Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

oksobasically

Bringing this comment from last thread:

I really want electrolysis but I’ve been told you have to let the hair grow between sessions and I’m just not prepared to go around with think black hairs on my chin! I don’t want to shave either for laser. How do you get around that?

I go every 3 wks and use one of those dermaplaning face razors as needed til I’ve got 3-4 days before my appt and then I try to stay working from home or just wear a surgical mask if I have to go out (I always time it so it’s not over a weekend or I’d get too self conscious). Those few days do feel kind of uncomfortable but with every session there are less and less hairs and knowing that it’s gonna be permanent makes it feel worth it, though I can see why it’d be enough to put someone off!

Adding to the lip product recs: Dior Addict Lip Glow in rosewood is my favourite- not clear but a my lips but better tint. Their lip oils are wonderful too

Codiaeum

VIP Member
For chin hair I get electrolysis, also called electro-epilation. It hurts a bit, but the little buggers don’t grow back. Bad thing is, it doesn’t stop my body from producing new chin hair in other spots, so I’ll have to get it done again sometime in the future.

tspnwn

The American Crest strips have a larger amount of whitening/bleach content that is not allowed in the U.K, does anyone know where you can get the American ones over here?
Spooky, was just looking to buy some! Try here x

soph30

VIP Member
Laser/electrolysis experts!
I have a laser session left on my upper lip but the weather has just been too hot and my face too tanned since like March. Guess the laser hair ‘cycle’ is broken anyway- should I just start my electrolysis journey and go back to the laser session in the winter? Or will it be pointless anyway, could ask the salon to swap for another body part :)

imnotevensure

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleansing balm to remove make up? Just finished my pixi double cleanse and wanting something similar ☺

abc i like tea

thanks! i think I’ll try out waxing as it’s actually quite cheap in my local salon 😮. I have quite a low pain tolerance so I don’t think epilatings for me 🤣

Pinkfoxxie

Plantur 41 is actually really good for hair growth and strength. I’ve been using it for a while and mine feels thicker and has grown!
I was just about to ask if anyone has used Plantur 39, I’ve been using the starpowa hair skin and nails gummies and they seemed to have helped a bit but keep looking at the Plantur and wondering if it’s worth a try 😁 so thanks for your review 😁

Is there any decent fashion people to follow on instragram? Busy 30 y/o mom thats sick of looking like a scrubber 🤣
I want to know some decent fashion bloggers too!

I guess it really depends on your individual style but I like Anna Cascarina and Heymissangel - Anna gives good styling advice (two thirds rule etc) and Heymissangel has some simple casual outfits on her page for inspo.

Marcinabolan

I seem to be having issues with thinning hair, so I bought some multivitamin hair gummies specific for hair nails and skin. Every time I have them (I have stopped and started over the last few weeks) I seem to explode into big, watery spots that easily scar my skin. I have had other products with biotin in previous to this and it happened then also. Is there a link between biotin and zits, and how can I get around it as I want to improve my hair situation. Thanks x

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Has anyone ever seen longer hair results from using castor oil/rosemary (i think?)
Tempted to give it a go but worried how gross my hair will feel afterwards!

VIP Member
I have very sensitive teeth and they are yellow from drinking copious amounts of coffee but when I use them they most definitely work… but as I said they make your teeth sensitive so use sensodyne. I’m actually going to go buy more now that you’ve reminded me!!!
Thanks - just interested to know what stage people have tried to whiten from. I know there’s different causes for yellowing teeth but good to gauge whether it’s worth a try

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I wouldn't go for them the first time just before the ceremony - some people loved them but I absolutely HATED the feeling, it was unbearable. So give yourself time to try it out and see if it's something you like.
Second this, I only had them once before an event and regretted it - they really irritated my eyes with my contacts in, I ended up removing them with oil and my eyes were all sore for my event. Never again.

JM1234

Can anyone help me with patchy spray tan? I got a spray tan today and its gone so patchy. Parts of it haven't developed on my face and neck. I haven't washed the tan off yet but it's a mess. I will be so embarrassed if I can't fix it. If it was my body fine, I can cover it up but not my face. I go on holiday in 2 days. Help!

View attachment 1486324
How is it looking today?

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Any tips for frown lines? I notice I frown a lot even when having sex 😅🤦‍♀️ Is Botox my only option.
You can get filler there but apparently it’s very dangerous and no reputable person should do it for you. I have an awful frown line and was sceptical Botox alone would work on it, but it really did!

If i told you …

VIP Member
Morning ladies
have any of you lovelies have an intralace system on your head? If so can you please give me tips on how to keep it tangle free when washing and drying it
Thank you in advance x

Figgy Fig

I have the Philips Lumea and love it. I bought it in summer 2019, did however many recommended initial sessions and then barely needed to use it after that. I don’t think I’ve touched it in 18 months. I’m not sure it’s marketed as permanent hair removal but I’ve seen hardly any regrowth.

I am also very pale with dark hair which definitely helped.
Oooh this has tempted me, I have similar colouring. Can you use on your bikini line?!

House of Tea

VIP Member
Maybe don’t dry it out before washing and try and just wash straightaway? I suffer with ‘strong smelling’ hair so wouldn’t say it’s your hair 😀
I was going to wash them on their own, so don’t want to just wash one. That is why I bought 6 cheap ones. Was going to wash hair, make sure it drys and then put in washing basket until I have enough to do a load.

My husband puts microfibre cloths he uses to clean the car in a wash, no softener, on their own. They don’t smell. Not sure why my hair ones go whiffy!

They definitely help my frizz so hope they stay sweet smelling!