Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lovely lady I work with has gifted me a voucher for cult beauty, I was gonna use it to just replace what I’ve already got but I’m thinking of treating myself instead, any suggestions for a one off beauty treat? Not hair related though ❤ It’s 25 quid but I’ll put whatever else I need towards it. I’m quite heavily pregnant so could do with a treat to cheer me up 😂 I was going to buy the Vichy hyaluronic acid but they don’t sell it so I’ll just get that from boots

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love long hair but I've been told it ages me :confused: and I look younger/better with a lob. They suit everyone and are dead easy to look after, it's all about finding the right one for you. I can't comment on short hair maintenance as I've never gone for shorter than a lob, but the lowest maintenance/best looking lob is one that can touch/be a bit longer than back of neck/shoulders/collarbone area IMO. You can still put it up easily, straighten, or style it. I think any shorter and you may find it more difficult to style (pic not me, just off google).

I showed the hairdresser this photo of Charlize Theron the first time I went for a lob, because I didn't want to go too short 😂 which was a great initial compromise for cutting off all my lovely (but ageing?) length! Now I usually go for the length in the other photo, and let it grow out to the Charlize photo.

View attachment 1615149 View attachment 1615156
Oh God... after spending yeeears growing my hair I'm having those chop it off thoughts now. Those pics look SO nice 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I second this. I hated having a round, baby face when I was young because I never looked like the girls in the magazines and wasn't really taken seriously in my jobs (everyone kept thinking I was the work experience kid; even when I headed up an entire team). I remember saving up for Kybella injections, but then went to a conference where a cosmetic surgeon was talking about how we (generally) don't grow into our faces/features until we hit our 30s and beyond.
That changed my perspective on it. You can always try add some definition with a Guasha facial massage stone (it'll really boost circulation in your face too, so you'll look very fresh-faced) along with contouring make-up (powder or cream-based products) or perhaps a layered hair cut.
Try not to do any procedure on your face Miaaaa as you're still young and growing into your face, your features etc. I'm certain you look absolutely beautiful just as you are
Absolutely this! I felt like this in my 20s, then I got pregnant and I’m still carrying the baby weight. NOW I have the round face I thought I had then 😂

Gua sha feels amazing even if you don’t think it actually makes much difference. My face ✨tingles✨ afterwards and it makes my headaches feel better.

• Heart
A lovely lady I work with has gifted me a voucher for cult beauty, I was gonna use it to just replace what I’ve already got but I’m thinking of treating myself instead, any suggestions for a one off beauty treat? Not hair related though ❤ It’s 25 quid but I’ll put whatever else I need towards it. I’m quite heavily pregnant so could do with a treat to cheer me up 😂 I was going to buy the Vichy hyaluronic acid but they don’t sell it so I’ll just get that from boots
Nuxe dry oil! I think I'd gag if i smelt bio oil now from rubbing on bump for 9months!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I love long hair but I've been told it ages me :confused: and I look younger/better with a lob. They suit everyone and are dead easy to look after, it's all about finding the right one for you. I can't comment on short hair maintenance as I've never gone for shorter than a lob, but the lowest maintenance/best looking lob is one that can touch/be a bit longer than back of neck/shoulders/collarbone area IMO. You can still put it up easily, straighten, or style it. I think any shorter and you may find it more difficult to style (pic not me, just off google).

I showed the hairdresser this photo of Charlize Theron the first time I went for a lob, because I didn't want to go too short 😂 which was a great initial compromise for cutting off all my lovely (but ageing?) length! Now I usually go for the length in the other photo, and let it grow out to the Charlize photo.

View attachment 1615149 View attachment 1615156
I think that length is actually a pretty perfect compromise of being able to style it/keeping it low maintenance!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Absolutely this! I felt like this in my 20s, then I got pregnant and I’m still carrying the baby weight. NOW I have the round face I thought I had then 😂

Gua sha feels amazing even if you don’t think it actually makes much difference. My face ✨tingles✨ afterwards and it makes my headaches feel better.
Any particular one, and do you follow a routine?

Any particular one, and do you follow a routine?
I asked my sister for one for my birthday - it came in a box with a jade roller… but I couldn’t tell you the brand 😬 just don’t get a super cheap thin one. As for a routine, I just googled 😂 I do a bit of gentle lymphatic drainage and then really go for it on my shoulders and scalp whilst watching tv and waiting for the baby to wake up every £45 mins

Reactions: 1
Maybe some nice shower gels, so even when you’re having a 2 min rinse you feel special 😅 they do a Molton brown discovery set for £21

• Heart
I would use it towards one of the Edits they do. They don’t seem to have many at the minute which is a shame but they often do fragrance ones, skincare, makeup, brand specific etc. It’s a nice way to try a few different bits without paying full price.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've just looked on The White Smile website (is that where people get their Crest strips?), theres so many types! Which ones are the best?! HELP!

Reactions: 2
Just ordered, thanks! Will report back, do you use a sensitive toothpaste or just normal, I use Euthymol normally.
If any sensitivity use sensodyne. But generally if sensitivity id say to spread them out a bit more. Also if your out walking after doing one and it’s windy AF keep you mouth closed 🤣🤣🤣 it will give you a shock the cold on your teeth lol

• Haha
  • Heart
So the company I started at seems to be rather big on business travel and I just returned from my first business trip in over three years and will be going on two more in the next 5 weeks :oops:
The definite learning I already had was to take a second cardigan with me, even for short trips - we were at an in-door food market on the second night and all my clothes smelled like food and grease. Couldn't bear wearing the cardigan again the next day, so in my despair I tried getting the smell out by putting it into the mini-fridge overnight (didn't really work), so I re-wore a jumper.

Any seasoned business travelers here that could share your best tips and tricks? I've only very rarely been before and the new company will even throw an employee party and I have no idea how fancy/unfancy it'll be.

So the company I started at seems to be rather big on business travel and I just returned from my first business trip in over three years and will be going on two more in the next 5 weeks :oops:
The definite learning I already had was to take a second cardigan with me, even for short trips - we were at an in-door food market on the second night and all my clothes smelled like food and grease. Couldn't bear wearing the cardigan again the next day, so in my despair I tried getting the smell out by putting it into the mini-fridge overnight (didn't really work), so I re-wore a jumper.

Any seasoned business travelers here that could share your best tips and tricks? I've only very rarely been before and the new company will even throw an employee party and I have no idea how fancy/unfancy it'll be.
Kinda depends. Are you traveling on plane with colleagues or alone? And eating in the evenings do you do it as a company? Or are you alone? I've done both and both very different answers!? (But happy to help!)

Kinda depends. Are you traveling on plane with colleagues or alone? And eating in the evenings do you do it as a company? Or are you alone? I've done both and both very different answers!? (But happy to help!)
I’ll be going by plane alone and then very likely will be eating in company of colleagues most of the time, apart from maybe breakfast. I fear that I’ll look really frazzled by end of the day, especially if there’s no time to go back to the hotel in between.
I know it’s a bit stupid, but I’m self-conscious about my skin and all that and even though that trip is still two weeks away, I’ve been stressing out about what I should wear and not getting any pimples since they told me about that…:censored:

Last edited:

I used to do a lot of travelling with work.
- always take a dress and heels, just in case.
- take a small handbag in your large handbag.
- take a pair of flat shoes you can shove in your big handbag.
- keep liquid toiletries in their own bag incase they leak.
- take earplugs and eye mask Incase sleeping conditions aren’t great
- take a face mask incase you need a little bit of pampering before bed.
- keep your makeup and hair simple. You may have long days where topping up makeup and sorting your hair might not be possible.
- take a pillow spray. I have a lavender one that makes me feel like I’m at home. I hate the smell of hotel laundry detergent.
- take a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ll be going by plane alone and then very likely will be eating in company of colleagues most of the time, apart from maybe breakfast. I fear that I’ll look really frazzled by end of the day, especially if there’s no time to go back to the hotel in between.
I know it’s a bit stupid, but I’m self-conscious about my skin and all that and even though that trip is still two weeks away, I’ve been stressing out about what I should wear and not getting any pimples since they told me about that…:censored:
Alot of great tips posted by PP,
-For smelling clothes I'd decant some Lenor crease ease- easy freshen up
-For travel i use Estee lauder long wear and keep lippy topped up, or a long wear foundation/concealer suitable for your skin type
-hair, dry shampoo works wonders or styles you can practice and learn to craft. My personal favourite is "sleek bun" i.e greasy and tied back!
-i pack basic and interchangeable, weekday paper trousers- wear with blouse during day and Tshirt/tank at night, heels during day, Veja runners in evening.
- accessories really change an outfit.
-tinted moisturizer/tan is great and makes you look more awake

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Book my first gel mani in years for next week and got my wax too, gonna feel like a new woman by Wednesday night 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.