Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to see Michael Palin in Nottingham tonight so I’m looking forward to dressing up a little. I’m going to do my makeup and hair properly and I’m going to spend a couple of hours sorting my hands and gelling my nails.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning ladies
have any of you lovelies have an intralace system on your head? If so can you please give me tips on how to keep it tangle free when washing and drying it
Thank you in advance x

Do any of you get BIAB? I’m wondering how you find it?
I've been getting BIAB for around 6 months now and really recommend it - used to get acrylics. Biab has made my nails really strong and they have never been so long naturally as they are now. I can get 4 / 5 between nail appointments now too whereas with acrylics it was every three weeks

Reactions: 2
Sorry, for the pensioner in the corner, what’s BIAB please
A harder gel nail polish. Builder In a bottle. I believe biab is a brand by the gelbottle but other places might just call it builder gel.
I’ve been converted to the builder gel and my nails feel much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry, for the pensioner in the corner, what’s BIAB please
Haha I must be a pensioner too 😊
From google:
BIAB or Builder in a Bottle is a gel-like nail polish applied as an overlay on natural nails or short extensions. It works like a gel but it dries strong and durable, meaning you're less likely to chip between sessions.7 July 2021

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My hair used to be sooo long, it took forever to dry and was such a handful. This is before and after I got it cut 💇🏻‍♀️💇🏻‍♀️ My head literally felt lighter!!
Bit behind on this thread but just had to say WOW - what beautiful, thick, shiny hair! 💕

• Heart
Thanks so much

my nails are in a terrible state atm, both feet and hands. I’ve taken off the acrylics off so to let my nails breathe but they are just dreadful. Even my toe nails are falling off. I’m taking vitamins and biotin for a while now.

Thanks so much

my nails are in a terrible state atm, both feet and hands. I’ve taken off the acrylics off so to let my nails breathe but they are just dreadful. Even my toe nails are falling off. I’m taking vitamins and biotin for a while now.
I use cnd solar oil and rescue rxx morning and night. I just put solar oil on cuticles and around nails as I bite skin when anxious 😬 the rescue rxx I paint under my nail and on cuticles again. I can typically get 2 little travel bottles for about £5 from Amazon or eBay. They make a huge difference to the strength of my nails.

• Heart
I've been getting BIAB for around 6 months now and really recommend it - used to get acrylics. Biab has made my nails really strong and they have never been so long naturally as they are now. I can get 4 / 5 between nail appointments now too whereas with acrylics it was every three weeks
I'm the opposite. Biab didn't work for me, it was chipping off after a week, just like with any other gel manicure. At 40 pounds a pop it was not sustainable. I get extensions now and just accepted I won't have long natural nails. I can go 4-5 weeks with them, though I know they're probably making my natural nails even worse. But then again, so did biab. A lot of people had a lot of success with it though so I guess it just didn't work for me.

Bit behind on this thread but just had to say WOW - what beautiful, thick, shiny hair! 💕
Thank you so much 🥺♥♥

does anyone use anything for their lashes/brows for growth? I really want longer lashes and have heard castor oil or Vaseline. Or the more expensive treatments like retivalash (I think it’s called?) thank you xx

Reactions: 1
Thank you so much 🥺♥♥

does anyone use anything for their lashes/brows for growth? I really want longer lashes and have heard castor oil or Vaseline. Or the more expensive treatments like retivalash (I think it’s called?) thank you xx
Cannot recommend iGlow enough. Half the price of revitalash but didn’t upset my sensitive eyes.

• Heart
I got it for the first time in July and I’m hooked. With gel my nails would still break if I got it back to back so I would just get it for holidays and special occasions. BIAB makes them feel strong, I’ve now got a nice length for the first time ever and they last 4 weeks. Getting them infilled is also better for your nails than having to have them soaked off each time. I’ll probably get a fresh set next time to change the colour, this is my 2nd infill with this set. It’s my monthly treat now and makes me feel polished
A2FBEEE3-1CD8-4D89-9207-5A3BCD5C8DD1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey Lovelies - Could anyone recommend a decent tried and tested Primer that's suitable for dry skin? Nothing that's going to break the bank either 😬 Thankyou! 🥰

Hey Lovelies - Could anyone recommend a decent tried and tested Primer that's suitable for dry skin? Nothing that's going to break the bank either 😬 Thankyou! 🥰
I’ve heard weleda skin food is great for dry skin 🙂

Just picked up the Dove gradual tan (derma spa summer revived) from Home Bargains for £2.99. They also have the Garnier gradual tan for the same price. Not sure where people usually buy them from but I’ve seen them in places like Boots etc for almost £10 when not on offer. Just thought I’d let people know who are wanting to try it out. I’ve never tried it so hoping it’s as good as everyone has been saying!🤞🏼

Reactions: 6
I mix and match my primers.

Pat McGrath is my ultimate. Also love Elemis for smoothing out lines.
My favourite cheapy primer is The Ordinary high adherence.
I mix Smashbox Vitamin Glow with whatever I'm using and it gives a nice glowy boost.

This isn’t quite what you were asking, but I use hard gel when I do my nails at home and I finally have long, almond nails like I’ve always wanted. I just use bluesky - I’m sure there are much better brands! I go 3-4 weeks between doing my infills.

I love my Bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base primer, but it’s so expensive. Tried to find the primark dupe for ages but couldn’t find it ☹

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.