Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I have many nail varnishes, too. Ciate, Barry m, nails inc, Chanel (yep, they chip incredibly easily) Leighton and denny, but I just don’t have the patience to do it. Anyone remember the hard candy nail varnishes that had the ring around the lid? And the make up brand called Pout? I remember buying a lip gloss from there in Covent Garden I think? In a squeezable tube.
Do they still make Leighton Denny. They had some great shades.

Princess of Scots

VIP Member
Can anyone help me with patchy spray tan? I got a spray tan today and its gone so patchy. Parts of it haven't developed on my face and neck. I haven't washed the tan off yet but it's a mess. I will be so embarrassed if I can't fix it. If it was my body fine, I can cover it up but not my face. I go on holiday in 2 days. Help!

IMG_20220809_222842.jpg

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Bit of a personal one 😬 but this site is anon, so what better place to ask?! 😅 I have a really hairy bum hole. Like really thick dark wiry hairs, and they’re really unsightly. And yes, I do bend over, put my head between my legs, and spread my buttocks to get a proper look 😂 does anyone else suffer from the same problem?! And what do you do to take care of it? 🤔 I’ve tried shaving (would NOT recommend, ended up shaving my actual arse hole and it stung for a week), I’ve tried trimming with scissors, and I’ve tried tweezers (Jesus Christ that was painful 😳) but all of those methods leave stubble and I’ll be itchy as hell for days after, and also very tender. SOS 🆘 tips and advice greatly appreciated 😂

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Does anyone have any recomendations for hormonal acne? The week before I come on my period the same side of my chin is just awful. It really gets me down and make me feel so self conscious, I cant put make up on it as it makes it worse and looks crusty.
Same, and I just can’t not pick them. Currently sporting a huge scab on my chin. I get so annoyed with myself. I want to try some of those zit patches to see if they help.

Has anyone tried those parla tablets? I have composite bonding… I only got it done earlier this year, but i might consider buying them if they do actually brighten my teeth.

The American Crest strips have a larger amount of whitening/bleach content that is not allowed in the U.K, does anyone know where you can get the American ones over here?

sushimama

Chatty Member
I wax it myself about once a month, I use Veet face wax strips and it takes one minute. I put BHA on after so I don't get any spots and that's it, so easy!

Keikochan

VIP Member
I'm thinking about buying an IPL hair removal laser hair remover. That is the name on the devise, but I am aware that IPL & Laser are 2 different things so I think they put both names on it to get more search results. I feel like it's an IPL from reading description. I search on Amazon and the 1 I like is just under €50 with free shipping. There are lots that are more expensive & some cheaper options too.

From my research, it says it will greatly reduce the growth and make the hair fall out & not grow. Treatment is planned out for 8 weeks straight & then just do a top up every now & then. I have super pale skin & basically black hair so I feel it should work well on me.

Has anyone tried it at home & how did you get on?

Burrito88

VIP Member
I am having a nightmare with fucking chin hair, it’s ruining my life 😣😣 I got checked for PCOS and I don’t have it, I always had 1 or 2 stray hairs but the last year it’s gotten so much worse and I stupidly started shaving it. I knew it wasn’t ideal but it was the most convenient option because the hairs were visible again after less than 24 hours…

I went to my beauticians today and she said laser hair removal is the way to go but I need to avoid removing the hair for FOUR WEEKS before the treatment…. I nearly started crying, I can’t even leave it 2/3 days or it’s sooo obvious. I saw a guy in the office glance down at it a few months ago when I hadn’t shaved it and I felt awful. It’s about 10 dark hairs just under my chin…

What are my options? Should I wax? I’ve tried plucking but it’s not very convenient….
Maybe you could get some high neck jumpers and scarves for winter, hopefully will be more discreet for you to grow it out this way?

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Can anyone recommend a camisole/vest that will help create curves under clothes? There's lots of slimming options out there, but I'm a skinny bean and would really like something that gives a bit more roundness in the bust - not masses of padding, just a smooth shape. Preferably with a tan option for under white tops!

Happy35

Good afternoon all

an anyone give me some advice on suncreams. Especially once a day application. I’m looking at P20 factor 50 but ultra sun seems to be top choice according to the independent newspaper. As anyone any thoughts regarding this?
I have a very pale skin tone with reddish undertones and burns easily. I prefer the once a day variety as it makes me feel secure in the knowledge that I’m covered.
thanks
I like both the P20 and Ultrasun face creams, I find them very similar. I am medium skin toned and olive
And find the P20 on my body works fine and is clear once dry, the Ultrasun glimmer SPF30 is horrendous on me, dries clear but then gives me a white cast about 30 minutes later, I definitely won’t repurchase this.

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Anyone suggest a body lotion that can help wrinkles and dull skin please
Have you tried Dove?

What do everyone find are the best tweezers for grabbing those hairs that refuse to be pulled? I have some thiccccc hairs on my sideburns/neck that need to be managed, but even my tweezermans sometimes balk at the job! I've tried waxing but with my sensitive skin, I can't go over the area more than once and these hairs are just like... nah I'm staying kthnx.

I've tried laser, and it didn't work (though it worked in other areas) and I don't have PCOS, I'm just really unfortunate in where my hairs grow.
Have you got the pointed ones? They are good at grabbing the hairs that don’t want to come out!
EACE6381-4D1A-41CF-9B34-4E6AF61CD283.jpeg

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend some straighteners? I’ve got some cloud9s but they just are giving me that sleek look after 8 years so I think it’s time for a new pair.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
So the company I started at seems to be rather big on business travel and I just returned from my first business trip in over three years and will be going on two more in the next 5 weeks :oops:
The definite learning I already had was to take a second cardigan with me, even for short trips - we were at an in-door food market on the second night and all my clothes smelled like food and grease. Couldn't bear wearing the cardigan again the next day, so in my despair I tried getting the smell out by putting it into the mini-fridge overnight (didn't really work), so I re-wore a jumper.

Any seasoned business travelers here that could share your best tips and tricks? I've only very rarely been before and the new company will even throw an employee party and I have no idea how fancy/unfancy it'll be.

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend some straighteners? I’ve got some cloud9s but they just are giving me that sleek look after 8 years so I think it’s time for a new pair.
I have Remington shine therapy ones, highly rate them and much prefer them to ghds/babyliss. Always get them on offer too and really reasonable price!

JustmeKC

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a good curling wand? I bought the beauty works (ridiculously influenced!) and it’s rubbish doesn’t hold a curl at all, although apparently its good for hair with extensions….which I don’t have 🤣 I prefer a wand as opposed to a tong (with the clip part)
I really like this one. It’s the only wand that I’ve used over the years that keeps a nice curl in my hair, but I like a loose curl so if you’re after something tighter it might not be for you

Attachments

House of Tea

VIP Member
Olaplex 3 - anyone use it for hair that isn’t dyed but is trying to go grey with a funny brittle texture? Is it just for dyed hair?