Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bastard Pigeons. I’ve been known to use a child as a protective shield when they’ve had the sheer audacity to swoop near me. They’re dirty, disease ridden, antisocial, pecky bastards who don’t respect humans.

Reactions: 4
The sound of liquid being poured in to a glass. Hair.
Standing on a snail.
Falling over.
Revels (the chocolates)- I don’t like the jeopardy.

Reactions: 3
People touching my knees, I have no idea why but as soon as someone touches my knee I have to move or shake their hand off, it makes me so uncomfortable

Reactions: 1
Maybe not ridiculous but death. It freaks me out so badly.
Not at all ridiculous to me. It’s my biggest fear. I can’t talk about it without having panic attacks. I can even feel it building just replying to you so I’m stopping now

• Heart
Not at all ridiculous to me. It’s my biggest fear. I can’t talk about it without having panic attacks. I can even feel it building just replying to you so I’m stopping now
It feels nice knowing someone feels the same. I get really bad panic attacks too when I really think about it. It takes over my life sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Cooked eggs with soft runny yolks make me want to 🤮. I hate eggs and never eat them myself but when my family have fried or poached eggs I have to go into another room! Don’t get me started on the Insta diet huns who show videos of them cutting into their brekkie and the yolk oozing out!! Urgggggh!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Crunchy food but I’m weirdly ok with crisps? I can’t cope with dense crunchy foods like carrots, apples etc. The noise sets me right off and the thought of someone chomping straight into them gives me actual shivers!

Reactions: 2
Everytime i’m in any building with an upstairs (or multiple floors) or even at home I get this intense fear that the floors can’t hold the weight and they’re gonna fall through 😂

Reactions: 6
That the police will knock on my door and arrest me for a crime I haven’t done and my life will be ruined and I’ll never get to come home again.

Being bullied and humiliated by a group of mean girls, being made fun of in group chats and just ripped to pieces behind my back, then later told about it.

• Heart
Casualty put me off trains for a long time after I watched an episode where the train derailed and a woman (think it was Anna but it was about 20 years ago and I have never dared to watch that ep again) lost her legs. I was also only about 7-8 years old and it was probably the first time I saw something that graphic so it really stuck with me.

Begged my mum for ages to let me stay up and watch casualty as well but that ep caused me so much trauma.
I remember in holby city (?) when Tess (?) got impailed by a pole. Fell backwards onto it and it went through her stomach... my 9 year old self was traumatised.

• Sad
Cotton balls. Touching them or even looking at them, ugh, they give me shudders.

I have a fear that someone is behind me chasing me up or down the stairs! I always start normal then by the time I’m getting to the top I’m sprinting and convinced there is a murderer right behind Me! Then once I’m at the top I’m back to normal 🤣

I remember as a young child my mum told me that “If you touch a slug you will turn into one”. Of course I now realise it was to stop me picking them up, as a young kid does. But at the time it installed a mortal fear of slugs, and even now if I see one my first reaction is to cringe and think “Don’t touch it for gods sake”. I’m 52.

• Haha
The dark
Still as a grown up old adult I hate complete utter darkness
Me and hubby stayed at a Manor House once and the room was so dark I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face, I had to get up and open the curtains

Sleeping in the house by myself when my husband is away
I’ve never lived alone, I can’t completely relax because of course whatever is outside is waiting for me to let my guard down

Lifts/elevators - hate them, moving metal coffins I live in perpetual fear of being trapped in one of them

Flying and turbulence- after every flight I say that’s it never again ….till the next time 😬

irrational fear - sink holes 🙈

• Heart
The dark
Still as a grown up old adult I hate complete utter darkness
Me and hubby stayed at a Manor House once and the room was so dark I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face, I had to get up and open the curtains

Sleeping in the house by myself when my husband is away
I’ve never lived alone, I can’t completely relax because of course whatever is outside is waiting for me to let my guard down

Lifts/elevators - hate them, moving metal coffins I live in perpetual fear of being trapped in one of them

Flying and turbulence- after every flight I say that’s it never again ….till the next time 😬

irrational fear - sink holes 🙈
Yes!
To all of this!
Never think about what’s waiting outside when the house is full only when alone or darkness 😂

Anyone else have to stop themselves from jumping off cliffs even though you know you would most probably die or is that just me?
Think it’s something like intrusive thoughts

• Heart
Up until the age of about 45, I wouldn't sit in a window seat on a plane because I thought that if I looked out the window it would make the plane tip over to the side. Weirdly though, I was happy to sit next to the window seat and lean across whoever was sitting there to look out the window. 😃

Yes!
To all of this!
Never think about what’s waiting outside when the house is full only when alone or darkness 😂

Anyone else have to stop themselves from jumping off cliffs even though you know you would most probably die or is that just me?
Think it’s something like intrusive thoughts
My intrusive thoughts tend to be around driving, e.g. wanting to jerk the steering wheel. It's never something I've nearly done though, however, growing up, I knew a man who had a compulsion to jump off piers. We lived on the coast but he rarely went to the seaside because the pull was so strong and unsettling.

Growing up I was convinced things would eat my ears if I left them uncovered at bedtime - even though I know it's completely irrational now I still have to sleep with my covers right up round my head because of that small "what if" in my head 😂

Reactions: 3