Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aliens visiting at night
Spontaneous human combustion
Getting a red light on my fuel

Reactions: 2
Glad I’m not alone! I hear all sorts of weird noises whenever I’m alone and I just freak myself out. Don’t think I could cope living opposite the woods 😂
It is creepy at night and we have creaky floorboards that creak when they feel like it I used to work late shift till 11pm and my hubby hated being in the house alone.
It also doesn't help that our neighbour wears a boiler suite out in the garden alot micheal myers style 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It is creepy at night and we have creaky floorboards that creak when they feel like it I used to work late shift till 11pm and my hubby hated being in the house alone.
It also doesn't help that our neighbour wears a boiler suite out in the garden alot micheal myers style 😆
Jesus! That wouldn’t half get my imagination going! 🤣

Stairs, throughout the day if I am upstairs I go over and over in my head how I am going to walk down the stairs. I have never fallen down the stairs but I have a constant fear I will fall and die 🙈

I know no one likes bad smells but I have a phobia of them. For example, if I even think something might smell bad I start heaving and often throw up.

Reactions: 3
thank you 💙

and you’re exactly right. when i tell people i have ocd they automatically assume i’m super clean and have lots of routines before leaving the house etc, but i always try to explain it people like it’s obsessive compulsive - the compulsions are the cleaning, the routines and the obsessions are the intrusive thoughts. a lot of people, like me, have one but not the other. there’s so many layers to it that people just don’t realise.
I think I may have this. Thanks it's making me wonder if I should see someone about it

Celery. The smell, the crunch everything. I cant bear it anywhere near me.
Polystyrene and worms too.
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Horses
Heights/bridges
Floors in a swimming pool 🤢

Deep sea freaks me out! Cant even do like Google streetview and zoom in in the water

• Haha
Horses
Heights/bridges

Deep sea freaks me out! Cant even do like Google streetview and zoom in in the water
I used to stick my fingers in the drain on the floor of my local swimming pool when I was younger 😅.

Mine is getting sucked into an aeroplane toilet if I flushed while still sitting on it.

• Wow
Pylons. I think there was some sort of advert on the TV when I was a kid and the pylons were walking? Hated them ever since.

• Haha
I also have this weird fear about hitting a brick when I’m driving…

Also have nightmares that a plague of wasps will invade my bedroom in the night in summer…

Driving on a motorway or running over someone in my car. I have been known to go back and double check.

Someone breaking into my house and murdering me (made worse recently by the Idaho murders) I also don't like having my back turned on an open door. Iv always felt like someone could come behind me and either stab me or hit me over the head.

I get really anxious walking around places like ikea and costoco- but the parts where the stock is piled high, as I keep worrying something will fall down and crush me or my little boy (got worse since becoming a mum)

Being near Windows at night without a curtain/ blind. I hate the feeling that someone could see me but I can't see them.

Reading this back.....think iv got problems! 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Driving on a motorway or running over someone in my car. I have been known to go back and double check.

Someone breaking into my house and murdering me (made worse recently by the Idaho murders) I also don't like having my back turned on an open door. Iv always felt like someone could come behind me and either stab me or hit me over the head.

I get really anxious walking around places like ikea and costoco- but the parts where the stock is piled high, as I keep worrying something will fall down and crush me or my little boy (got worse since becoming a mum)

Being near Windows at night without a curtain/ blind. I hate the feeling that someone could see me but I can't see them.

Reading this back.....think iv got problems! 🤣🤣🤣
Couldn’t sleep without curtains or blinds. Often in Scandinoir tv series, or modern city apartments - all the exposed glass! Must be horrendous in the morning, especially with a hangover.

Driving along in summer with the windows down and a bird flying through the car. Before I got a car with AC I would be very warm driving anywhere in summer due to the fear of opening the window.

Ladders in swimming pools. Not irrational I know this stems from an episode of I think casualty where someone slipped on one and snapped their leg in two but know I panic seeing anyone use them and can’t use them myself at all. I’d rather look like a seal trying to push myself up on to the side.

Driving along in summer with the windows down and a bird flying through the car. Before I got a car with AC I would be very warm driving anywhere in summer due to the fear of opening the window.
I’m like this, but with wasps & bees. I was driving out a car park once and heard a “buzzz” in my ear… I slammed the car onto the spaces bit, ripped on the brake and virtually barrel rolled out my car door 😂😂

I’m like this, but with wasps & bees. I was driving out a car park once and heard a “buzzz” in my ear… I slammed the car onto the spaces bit, ripped on the brake and virtually barrel rolled out my car door 😂😂
I've had a moth attack me mid drive, it just rose up out of nowhere and went for my face 😭 luckily it was a straight bit of road with no other traffic!

• Wow
Horses
Heights/bridges

Yes! I was on google maps the other day, looking at italy. I was on the coast (lol like i was there) and the further away you went the ocean jsut kept getting darker and darker and bigger bigger. My heart actually started to race 😭😭😆😆😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6