Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks both. I’ve been dying my hair for years and years but only with the new hairdresser I’m finding the fading so bad.

Reactions: 1
I have fine hair. I have been taking care of my hair since the start of the year and it has got a bit thicker but nothing major. I also take iron tablets. Any suggestions?

• Heart
I have fine hair. I have been taking care of my hair since the start of the year and it has got a bit thicker but nothing major. I also take iron tablets. Any suggestions?
Biotin supplements are meant to good for hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone tried heatless curls with fabric? Any good & any tips ? My hair feels very flat and limp feel like i need something!
Yes!!! I just literally cut up strips of rags and wrap my hair around them. Wake up in the morning with ringlets galore.

Look up Alfaparf energising tonic… can vouch myself that it’s amazing stuff

Reactions: 3
Look up Alfaparf energising tonic… can vouch myself that it’s amazing stuff
Thank you I'm going too. I have tried really hard to take care of my hair and there is definite improvement but it's still just mehhh. No bounce to it. Soft though lol.

Thank you I'm going too. I have tried really hard to take care of my hair and there is definite improvement but it's still just mehhh. No bounce to it. Soft though lol.
I have fine hair too, hard to get the bounce 😩 that stuff encourages and stimulates hair growth, it’s amazing for the price!!!

Iron is a great supplement to take, and Biotin too (as was said above). Something else that might help is regularly and gently massaging your scalp using your fingers - it helps to boost circulation all over your scalp (it also feels so nice/is a good stress reliever). I usually massage my scalp using a little bit of oil once a week, but I worry that using oil might weigh your hair down (which we don't want). What's your protein intake like? That can sometimes help hair to look and feel fuller, healthier etc.

• Heart
Hey! Great thread!

So I feel like I’ve been on quite a journey with aesthetics and my face.
I had tear trough fillers about 18 months ago, it did make my eye bags look slightly better but not amazing. I feel like it’s wearing off now and my bags are coming back.
I’m worried to get it done again as I wasn’t too chuffed with them for the price.

Been looking into surgery, blephharoplasty.

just Wondering if anyone has had this?
or has any tips/asthetics for eye bags?

Iron is a great supplement to take, and Biotin too (as was said above). Something else that might help is regularly and gently massaging your scalp using your fingers - it helps to boost circulation all over your scalp (it also feels so nice/is a good stress reliever). I usually massage my scalp using a little bit of oil once a week, but I worry that using oil might weigh your hair down (which we don't want). What's your protein intake like? That can sometimes help hair to look and feel fuller, healthier etc.
I mainly eat fruit, veg and porridge lol. I have one of those brushs for my scalp. Can't seem to find any good clarifying shampoos. I use oils on the ends of my hair and before I wash my hair. I follow Jasmine Lars and try to follow her advice as much as I can.

Reactions: 2
ive got very fine hair too, I’m lucky in that at least my hair is fairly thick to compensate! But it definitely is prone to being limp and lacking in volume.

I’ve tried a whole host of things, including washing less, tonics, thickening shampoo etc. After 10 years I’ve come to the conclusion that my hair strands are always going to be thin and I’ve got to work with that.

for example, I wear my hair in braids a lot now and pull out the strands to add volume;

and then obviously drying hair at the roots and leaving in rollers creates volume.

I’ve found eating healthy (tons of green veg and pulses) really does start to make a difference

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ive got very fine hair too, I’m lucky in that at least my hair is fairly thick to compensate! But it definitely is prone to being limp and lacking in volume.

I’ve tried a whole host of things, including washing less, tonics, thickening shampoo etc. After 10 years I’ve come to the conclusion that my hair strands are always going to be thin and I’ve got to work with that.

for example, I wear my hair in braids a lot now and pull out the strands to add volume;

and then obviously drying hair at the roots and leaving in rollers creates volume.

I’ve found eating healthy (tons of green veg and pulses) really does start to make a difference
Perfect season for green veggies too. Little tip for anyone upping their veggie intake, vitamin c helps your body take in plant based iron better.

I'm getting some new glasses today

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Perfect season for green veggies too. Little tip for anyone upping their veggie intake, vitamin c helps your body take in plant based iron better.

I'm getting some new glasses today
Can confirm the vit C tip. Source - an anemic who drinks copious amounts of orange juice.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I mainly eat fruit, veg and porridge lol. I have one of those brushs for my scalp. Can't seem to find any good clarifying shampoos. I use oils on the ends of my hair and before I wash my hair. I follow Jasmine Lars and try to follow her advice as much as I can.
Oh you’re really not getting much protein though! You need it for many many reasons, not just hair related. Could you maybe add a scoop of protein powder to your porridge? I love oats too (I’d starve without them tbh!) but realised I needed to round them out. I hate cooking and esp cooking meat (cannot handle the smell) so rely on protein supplements, canned beans/lentils and precooked chicken 😋

• Heart
Oh you’re really not getting much protein though! You need it for many many reasons, not just hair related. Could you maybe add a scoop of protein powder to your porridge? I love oats too (I’d starve without them tbh!) but realised I needed to round them out. I hate cooking and esp cooking meat (cannot handle the smell) so rely on protein supplements, canned beans/lentils and precooked chicken 😋
That's a good idea. My little boy has protein shakes for health reasons so dunno why I never thought of it for myself lol. Honestly I could live on porridge honey and strawberries!

• Heart
peas are also an often overlooked source of plant protein! I chuck frozen peas in everything now because I’m veggie and they’re cheap and easy.

Curries, stews, pastas, soups, salads, roasts - they go with literally everything

spinach and mushrooms are also good sources of protein and easy to chuck in a lot of meals. (Most veggie meat substitutes are made from mushroom protein)

if I’m getting sick of eating porridge, I’ll chuck some oats, spinach, protein powder and fruit (usually frozen mango, kiwi, banana) to make a smoothie. Chia seeds are good to chuck in for protein too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Any suggestions for an inexpensive hair straightener? Love me Airwrap but am looking for a sleeker look for the cooler months.

Picked up me new specs today, two pairs of the Vivienne Westwood X Specsavers collection. I love them and I can actually see 😂 VW is one of my favourite brands so I'm well chuffed.
Will attach pics of frames
The black are my everyday ones and the silver ones are my "interview" glasses, my smart pair

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Remington do good hair straighteners x
I think I saw some in Tk maxx actually, I'll pick them up when I'm next in!
I know ghd are the ultimate but I don't have £200 to spend on them at the moment, I'd rather spend that on my daughter's birthday day trip out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.