Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jumping into swimming pools, I’ll happily get into one but I’ll never jump (nothing has ever happened to me in a pool either so it’s weird)

More intrusive thoughts than fear but anytime Im chopping anything with a sharp knife I want to just chop a finger off.

Or pour the kettle onto my arm

😬
I also have this one when I’m pouring tea!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Rodents, all of them, even hamsters. Can’t walk passed them in a pet shop.
Thunder and lightning which is going on right now and I’m sat with my sons ear defenders on and bright torches so I can’t see or hear it. My fear is so bad I have super thick curtains and blinds on every window and outside door too so I don’t see it.

• Heart
Rodents, all of them, even hamsters. Can’t walk passed them in a pet shop.
Thunder and lightning which is going on right now and I’m sat with my sons ear defenders on and bright torches so I can’t see or hear it. My fear is so bad I have super thick curtains and blinds on every window and outside door too so I don’t see it.
Are you OK? I'm up for a little bit if you want to chat to distract you?
I have two small rodents you'd hate 😆. Rats!
What animals do you prefer? Are you a cat or dog person or both or neither?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Are you OK? I'm up for a little bit if you want to chat to distract you?
I have two small rodents you'd hate 😆. Rats!
What animals do you prefer? Are you a cat or dog person or both or neither?
Thank you, that’s why I’m on here scrolling rather than Facebook. My best friend is a storm lover, completely opposite to me.

haha yes rats! I’ve heard they are fantastic pets etc but there’s just something about all small furrys that I can’t do! I often have the same nightmare that my feet are being bitten by them, although usually ferrets!

I’m a dog person, although never owned one! I had a cat for 18 years from childhood, I was so sad when she had to be put to sleep and I’ve never been able to get another, she really was one of a kind. I worry I’d feel the same with a dog.

Whales I am absolutely petrified of whales!! But what are the chances of seeing a whale in Nottingham, UK
I know I shouldn't laugh, but 😂😂😂
My mate has always hated tortoises. I never knew why, she's a real animal lover and it just seemed a weird thing to dislike? I finally found out recently, during a phone conversation, that she's scared of what they look like "without the shell on" 😱😂

Thank you, that’s why I’m on here scrolling rather than Facebook. My best friend is a storm lover, completely opposite to me.

haha yes rats! I’ve heard they are fantastic pets etc but there’s just something about all small furrys that I can’t do! I often have the same nightmare that my feet are being bitten by them, although usually ferrets!

I’m a dog person, although never owned one! I had a cat for 18 years from childhood, I was so sad when she had to be put to sleep and I’ve never been able to get another, she really was one of a kind. I worry I’d feel the same with a dog.
You may feel the same about a dog but there is hope! My mum is similar. She sort of accidentally procured her last dog from me. Our family dog (we'd had her since I was a child) died and she bonded with my dog whilst being adamant she'd never have another. In the end I let them be together. They had some wonderful years until she died (the dog not my mother). Now my mum is struggling to commit to a new dog whilst regularly borrowing my brother's dog. There's no way she will get custody rights there though haha.
Ultimately I think if you're meant to have a pet then the opportunity will create itself. Be that accidentally or by your own choosing.

Those rabies posters at the airport in the 80s and 90s. They made me so paranoid when I was on holiday in Spain as a child - I would run a mile if a stray dog approached me!

Screenshot_20221214_072859.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_072841.jpg

Every time I approach a pedestrian crossing I automatically tell myself not to lean forward incase a vehicle goes past and cuts my head off. I am fine at the side of any road, just crossings. Think I've watched a mixture of too many horror films 🥴

those half human half goats!!! mr tumnus really fucked me up as a child

Pigeons and my mums mash! I can’t go near pigeons and I get really anxious if their flying above me!

whenever my Mum says she’s making something with mash I get a sweat on and have to make sure about 20 times she’s not giving me any!!! I’m traumatised after how bad it was when I was younger 🤣
me when my mum whips out the slow cooker

I second the person who said mirrors. I have a fear of looking in the mirror at night/on my own, and there being someone else in the background of my reflection.
or there not being anyone at all...

i've just finished reading this thread and i've been cry laughing at some of them. thank you 🤣

Last edited:
Centaurs. Imagine being chased by one - not only could it run much faster than you but it could hurl abuse at you while it was doing it!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Centaurs. Imagine being chased by one - not only could it run much faster than you but it could hurl abuse at you while it was doing it!
Only if it had horse legs! Imagine a horse with human legs trying to chase you… it’d be too top heavy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is reminding me of that question: would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck.

A horse-sized duck sounds bloody terrifying.

Reactions: 3
I live with my husband and when he works away I always panic that there’s someone in the house, either a person or a demon and I literally have to lie in bed with my eyes tightly shut and the covers over my ears…

Motorways. I can’t drive on them and when I’m in the passenger seat on one I just tense up the whole journey.

When I’m in old or tall buildings I’m always terrified that the floor will just give way and I’ll fall through.

• Heart
Butterflies.. as a child I ended up in a huge migration swarm of them and they got stuck in my hair, my clothes and were just everywhere. Their creepy legs and flappy wings just make me want to puke. Moths are naturally included.

Also, standing on crunchy things, mainly bugs etc. over the years I’ve accidentally stood on ladybirds and once a bumblebee And the crunch and pop just makes me gag.
And weirdest of all, the police. I’m absolutely terrified of them. I think the thought of someone having so much power over other peoples lives, and not knowing or caring about them as a person.. I don’t know. It’s mainly intrusive thoughts that convince me that they’ll say I’ve done something awful, or someone’s been hurt or murdered, and they’re coming to either arrest me or tell me bad news. I once had a panic attack driving past a parked police car thinking they were going to stop me and arrest me for speeding (which I wasn’t!) only to later realise the car was stopped at the side of the road because said policeman was pissing in a bush. 🙈

I live with my husband and when he works away I always panic that there’s someone in the house, either a person or a demon and I literally have to lie in bed with my eyes tightly shut and the covers over my ears…

Motorways. I can’t drive on them and when I’m in the passenger seat on one I just tense up the whole journey.

When I’m in old or tall buildings I’m always terrified that the floor will just give way and I’ll fall through.
I used to do that when my husband was a coach driver and used to be a way alot for days at a time. I would check all doors were locked all windows were shut inside the wardrobes even behind the shower curtain. I also made him put a lock on the door up to the attic room.
We now live opposite a wood its pitch black with no streetlights thankfully he's not away anymore if he was I would definately be staying at my mums 😅

I used to do that when my husband was a coach driver and used to be a way alot for days at a time. I would check all doors were locked all windows were shut inside the wardrobes even behind the shower curtain. I also made him put a lock on the door up to the attic room.
We now live opposite a wood its pitch black with no streetlights thankfully he's not away anymore if he was I would definately be staying at my mums 😅
Glad I’m not alone! I hear all sorts of weird noises whenever I’m alone and I just freak myself out. Don’t think I could cope living opposite the woods 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2