Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doenertella

Codiaeum
I loved the unscented Salt of the Earth deodorant for a couple of year and had a 1l refill bottle, but it somehow stopped working for me and I had some shirts where I couldn't get a funky smell out of anymore. Before that it was great against smell - obviously doesn't help against actually sweating, but that's also not what it was for.
I now use the Glassdoor natural deodorant, it's coconut-oil /shea butter based and great against the smell, but it keeps giving me painful bumps in my armpits, I suspect from clogging the pores. And since I'm so done with sweating like mad every day, especially as I have a couple of important events coming up where I'm usually soaked due to nerves just thinking about it, a good time to switch to the strong stuff. I did order some Nivea deo though, just in case I don't like the Yerka - I always had good experiences with their alu-free spray deos.
I think you're in Germany? You could try deodorant from "Ponyhuetchen", which seems to contain less shea butter.

teabob

Is there a training salon near you? They regularly look for models near me and it’s all fully supervised but a fraction of the cost. You do need to be a little patient though as obviously the process takes longer than with a fully qualified stylist.
Theres a college🙂 I’ll look into that thanks

House of Tea

VIP Member
Not a tubing mascara but I’ve been using the L’Oréal Double Extension and like it. I’m also a fan of Lash Power but haven’t used it for ages and been experimenting with lots of cheaper ones, most have been a disappointment. I like the L’Oréal one because it comes off really easily, I noticed a gap in my lashes and think it was from using mascaras that are difficult to get off and rubbing with a cotton pad. Feel this one is nursing them back to health.
That is why I like tubing ones. I hate eye make up removers. Tried loads, they seems to disagree with my eyes.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Seemingly but not sure if this is true 🫤 but if you have blue Veins then you should wear silver and if you have green veins then you should wear gold
I keep seeing this Amanda Harrington tan recommended. I am not going to bother this year, autumn is in the air, but I am interested in the rose version next year. Here’s the chart, mentioning because of the vein thing. Anyone tried her products?

4BFD5EC1-EB53-4EA3-880D-36809E120C82.png

House of Tea

VIP Member
This foot file is insanely expensive but worth it. You can get replacement black bits. But they last ages.

This cream is good. But doubt I will repurchase. I prefer the one I mention below.

Weleda Skin Foot is the best cream I have Used on my feet. I am a walker and after a hard day’s walking this cream does the business at softening and reviving. Plus can be used anywhere else too. It is intensive so you only need a tad.

If you are interested in the Dabbs stuff, some other sites stock it, and you may be able to get it cheaper than from Dabbs direct.

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I love this thread! I have taken some tips from the previous one and this one, whilst going through a particularly rough time and really not feeling like my best self, I’ve always struggled with my weight but atm I feel so awful and uncomfortable 😣 I love the idea of self care and want to put it into practise but to me that just means a bath lol 😆 with some nice body wash. Tonight, I’ve got a face mask and I’m gonna dermaplan my face again and slather on some body lotion and foot lotion! Little steps to overhaul how I’m feeling. Thank you all.
oh - question - does anyone here use Lush for skincare? I was given some freebies and really liked them. Would like others’ opinions please.
Love their fresh masks 💜

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Yes, I love her tan and I am super pale. Unfortunately, she’s posted on insta in the last few days that she’s shutting her brand down. So if you’re a fan or interested in buying, think you need to get your skates on!
Just looked it up and see they’ve ceased trading with immediate effect 😳 what the hell

Spider12

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap but good vitamin C serum?

I am nearing the end of my current one, the mdik8 one which i love, but its quite pricey and i can’t justify the cost, I definitely notice the difference when i don’t use vitamin C so I don’t want to cut it out, just need a cheaper alternative.

P.s not the ordinary one though as that doesn’t agree with my skin
I was using the Sunday Reily one which I loved but was costly so I’m currently trying the la Roche posey one and I’m liking it so far!

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Kinda depends. Are you traveling on plane with colleagues or alone? And eating in the evenings do you do it as a company? Or are you alone? I've done both and both very different answers!? (But happy to help!)
I’ll be going by plane alone and then very likely will be eating in company of colleagues most of the time, apart from maybe breakfast. I fear that I’ll look really frazzled by end of the day, especially if there’s no time to go back to the hotel in between.
I know it’s a bit stupid, but I’m self-conscious about my skin and all that and even though that trip is still two weeks away, I’ve been stressing out about what I should wear and not getting any pimples since they told me about that…:censored:

Last edited:

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
I have nothing but praise for the body shops camomile, make up remover butter.
It wouldn't normally be in my price range for make up remover, but it lasts ages and I've never had an issue with my skin with it.

They have 20% offer on currently 😀

Princess of Scots

VIP Member
Did you have anything on your skin? Moisturiser? SPF? If not I would contact the salon and ask them to put it right before you go away. If you aren’t comfortable with that here is a link to tan removers at boots:

I’ve not used any so I can’t say which is a good one to try. I’m sure someone will have more knowledge on how to remove it. Good luck 😊
Nope. Its came from my eyes watering from an allergy flare up. God damn hayfever is a curse.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I’ve never had mine go dank and I sometimes use them for wearing an all day treatment then save for a wash the next day before I wash the turban. I don’t dry it out and always use fabric softener for everything. I got a cheapo microfibre one from Lidl and it’s great, not too short so fastens without tugging. Have you tried white vinegar and baking soda in the washes?
No, I haven’t tried that mix. Maybe it’s my hair….eek!

Not sure if this is the right thread but I recently got my hair re dyed at the salon I’ve been going to for the past 2 years. However this time it felt very rushed and after a few days, I really don’t like what they have done. Do I go back to them and explain I don’t like it or box dye myself/go to a different hairdresser?
Yes go back. If manager ask to speak to them x

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Can anyone recommend a facial SPF that dries natural/matte and works with makeup? I am naturally dry but the moment I try to use sun cream, I turn into an oil slick!

not_influenced

VIP Member
Question for you lovely lot; heading to a wedding and can't get my hair or makeup done(money, time, location etc) would anyone have any YouTube recommendations of tutorials i could try??