do with hair but IDK.
I had super long hair up until the start of this year. I did used tape in extensions to bulk it out. At start of year I decided I should get it cut into a bob to get rid of all the dead uneven ends. It looked super cute at first and I was hopeful. Now it looks limp and fine and uneven 😿 I have been using oil and serums and expensive shampoos etc but not much luck so far. This past month I've been using a bundle pack of The Hair Lab by Mark Hill. Although I don't find anything wrong with the shampoo, condition, scalp tonic & heat protectant spray, I also don't see a difference. Actually though the heat protectant spray smells overwhelming!!!!! Other then that though meh 🤷‍♀️
I've just ordered BAMbeautiful thickening shampoo & conditioner along with John Frieda overnight miracle repair and renew mist. Hopefully I get good result 🤞🤞🤞🍀🍀🍀
I'm really tempted to get my hair cut again, like maybe short bob again. I feel like if I can cut the damage off, it will look better as it grows.

I'm looking for some advice/magic tips - I'm petite and look slim but I feel like my face looks so chubby? I feel fine looking in the mirror but photos etc I just want to vom (dramatic, I know). Has anyone got any tips for making your face appear less round, i.e makeup products/hairstyle etc?
You sound fine AF lol.

Reactions: 1
Yes, it's really good.
I have had the face one and body one in fair since Spring, never used it. I have just used. Don’t want to be tanned but less death warmed up in winter. Noticed that the face one can be used on face and body, and checking the ingredients the body and the face one are the same. If I like it I will just buy the economical body one. Does anyone else do that?

I have had the face one and body one in fair since Spring, never used it. I have just used. Don’t want to be tanned but less death warmed up in winter. Noticed that the face one can be used on face and body, and checking the ingredients the body and the face one are the same. If I like it I will just buy the economical body one. Does anyone else do that?
I use the body one on my face and never had a problem! Just gives a lovely warm glow

Reactions: 2
Like @prinnygrace I use the body one and usually put a bit over my face too, very subtle but nice effect. My OT likes the face one, he uses it every few days and looks just warmed up, no one has ever noticed he uses it. He used to use to Boots No 7 one but ran out and tried the Dove face one when I had some to hand, he now prefers it to the No 7. For some reason he won't use the body one on his face but no worry really as it's not expensive.

I also like Garnier Summer Body.

Reactions: 2
I second this. I hated having a round, baby face when I was young because I never looked like the girls in the magazines and wasn't really taken seriously in my jobs (everyone kept thinking I was the work experience kid; even when I headed up an entire team). I remember saving up for Kybella injections, but then went to a conference where a cosmetic surgeon was talking about how we (generally) don't grow into our faces/features until we hit our 30s and beyond.
That changed my perspective on it. You can always try add some definition with a Guasha facial massage stone (it'll really boost circulation in your face too, so you'll look very fresh-faced) along with contouring make-up (powder or cream-based products) or perhaps a layered hair cut.
Try not to do any procedure on your face Miaaaa as you're still young and growing into your face, your features etc. I'm certain you look absolutely beautiful just as you are

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Such gorgeous hair 😍 any tips?
Thanks so much 🥺🥺♥ The night before hair wash day I smoother my roots in argan oil. I shampoo twice to get all the oil out, then I blowdry it and use olaplex number 7 on the ends. I also brush my hair multiple times a day (I don’t know if this does anything but I just find it therapeutic 😂) ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I did suspect shorter hair = harder work…

nooo my fantasy is ruined 😭
I love long hair but I've been told it ages me :confused: and I look younger/better with a lob. They suit everyone and are dead easy to look after, it's all about finding the right one for you. I can't comment on short hair maintenance as I've never gone for shorter than a lob, but the lowest maintenance/best looking lob is one that can touch/be a bit longer than back of neck/shoulders/collarbone area IMO. You can still put it up easily, straighten, or style it. I think any shorter and you may find it more difficult to style (pic not me, just off google).

I showed the hairdresser this photo of Charlize Theron the first time I went for a lob, because I didn't want to go too short 😂 which was a great initial compromise for cutting off all my lovely (but ageing?) length! Now I usually go for the length in the other photo, and let it grow out to the Charlize photo.

1664514635233.png
1664515065437.png

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.