Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing Laura Beale trip on a toy, fall down the stairs and die in Eastenders when I was 10 means I’m more careful than the average person going down steps and will have the biggest hissy fit if someone dares to leave anything near the top of them… 🤣

Reactions: 5
Seeing Laura Beale trip on a toy, fall down the stairs and die in Eastenders when I was 10 means I’m more careful than the average person going down steps and will have the biggest hissy fit if someone dares to leave anything near the top of them… 🤣
Same here
two people I know have fallen down the stairs one was carrying her baby, her slippers ( slip ons) the sole curled under her foot
the other person fell backwards when trying to help someone who was drunk get up the stairs that person ended up in ICU unconscious but luckily made a full recovery
the other person with the baby was badly bruised protecting their baby but otherwise okay
I never wear anything on my feet going up and down and hate anyone faffing around near stairs

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The dark
Still as a grown up old adult I hate complete utter darkness
Me and hubby stayed at a Manor House once and the room was so dark I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face, I had to get up and open the curtains

Sleeping in the house by myself when my husband is away
I’ve never lived alone, I can’t completely relax because of course whatever is outside is waiting for me to let my guard down

Lifts/elevators - hate them, moving metal coffins I live in perpetual fear of being trapped in one of them

Flying and turbulence- after every flight I say that’s it never again ….till the next time 😬

irrational fear - sink holes 🙈
I sleep with the light on when my husband isn’t home at night for any reason! (Like working away or on a night out with friends and getting home late) I can’t sleep in darkness by myself! I never have!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I remember in holby city (?) when Tess (?) got impailed by a pole. Fell backwards onto it and it went through her stomach... my 9 year old self was traumatised.
That reminds me of that episode of 999 with the lad at school getting a javelin through his neck!

Reactions: 4
Throwing up. Not a day goes by where I don’t get major anxiety that I could catch an evil virus that could make me sick. Life destroying. Wish I could just be scared of buttons or something.

Throwing up. Not a day goes by where I don’t get major anxiety that I could catch an evil virus that could make me sick. Life destroying. Wish I could just be scared of buttons or something.
I’m sharing too much here but I’ve had the most awful stomach bug since Thursday. Desperately wanting to be better again but glad it’s just bottom end and not me being sick. I hate it.

I’m sharing too much here but I’ve had the most awful stomach bug since Thursday. Desperately wanting to be better again but glad it’s just bottom end and not me being sick. I hate it.
Hope you get better soon. This is my idea of actual hell. I sometimes say I’d rather get hit by a bus than throw up and as dramatic as that is, it’s how I feel. Glad you only got the bottom end 🤣
Sounds like it could be a food poisoning/bacterial thing if it’s been going on that long. I had campylobacter once and that was deathly.

(sorry everyone for hijacking the post with grossness)

Reactions: 1
I sleep with the light on when my husband isn’t home at night for any reason! (Like working away or on a night out with friends and getting home late) I can’t sleep in darkness by myself! I never have!
This is me too. Sometimes my partner has to go away for work, its only ever maybe one or two nights but even if its summer and its light out until late - I still leave the landing light on and try to stay up as along as possible with the tv on. I won't bring a drink to bed either incase I need to get up and pee during the night. Its silly because I know there is nobody else in the house, maybe its the silence, but it just causes me so much anxiety and fear.

Reactions: 2
I'm terrified of ships. The bigger, the scarier. I don't like being on them, but I like standing close to them even less. I always think a giant tidal wave will come and the ship will tip over onto me.

According to someone I know who grew up in a port town, this isn't an uncommon fear.

Reactions: 2