Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ginger tea

Chatty Member
There’s a great menopause thread on here, some very knowledgeable ladies. Check it out!
Thank you for taking the time 😊 Really appreciate it

What perfume is everyone wearing this summer ??

Last edited:

House of Tea

VIP Member
Anybody tried this?

It was mentioned on This Morning yesterday. Gets stonking reviews. You can get it on Cult Beauty and other UK sites.

I've got a few on the go:
Acqua Di Parma - Ginepro di Sardegna
Jo Malone - Wood Sage & Sea Salt
Penhaligons - Quercus plus a few others from a sample pack my mum gave me. I think Blenheim Bouquet is the other one I wear. I think they're actually both meant for men but I like them... I don't think I'd buy a whole bottle of either, though.

I always used to have Chanel No19 but I can't find that anywhere anymore. I guess they've discontinued it. I've got Gabrielle this time but I don't love it, so I don't tend to wear it - it's more of a winter scent anyway, although I can't really say why!
Can get Chanel No19 online and also in boutiques plus flagship stores.

sephre

Can anyone reccommened some wet look/leather (not too wet look, more like a coated style) look jeggings? My trusty miss selfridge ones have had it 🥺 Also where do you guys get your jeans from? Always been a fan of RI "molly jeans" but wanting to try something new.
For leather look jeggings, I recommend the urban bliss ones from new look. They are really comfy!

Jeans I am still on the hunt. Any that fit me round the waist are always too tight on my hips/thighs 😩

timtams

I have a Philips Lumea machine which has different size attachments for legs, underarms, face. They can be pricey, but I got a good deal on a Black Friday offer one year. Current Body also have a decent selection of devices.
Does it take a long time on legs? Do you have to do it in each spot and then move to the next spot and click it again, or is it more of a swipey motion? (Hope that makes sense!)

I’ve been getting IPL for Brazilian and underarms, but I feel like it would be amazing to not have to shave my legs. It’s just so expensive to get it done, but I’m worried it would take me ages at home and I’d never do it (my legs are longggg!)

chapterthree

Is there a way to link the original thread to this one? I want to read it all, a bit like when there’s threads for celebs etc?

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Depends when you last did it from what I've seen, but a week after should be ok! My scalp scrub has never altered my balayage if that's any helpful point of reference x
Thanks so much. I’ve got some Ordinary Glycolic Toner in the cupboard so I reckon I’ll give it a go.

i would definitely recommend lash extensions as it takes the stress away from trying to apply the damn strip ones and getting glue everywhere.

I would recommend a more subtle style, when i used to get them I usually asked for a slight cat eye affect as it really lifts the eyes, I would stay away from ‘russian’ though, they are not a good look in person
Thank you! How anyone can apply them neatly is beyond me

Lash extensions are good but I would recommend you get them done earlier because for example I'm allergic, the patch test they do is not really enough to show it but when I get them done I spend majority of my time sneezing. I guess you don't want that for your wedding day, so if you get them done early you can then get an infill before the wedding or there is enough time to get them removed. Wouldn't recommend lvl, too expensive and it makes little difference. If you're confident using eyeliner and want to use it on the day, then you may want to consider magnetic eyelashes
Ohh that’s interesting - I have very sensitive skin too!
The magnetic ones look so good - almost too good to be true?

JustmeKC

VIP Member
Yeap, Therapie on south William street D2 is where I go. It is an actual Doctor that does the injections so that made me feel safe. I've gotten both botox & lip fillers from there and am super happy with how it's all turned out. Other peoples reviews for there online that I've read are good too.
They use a numbing cream & honestly I barely feel anything, at most it's just a little butterfly pinch.
They have a deal at mo that is 3 areas of botox for price of 2. It has been on for months and does return fairly regular.
Prices in general around Dublin all seem to be about the same. So I feel they are just good safe place to go.
Thanks, I heard mixed reports about Therapies laser machines in the past but I’ll look into their Botox. Might be too late for me really as I’m early 40s but worth a chat at least!

ginger tea

Chatty Member
Hey 👋 looking for suggestions I’m 5f1 size 14 on the bottom can anyone suggest any shops/brands that do nice trousers for my short legs. Thanks 😊

Anyone suggest a body lotion that can help wrinkles and dull skin please
1. Once, I overheard a lady said that even when she was not diabetic she loved to use a body lotion made for diabetic people because it was so much hydrating than dove.

2. There are woman that swear by applying pork butter keeps their skin tight. I have not tried this.

My personal tip: oil before bed time.

@Elegantmistakeofnature. I got rid of all my clothes in The pandemic. I put on loads of weight. I then stared last summer losing the weight. This year I have re built my wardrobe and I love that I have now built up a collection that I’m proud to wear and excited to plan what to wear when I leave the house.
I would start with the basics. A great fitting pair of jeans that suit your shape is a great place to begin with, once you have bought them see if they do them in any other colours such as white or black
Always have a classic black dress in your wardrobe, one that can be dressed up or down and that is well cut, that can be worn with heels or flats. Even if it’s expensive buy it. As it will serve you well over the years. Then same with a decent black pair of trousers.
Different styles and cuts of white blouses/tops, long, short sleeves and ones with that have a interesting collars a mixture of high and low cut necklines.
Find out which colours suit your skin tone and stick to them. I don’t do flowery prints as I feel they are frumpy, but I do spots and animal print.

Pick a couple of style icons and take notice of what they are wearing. For me it’s Duchess of Cambridge and Queen Letizia. I never over buy, but buy quality pieces rather than primark, asos and boohoo.
Finally accessorise but not over so [remember coco Chanel] Take one piece off before leaving the house .

my go to brands are :-

1. Reiss
2. Baujken
3. Mint velvet
4. Hobbs
5. Whistles.
6. For jeans take a look at And/or a John Lewis brand.

Finally happy shopping!
Taking notes, thank you very much!

What are your top tips for chafing elbows? They get dry and little "cuts" that eventually hurt - I'm using a heavy duty hand cream on them now and that's okay for a few hours, but doesn't stop it from happening again and again :rolleyes:

In other news: I rediscovered Biotherm L'eau as a very nice and fresh summer scent. It's not heavy, a bit zesty and has good staying power, but isn't overwhelming. I'm going out for my farewell dinner with colleagues today (job change) and it's extremely hot here, so this is a nice, inoffensive scent for the office that still makes me feel a bit more put together.
Cerave and cethaphil are great for me (I know is for the face but I apply always on hands, feet, neck, ect). Also, I overheard a lady telling to other lady that even when she is not diabetic she uses body cream made for the diabetic because they are super hydrating.

Attachments

yogiessexdubs

VIP Member
Hi girls,

Sorry for the stupid question? but what are BIAB nails and do they last longer than the Gel Bottle etc.? I live overseas and gel never lasts on me, even when I ask for the 'hard rubber base' or whatever they call it here.

Love reading your tips, I am blonde, sounds gross but I have dark hair (quite long) by my belly button. I have tweezed this but they gross back. Do you think I should get them waxed?

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
@Woolmercardington

I've had it done, zero regrets, I love it!

Went for it in a package deal with my brows but honestly if I had to pick one it would be the lashline 100%. I have top only, and dye my lashes as well, so it just makes them look full and dark and you can't tell unless I point it out, looks completely natural. My own eyelashes are pale blonde and I have very light skin, but my clinician was great and did mine in dark brown so it fitted my complexion better.

I could never get eyeliner to look like this and even if it did look nice, with my allergies it would quickly be a soggy smeared mess. I wear no eye makeup apart from an occasional bit of shadow, but get to look put together pretty much all the time. It's definitely something to research +++ because they're taking a needle near your eyes but if you get someone who knows what they're doing, it's so worth it.
Was it at all painful? I have had my eyebrows done but it REALLY hurt! Even with an extra dose of the numbing cream it was so painful. 😬